• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCW holder robbed, shot, killed at Talladega Forest in AL

NHCraigT

NES Member

Link to news updates on the above (scroll down to see more info):

Last edited:
I'd rather go down swinging. She didn't order them into the woods at gun point just to ask nicely for their wallets. She took em to the woods so she didn't have to drag the bodies off the road.
And I always wondered about when they make a dig your own grave. There ain’t no f***ing way I’m gonna do that

I'd say once you're in a fight, stay in the fight. Getting shot in the back, no good.

It's easy to quarterback, I know.
Too bad he hesitated when he pulled his ccw telling her to drop her gun. He should have just pulled and started blasting. He clearly didn’t want to have to kill anyone. I know its easy to armchair but let it be a lessen. NEVER hesitate. Get out there and train.

Hider called out to Pinkins for help, but Pinkins subsequentlyfled the scene on foot, according to the sheriff's report. Pinkins was later discovered with the help of K9s in a large group of tents that had been set up in the National Forest in what officials called a "base camp" approximately one-half mile from the scene of the robbery.

Authorities said they had reason to believe the group of people at the camp were "armed and potentially violent." (The press release noted that camping is allowed in the national forest for no more than 21 days at a time. This particular camp has been turned over to authorities and will be "dismantled," according to the release.)

As officers were ordering Pinkins to the ground, a 5-year-old child ran from the woods holding a shotgun. It was determined the child was Pinkins' son and she was charged with endangering the welfare of a child. The Department of Human Services was notified and took custody of the child.

I would not want to be the cop(s) that might have had to shoot that 5yr old kid with the shotgun. Presumably, they trained the kid to run into the woods and grab a shotgun as a defensive tactic - who would chase a 5yr old if raiding a camp? These are feral women.

"The girl was asking if she could get away because she had a child and she needed food and it wasn't supposed to be like this and she can't go to jail but her femur was shattered and she couldn't get away."

"We would have given you food and money, I already told her like she didn't have to shoot," a frustrated Paulus recalled telling her. "I think I said everything I needed to say to her until we go to court.
"

i spent about 3 years driving one of the CVS Samaritan vans on rt 2, and 290 years back specifically helping stranded motorist back when the cell phone was pretty rare. never felt in danger back then, but me quite a few people who creeped me out.

I still find myself helping stranded motorist out once in a while. I'm pretty cautious of everyone and look at stuff pretty cynically, but I can see this happening. dude was just trying to do the right thing and paid for it with his life.

people often can and do suck

Gary Lee Sampson. When I don’t stop to help you stranded on the side of the road, or don’t stop when you ask me for help as I’m walking by, don’t blame me. Blame Gary Lee Sampson. If you don’t know who I’m talking about, you should. Google it. This one hits close to home because I knew one of the victims who worked at The Weathervane in Plymouth who ended his shift and offered Sampson a ride and was basically taken behind Abington Ale House (knew friends who worked there too) where he was tied to a tree and Sampson cut his throat. I’m going to assume you’re Gary Sampson. Not because I want to, but because I have to. The bad people ruin it for the good people. Anyone that stops you, assume they mean to do you harm. Be prepared to make them regret trying to make you, a good samaritan, a victim.

Last edited:
Gary Lee Sampson. When I don’t stop to help you stranded on the side of the road, or don’t stop when you ask me for help as I’m walking by, don’t blame me. Blame Gary Lee Sampson. If you don’t know who I’m talking about, you should. Google it. I’m going to assume you’re Gary Sampson. Because I have to. The bad people ruin it for the good people.

Pride of Weymouth. Well, tied with George Jung.

Those of us OFW appreciate a good criminal. The more outrageous the crimes the better.

Gary Lee Sampson. When I don’t stop to help you stranded on the side of the road, or don’t stop when you ask me for help as I’m walking by, don’t blame me. Blame Gary Lee Sampson. If you don’t know who I’m talking about, you should. Google it. This one hits close to home because I knew one of the victims who worked at The Weathervane in Plymouth and was basically taken behind Abington Ale House (knew friends who worked there too). I’m going to assume you’re Gary Sampson. Not because I want to, but because I have to. The bad people ruin it for the good people. Anyone that stops you, assume they mean to do you harm. Be prepared to make them regret trying to make you, a good samaritan, a victim.
I have a tough time not helping people out. Goes against everything I believe in. That said, I’m not oblivious to the possibilities.

One night I’m standing at a Red Box outside a CVS, wife was inside picking something up, and this guy approaches me. Needs a ride, car broke down, Yada-yada. His girl is sitting in the driver’s seat in a parking space, car is full of crap. Guy’s being oddly pushy and my hackles are up, but I don’t want to turn down someone truly in need. I pulled out my wallet and told the guy I’d be happy to give him a ride if he needed but I wanted him to know who’s car he was getting into. Pulled out my carry permit, put my finger over the personal details and showed him the card. “Still want a ride? I’ll take you wherever you need to get to.”
Guy noped the f*** out of there quick, hopped in the car with in his girl, car started right up and they took off.

They’re really out there and that just sucks.
Sorry about your friend.

I have a tough time not helping people out. Goes against everything I believe in. That said, I’m not oblivious to the possibilities.

One night I’m standing at a Red Box outside a CVS, wife was inside picking something up, and this guy approaches me. Needs a ride, car broke down, Yada-yada. His girl is sitting in the driver’s seat in a parking space, car is full of crap. Guy’s being oddly pushy and my hackles are up, but I don’t want to turn down someone truly in need. I pulled out my wallet and told the guy I’d be happy to give him a ride if he needed but I wanted him to know who’s car he was getting into. Pulled out my carry permit, put my finger over the personal details and showed him the card. “Still want a ride? I’ll take you wherever you need to get to.”
Guy noped the f*** out of there quick, hopped in the car with in his girl, car started right up and they took off.

Sorry about your friend.
You need to get over that desire to want to help people in need. Your desire to keep yourself and your wife alive needs to override that. Plenty of people out there ready and willing to prey on your good nature. This ain’t Canada. Hell, Canada ain’t even Canada anymore.

Sorry about your friend.
In other countries, where pieces of shit are multiplying exponentially, society no longer makes an effort to help people in public distress precisely because of how many are acutally scammers. Case in point - China. You go up to try to help someone and you get accused of causing injury and shaken down for money.

You need to get over that desire to want to help people in need. Your desire to keep yourself and your wife alive needs to override that. Plenty of people out there ready and willing to prey on your good nature. This ain’t Canada. Hell, Canada ain’t even Canada anymore.
Would have taken my wife home and come back for him. No way I’d put a stranger in a car with my family.

I was just packing up groceries in the lot and hopped in my car last week, rolled down my two front windows to air out the heat and as I'm putting on my seat belt, this guy puts his paws on my passenger side open window and starts to say 'EY BOSS.' Prob about to beg for money. Told him 'six feet nigga, I got covid,' and rolled up my windows the guy hopped off asap lol.
Perpetuating the racism. Bravo.

Back
Top Bottom