Chapter 180 "Boston Tea Party 2008"

I can just imagine the giggle that the anti's are getting reading this thread.

Each person can do as they want.

I hope that some here have the spine to join in the show. It's not the teabag, but the VOLUME we need.

Do you really think the state would go and arrest thousands of citizens? Last time I checked even the ACLU supports people exercising their right to seek redress of grievances against the government.

The real question is: Are you willing to join in solidarity for that in which you believe or not?

The message can only be as strong as the source. And from what I see here, we have a few people who are willing to stand against the LIE that is Gun Control, but more that are worried about making the man angry.

DAMN IT, I WANT THEM ANGRY.

I want them to squirm under the pressure of being put on the spot for what is both right and true.

I want them to worry about their jobs in November because of bad policy.

I want them to know that we lived with their grand ideas, have seen the failure and want it FIXED.

I want them to hear our ROAR and ask the question: How much do we spend every year keeping track of the law abiding and what does it solve?

I want them to know that the natives are restless and tired of being made the scapegoat of their failing.

If you are so worried about the reaction of the teabag and get visions of jackboots when you boil water - Come up with your own protest.

Otherwise, Put up or Shut up.

Steve: You and I disagree on this. Send the tea and your voice is heard. They think about it. They worry about what the Glob will say. But you are heard. Do nothing and they can go blissfully along thinking that they are making all their constituents happy and statis quo.

We should send tea bags to the Glob, too. Our state reps and senators appear to care more about what is printed in the Glob than what their constituents think. I can't seem to find the thread where this was brought out in an interview, but that is my recollection.

Regards,

Bob

Bob - okay to disagree, but I do like the idea of sending the tea to the Globe[grin]

Steve: You and I disagree on this. Send the tea and your voice is heard. They think about it. They worry about what the Glob will say. But you are heard. Do nothing and they can go blissfully along thinking that they are making all their constituents happy and statis quo.

We should send tea bags to the Glob, too. Our state reps and senators appear to care more about what is printed in the Glob than what their constituents think. I can't seem to find the thread where this was brought out in an interview, but that is my recollection.

Regards,

Bob

Actually Bob you make a really good point re the Reps caring more about what’s in the Globe. Why? Because it’s public and it’s there for all to see. The question is what if the State reps just ignore the letter / teabag protest? They could easily do that. What about holding a grand tea party on the steps of the state house, with thousands of peacefully demonstrating gun owners with intelligent representation from GOAL as spokespersons …TV, Internet, newspaper coverage the Reps cannot ignore. I’ll show up. Hell, I’ll even bring a teapot!

It's not that F-ing difficult people. Open the envelop, stick in said letter along with teabag, close the freaking envelop and mail it in. Thats all you have to do on your end. Such a simple task. The message will be clear, and everyone and their mothers should participate to really get the effect across. Screw it, everyone should send multiple letters to the globe, reps, committees you name it. Quit your bitchin or get in the kitchen.

I can just imagine the giggle that the anti's are getting reading this thread.

Each person can do as they want.

I hope that some here have the spine to join in the show. It's not the teabag, but the VOLUME we need.

Do you really think the state would go and arrest thousands of citizens? Last time I checked even the ACLU supports people exercising their right to seek redress of grievances against the government.

The real question is: Are you willing to join in solidarity for that in which you believe or not?

The message can only be as strong as the source. And from what I see here, we have a few people who are willing to stand against the LIE that is Gun Control, but more that are worried about making the man angry.

DAMN IT, I WANT THEM ANGRY.

I want them to squirm under the pressure of being put on the spot for what is both right and true.

I want them to worry about their jobs in November because of bad policy.

I want them to know that we lived with their grand ideas, have seen the failure and want it FIXED.

I want them to hear our ROAR and ask the question: How much do we spend every year keeping track of the law abiding and what does it solve?

I want them to know that the natives are restless and tired of being made the scapegoat of their failing.

If you are so worried about the reaction of the teabag and get visions of jackboots when you boil water - Come up with your own protest.

Otherwise, Put up or Shut up.

