Chapter 180 "Boston Tea Party 2008"

Unless I'm mistaken, you're a US citizen the moment you're born on US soil regardless of the citizenship of your parents. We call them Anchor Babies. [wink]
This is true. I don't know where the poster was born, therefore I worded it the way I did. [wink]
Let's get some tea to send and see what's brewing at the State House.
Best Regards.

Um... why don't we all simply get together on the 23rd and just simply dump a CRAPLOAD of tea into the Harbor? [smile]

This is true. I don't know where the poster was born, therefore I worded it the way I did. [wink]
Let's get some tea to send and see what's brewing at the State House.
Best Regards.
Yep. I got to thinking a few minutes ago that a child born outside the US, but to US parents, would also be a US citizen (unless the country was like the US and didn't allow dual-citizenship). This could get confusing.

Well, back to the tea party.

You're kidding, right? Just send the damn thing - only a paranoid gunny in this state could construe a lawful protest - sending a perfectly legal item - into a SWAT lockdown. (given how we've been abused over the years).

Well, too f***ing bad. If some idiot mail clerk gets upset about a little Earl Grey, tough. My teabags will be awaiting July 21 when I'll put them in the mail. Grow a pair and send yours in, too.

Can I get an Amen Brother! +1!!!!!!

Um... why don't we all simply get together on the 23rd and just simply dump a CRAPLOAD of tea into the Harbor? [smile]

Illegal dumping and water pollution - the MADEP would arrest the lot of us. [smile]

I'm in for mailing the tea bag though.

This is awesome. Especially because I have a ton of old tea bags that are probably stale now anyway.

I think this a great idea and makes a point.

You're kidding, right? Just send the damn thing - only a paranoid gunny in this state could construe a lawful protest - sending a perfectly legal item - into a SWAT lockdown. (given how we've been abused over the years).

Well, too f***ing bad. If some idiot mail clerk gets upset about a little Earl Grey, tough. My teabags will be awaiting July 21 when I'll put them in the mail. Grow a pair and send yours in, too.

Sorry you feel that way. You don't know me from a hole in the ground, what my history of service is, or from what level of expertice I speak. I have a set, they're stainless steel. It's a shame we in the gun community don't use our brains to think as readily as our dicks. I'd be happy to provide a contact when HLS come knocking at your door. It's obvious to me that you have no idea of the workings of the anti terror groups in the US post 9/11. I do - it's part of what I do, so I have to take what i know they do in such situations into account - hence my post. So, rather than make judgements about my "set", try thinking in terms of how the other side will think and react to use your actions against you. Nothing personal - just a reality jolt. THEY are paranoid, not me. THEY are looking for any politcal angle they can use against us...a teabag "scare" would be a gift from above for the anti's

Respectfully

Dr. Steve

Umm...it hasn't even been 18 months since the Aqua Teen Hunger Force "bomb scare". While it's a good idea for a protest, and giving people a small history lesson at the same time, I see two possibilities from this state. First, they spin it, saying we sent bags of "mysterious green herb" making it sound like we sent them weed. Or, second, they reed too far into it and make it sound like we are trying to start a new American Revolution.

Either way, good plan, bad state to implement it. By the way count me in.[smile]

Sorry you feel that way. You don't know me from a hole in the ground, what my history of service is, or from what level of expertice I speak. I have a set, they're stainless steel. It's a shame we in the gun community don't use our brains to think as readily as our dicks. I'd be happy to provide a contact when HLS come knocking at your door. It's obvious to me that you have no idea of the workings of the anti terror groups in the US post 9/11. I do - it's part of what I do, so I have to take what i know they do in such situations into account - hence my post. So, rather than make judgements about my "set", try thinking in terms of how the other side will think and react to use your actions against you. Nothing personal - just a reality jolt. THEY are paranoid, not me. THEY are looking for any politcal angle they can use against us...a teabag "scare" would be a gift from above for the anti's

Respectfully

Dr. Steve
Dr. Steve, you are correct; I do not know you. I have, however, gotten extremely tired of how timid the gun owners are on this board. (Note: folks, if you think I'm talking about you, check what you've posted - you'll know who you are.)

If HLS comes knocking on my door, they're going to look damn foolish when the news breaks that I got arrested for sending a TEABAG to my rep and senator (both of who are resigning this term and aren't, AFAIK, even bothering to show up any more. [rolleyes]). I'm curious to know, though... Are they going to just look at the return address and immediately issue an arrest warrant, are they going to sent the guys in black balaclavas and jack boots, or are they going to bother to ANALYZE THE FREAKING THING FIRST before sounding the beat to quarters? This is a serious question, BTW, since you are familiar with the procedures.

If the first or second, then it's long past time that we did this - we're living in a police state and just didn't notice it.

Ross

First, they spin it, saying we sent bags of "mysterious green herb" making it sound like we sent them weed. Or, second, they reed too far into it and make it sound like we are trying to start a new American Revolution.

Either way, good plan, bad state to implement it. By the way count me in.[smile]

"Mysterious green herb" with a LIPTON TAG on it??? How stupid ARE the people opening mail, anyway?

If the latter... GOOD. Maybe they'll LISTEN this time.

Glad you're on board. Send 'em something fruity like "cherry-sherry-berry"; they'll probably put in their coffee cups.

"Mysterious green herb" with a LIPTON TAG on it??? How stupid ARE the people opening mail, anyway?

I don't know what state you're in, but we're talking about Massachusetts here, right?

