Check out this eBay Auction....

http://tinyurl.com/dkm2a

This is pretty cool. I wish that the local police stations would have some sort of local swap meets with the things that they get.

I'm sure that it would make some money for the towns. I know that I would go to them.

Maybe some of the local LEOs can see if this can be done.

Any one want to go in on this with me? I'll put up the bidding and then we can split up what we want and put the rest on the classifieds. :D

Plymouth does an auction every year. Surplus equipment and unclaimed property. I have a feeling that anything remotely connected to guns doesn't get sold but I could be wrong.

Up here there would be a tremendous stink in the media if they sold even holsters or ammo carriers! They'd be accused of putting baby-killers back on the street in the hands of drug dealers, ad nauseum!

Jon's right, they'd probably destroy anything even remotely connected with guns here.

C-pher, a couple of issues with this auction:

- No shipping, no checks, must show ID. Means you need to go there to pay and pick up. Not practical to go to TX for this stuff.

- Everything in these pictures is garden-variety cheap stuff. Not one good holster that is suitable to carry a gun (you need to be able to reholster one-handed . . . that's the reason why there are $10 holsters and $80 holsters)!

Len, when I looked at that, they said that some of it wasn't going to be shipped. But I think that it was thier generic auction spheel. I mean, they had Guitars and swords and the like.

But I think that they were going to ship the gun supplies. And they did have some nice cases, and that's what I was looking at...

And Jon, you have to let me know when they have that. I would like to check it out, even if it's just for checking it out.

Back in the day, the Tucson Police Dept. used to auction off firearms that were recovered and unclaimed. They sold other items as well. They used to have a big annual bicycle auction as well.

I think a lot of Police Department nation-wide hold auctions, but sadly as other posters have stated so well: in today's political climate anything remotely connected to firearms is more than likely verboten. Oh, there might be a few places in the south and in the west, but even that is unlikely, I think.

Mark

C-pher, read the Q&A down at the end of that auction. It's specific to a bidder's query on this particular auction. They say that they are not equipped to ship, so you're back to go visit, pay, pack and ship.

C-pher said:
Len, when I looked at that, they said that some of it wasn't going to be shipped. But I think that it was thier generic auction spheel. I mean, they had Guitars and swords and the like.

But I think that they were going to ship the gun supplies. And they did have some nice cases, and that's what I was looking at...

And Jon, you have to let me know when they have that. I would like to check it out, even if it's just for checking it out.
Will do. I'll try and find out what time of year they hold the auction. I know the MIS SGT just stored a bunch of desktop workstations (minus the HD's) for auction and there is usually a ton of bicycles.
All the firearms are sent out for DESTRUCTION. Probably to UN specifications
mad.gif

Police Items

We held an auction at my department everytime the evidence and property room started to overflow. The problem was the case had to be closed and that could take years. No firearms could be auctioned by law. But firearm's items such as cases would be auctioned. Down side was we never really took in anything of great interest that could be auctioned as far as firearm's was concerned.

Any ammo was saved for our use at the range. [shock]

Speaking off..

I was talking to someone once that said that they bought a lot of guns years ago from the Rockland Police Department.

I guess that at one point, they would sell them for money for hte department.

I don't understand why that would be illegal of the buyer had the proper license.

C-pher said:
Speaking off..

I was talking to someone once that said that they bought a lot of guns years ago from the Rockland Police Department.

I guess that at one point, they would sell them for money for the department.

I don't understand why that would be illegal of the buyer had the proper license.

It is NOT illegal for a LTC holder to buy handguns from the PDs confiscated guns. I do believe that in the past 20 years or so a CMR (regulation) or MGL (law) was put into effect that mandated that PDs dispose of all guns via the "MSP for destruction" route. It was politically motivated . . . blaming the guns for all crimes, thus we must destroy guns to destroy crime.

NJ Sales - PD

NJ bars the sale of confiscated firearms to anyone, including dealers. We were forced to turn them into the NJ State PD for destruction. The only other route was if we felt they could be used by the department. They could never be transfered to a private party or dealer. I kept whatever was worth anything in 0ur armory. The rest were garbage and turned in. [shock]

LenS said:
C-pher, read the Q&A down at the end of that auction. It's specific to a bidder's query on this particular auction. They say that they are not equipped to ship, so you're back to go visit, pay, pack and ship.

Basically, the only auction that they're running that isn't specified for pickup only is for a Sony PS2.

LenS said:

Basically, the only auction that they're running that isn't specified for pickup only is for a Sony PS2.

LenS said:

Back
Top Bottom