I like your reasons for wanting them angry. I think the list of the reasons you have written would make a good addendum to GOAL's letter. Weak tea or stong tea the choice is ours but we need to let the folks up at the State House know that we are watching and we want our Second Ammendment Rights restored in mAssachusetts. If we keep quiet, all those anti-bills will keep on rolling out of committee and into law.
Best Regards.

This sends a great message because:

someone who actually takes the few minutes to send this letter, Is someone who takes a few minutes and votes!

They know this.

Do what makes you feel good, and tell no one. Feeling good requires no consensus, and truly only matters to you.

Do not waste your unique moments waiting for everyone to agree...it can't be done...just do what makes you feel good. I will.

Old wooden crate: $5
Stencils and spray paint to spell TEA: $4
One crateful of manure: free if you know where to get it

The look of terror on the face of the sheep as you smash the crate open on the steps of Beacon Hill: priceless

Old wooden crate: $5
Stencils and spray paint to spell TEA: $4
One crateful of manure: free if you know where to get it

The look of terror on the face of the sheep as you smash the crate open on the steps of Beacon Hill: priceless

Where to get it (manure, that is)?

The INSIDE of the state house is already full of it!

OK, the teabag thing is a little hokey. Plus, I got a kick out of reading peoples reactions to doing this. Then I wondered if some truly bad people would try to use this as a chance to pull something. I also was thinking CIGARETTES would be FAR FAR more appropriate this week since they just raised the tax on them.

Who actually owned the tea in the real, original "Boston Tea Party"? Was it owned by the government, or private merchants? Did the merchants themselves dump their own tea, or did people dump someone else's tea? Why would a few "dry leaves" (tea) be considered hazardous waste? Tons of leaves blow into the ocean every day I'd imagine.

How to send a message, THE message is the real question.

Is a tea bag it? I think MassBackwards has the best idea to date with the manure. How exactly DO gun owners send a message? Tough call on that one, as most anything can affect that thing which is attempted to be saved.

What a sad state we're in!

Last edited:
The only thing I'm not sure of is what you're referring to: MA or the current lack of testicular fortitude being shown by some old ladies on this thread.

No offense meant to any women posting here who may be over 65, of course! I'm referring to the ones who are afraid of making our lords & masters angry.

I'm referring to the ones who are afraid of making our lords & masters angry.

For some, I suspect it is less to do with making the lords and masters angry and more to do with keeping a low profile until the day comes when they have to stand up to the lords and masters using more then pencils and teabags.

I'll be sending some in. I'll just makes sure whatever I send in is factory sealed and is clearly labeled tea. Yes, they are assh*les, and I'm sure they will threaten arrest because they are stupid, arrogant, elitist, bastards.

Where to get it? The INSIDE of the state house is already full of it!

OK, the teabag thing is a little hokey. Plus, I got a kick out of reading peoples reactions to doing this. Then I wondered if some truly bad people would try to use this as a chance to pull something. I also was thinking CIGARETTES would be FAR FAR more appropriate this week since they just raised the tax on them.

Who actually owned the tea in the real, original "Boston Tea Party"? Was it owned by the government, or private merchants? Did the merchants themselves dump their own tea? Why would a few dry leaves be considered hazardous waste? Tons of leaves blow into the ocean every day I'd imagine.

How to send a message, THE message is the real question. Is a tea bag it? I think MassBackwards has the best idea to date. How do GUN OWNERS send a message? Tough call on that one, as most anything can affect the thing trying to be saved.

It was a private merchant from some where northwest of Boston. I think that the ship was built in New Bedford.

Bill

The tea was to be distributed by the East India Company. The sons of Thomas Hutchinson the Governor of Massachusetts had a financial stake in the company.

Chapter 180 "Boston Tea Party 2008"

July 23, 2008 will mark the ten year anniversary of the signing of the 1998 Gun Control Act by Acting Governor Paul Cellucci. In last month’s edition of The OutdoorMessage™, we outlined what has become known as the “Decade of Disaster” that was created by the passage of Chapter 180 of the Acts of 1998. It is no secret that these ill-conceived laws have done nothing to reduce crime or violence, instead the opposite is true. The erosion of our rights as citizens and the ever increasing violence on our streets is proof positive that change is needed. To mark the ten year anniversary, GOAL is urging our members to send the message to our elected officials that we are still waiting for meaningful reform if not outright repeal of Chapter 180.