A very amusing idea, but Steve is right about the possibility for overreaction. The entire city shut down for a lite-brite stuck to a bridge (even New York wasn't that stupid), and while it made the entire state government (not to mention FBI, DHS, and USCG) look like idiots to anyone under the age of 30, the folks responsible were still arrested. Even if you aren't convicted, it's very likely that your police chief will either pull your license or deny your next renewal.

On the other hand, if you do go through with it, you could consider using tea that is packaged with the teabag enclosed in a sealed outer pouch. Even a complete moonbat is unlikely to suspect that al Qaeda has managed to infiltrate the Twinnings factory.

Dr. Steve, you are correct; I do not know you. I have, however, gotten extremely tired of how timid the gun owners are on this board. (Note: folks, if you think I'm talking about you, check what you've posted - you'll know who you are.)
If HLS comes knocking on my door, they're going to look damn foolish when the news breaks that I got arrested for sending a TEABAG to my rep and senator (both of who are resigning this term and aren't, AFAIK, even bothering to show up any more. [rolleyes]). I'm curious to know, though... Are they going to just look at the return address and immediately issue an arrest warrant, are they going to sent the guys in black balaclavas and jack boots, or are they going to bother to ANALYZE THE FREAKING THING FIRST before sounding the beat to quarters? This is a serious question, BTW, since you are familiar with the procedures.

If the first or second, then it's long past time that we did this - we're living in a police state and just didn't notice it.

Ross

There's a "No Shit" statement if there ever was one!.........I'll send them a whole case of teabags and a f*** You letter with it.

A very amusing idea, but Steve is right about the possibility for overreaction. The entire city shut down for a lite-brite stuck to a bridge (even New York wasn't that stupid), and while it made the entire state government (not to mention FBI, DHS, and USCG) look like idiots to anyone under the age of 30, the folks responsible were still arrested. Even if you aren't convicted, it's very likely that your police chief will either pull your license or deny your next renewal.

On the other hand, if you do go through with it, you could consider using tea that is packaged with the teabag enclosed in a sealed outer pouch. Even a complete moonbat is unlikely to suspect that al Qaeda has managed to infiltrate the Twinnings factory.

Thank you USCG for your comments

The thing is publicized by GOAL, I really don't see the issue? They know it's coming, they know what it is. IMO not the same as a the mooninite-bat litebrights.

If you don't do it, you've proven to the Anti-Gun crowd that you lack the spine to do what needs doing.

The lawsuit idea mentioned is the way it will really get fixed, but this sends an effective message.

If they freak out and call SWAT in, just how long can they keep the fact that it's just harmless teabags quiet?

Who is going to look like the fool here?

The idiots that over reacted and called SWAT, that's who. Even the most flaming Liberal you've ever met will laugh at the State for that reaction, even if they disagree with our views on the laws.

You folks never thought of that, did you?

Now go grow a pair, and get those teabags sent.

you know, because GOAL put this out there and they know it's coming this could backfire in a really bad way.

So lets assume they do know about it and are expecting it. What if they only get 1,500 or so letters with teabags in them? Could they turn it and say that because gun owners had the opportunity to show their support for the GOAL initiatives and chose not to by not participating in this teabag protest and having such a weak response that gun owners agree with their policies?

You know how politicians are....they will twist anything to make them look like the hero....

Sesame Street Court:

Judge: "You are charged with 10 counts of inciting acts of terrorism. How do you plea?"
You: "But it was only tea!."
Judge: "The court will record that T is for terrorism!"
You: "No! Not terrorism; TEA! T-E-A. You drink it."
Judge: "Terrorism Extremist Activist?"
You: "NO Just Tea! Tea is for you and I!"

Sesame Street Court:

Judge: "You are charged with 10 counts of inciting acts of terrorism. How do you plea?"
You: "But it was only tea!."
Judge: "The court will record that T is for terrorism!"
You: "No! Not terrorism; TEA! T-E-A. You drink it."
Judge: "Terrorism Extremist Activist?"
You: "NO Just Tea! Tea is for you and I!"

When you say "Sesame Street" you are using that as a synonym for Massachusetts right.....

you know, because GOAL put this out there and they know it's coming this could backfire in a really bad way.

So lets assume they do know about it and are expecting it. What if they only get 1,500 or so letters with teabags in them? Could they turn it and say that because gun owners had the opportunity to show their support for the GOAL initiatives and chose not to by not participating in this teabag protest and having such a weak response that gun owners agree with their policies?

You know how politicians are....they will twist anything to make them look like the hero....

Amen to that...they'll twist it however it suits them best...they always do, and the media will lap it up and twist it some more.

There's a "No Shit" statement if there ever was one!.........I'll send them a whole case of teabags and a f*** You letter with it.
I was waiting for it, but haven't seen it yet, so: Careful, if it was manufactured post-1994, that's a high capacity box-type teabag feeding device! [smile]

Dwarven1 said:
how timid the gun owners are
I agree, but it's not just on this board...which leads me to
coastie2010 said:
On the other hand, if you do go through with it, you could consider using tea that is packaged with the teabag enclosed in a sealed outer pouch.
this ^^^. Creative, simple, and effective - and still sends the message while reducing the risk to the sender. Good idea.

Amen to that...they'll twist it however it suits them best...they always do, and the media will lap it up and twist it some more.

Steve: You and I disagree on this. Send the tea and your voice is heard. They think about it. They worry about what the Glob will say. But you are heard. Do nothing and they can go blissfully along thinking that they are making all their constituents happy and statis quo.

We should send tea bags to the Glob, too. Our state reps and senators appear to care more about what is printed in the Glob than what their constituents think. I can't seem to find the thread where this was brought out in an interview, but that is my recollection.

Regards,

Bob

Back
Top Bottom