We are asking our members to take a symbolic step by sending the note below to your local legislators, along with a Tea Bag. July 23, 2008 will be known as the Chapter 180 “Boston Tea Party 2008”. Our forefathers dumped tea into Boston Harbor to protest unfair taxes. So too will you be protesting the unfair treatment we all receive as lawful gun owners.

GOAL recommends that our members plan accordingly so letters arrive at the State House on July 23, 2008. As a reminder, your letter may take some additional postage and time to get to its destination. On July 23, 2008 let’s all send the message that these laws need to dumped!

Click Here for PDF Format
http://www.goal.org/PDF/BostonTeaParty2008.pdf

Boston Tea Party 2008

Dear Legislator,

In 1773 a group of our forefathers - tired of unfair laws and

taxes - dumped a shipload of tea into Boston harbor in

what is now known as the Boston Tea Party. Today I, a

lawful citizen of the Commonwealth, am sending you this

tea bag as a symbol of my protest against the taxation of

my civil rights and the unfair laws that have resulted in the

persecution of lawful gun owners. July 23, 2008 is the ten

year anniversary of the passage of the “Worst in the

Nation” gun laws, during which lawful citizens have been

stripped of their civil rights and crime has risen out of

control creating a “Decade of Disaster”. I ask you to do

whatever is necessary to reform the state’s gun laws with

respect to the Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Signed, a lawful citizen:____________________________

I do not live in MA but wholeheartedly support this in both principle and objective.

It was a private merchant from some where northwest of Boston. I think that the ship was built in New Bedford.

Bill

There were three ships involved not one...the Beaver, the Eleanour, and the Dartmouth. The Dartmouth was built in Bedford Village which I guess is New Bedford.

A forth ship didn't make it on time, the William. The Beaver almost didnt make it due a a smallpox outbreak.

The ships were all American owned which is why only the tea (which belonged to the East India Co.) was destroyed. The ships were not damaged.

For some, I suspect it is less to do with making the lords and masters angry and more to do with keeping a low profile until the day comes when they have to stand up to the lords and masters using more then pencils and teabags.

It has been my experience that those that will not act now, while it is easy and legal, will NEVER act later.

Sorry, I call them as I see them.

I am figuring the day to mail it would be the 21st or 22nd depending on what part of MA you live in... others agree?

Damn... you beat me to it. I was going to remind all Massachusetts gun owners who still have a pair (be they testicles or ovaries) to send their representatives a little tea. Here's what MY senator is getting (and I'd send it to my rep, too, except he's resigned!):

Boston Tea Party 2008

Dear Senator Resor,

In 1773 a group of our forefathers - tired of unfair laws and taxes - dumped a shipload of tea into Boston harbor in what is now known as the Boston Tea Party. Today I, a lawful citizen of the Commonwealth, am sending you this tea bag as a symbol of my protest against the taxation of my civil rights and the unfair laws that have resulted in the persecution of lawful gun owners. July 23, 2008 is the ten year anniversary of the passage of the "Worst in the Nation" gun laws, during which lawful citizens have been stripped of their civil rights and crime has risen out of control creating a "Decade of Disaster".

Governor Deval “Spend it all” Patrick has recently proposed to DOUBLE the fees that the state is charging to exercise our “right” to own guns – TWO HUNDRED dollars for each renewal. This is a truly offensive action, as a “right” that you are charged to exercise is not a right any more, but a privilege granted by the State – and the Supreme Court of the United States was excruciatingly clear on the point last month: the Second Amendment guarantees an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT. Deval Patrick should try reading his newspapers once in a while.

I ask you to do whatever is necessary to reform the state's gun laws with respect to the Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Sincerely,

Your law-abiding constituent,

Dwarven1

Is this intended for the governor, and U.S. reps and sens as well?

If not, maybe it could/should be a nation-wide thing. Maybe GOAL needs to call Virginia...

Back
Top Bottom