class 3 as an investment

I hope that everyone who has "invested" in Title 2 firearms loses their shorts.

Not because I wish ill to them, but because I hope those restricted items become no more rare than any other "firearm" (as defined in federal law).

Not that it would change much for folks in MA having to deal with state law, but the prices would go down for all legal enthusiasts. Especially for things that aren't really "firearms", but are defined as such, like silencers (yes, that is the word used in the law).

I hope that everyone who has "invested" in Title 2 firearms loses their shorts.

Not because I wish ill to them, but because I hope those restricted items become no more rare than any other "firearm" (as defined in federal law).

Not that it would change much for folks in MA having to deal with state law, but the prices would go down for all legal enthusiasts. Especially for things that aren't really "firearms", but are defined as such, like silencers (yes, that is the word used in the law).

Some won't.

Vintage stuff probably would stay high but might go down in price alittle . If company's started making true clones the prices would drop more . but I see true ww2 bring backs that havnt been rewelded and bubba staying high.

But some thing like a m16 would lose so much of its value . Since a company could strt pumping them out with a few lines of code added .

Dias would become stupid cheap since there's not much to them and manufacturing is pretty damn quick and easy.
Looking at the ones I've seen I could make one in 15 mins on manual mill.

Forget about the 01. Get the 07. It opens more doors and you will still have all the dealer privileges. After you have the FFL you can pay the SOT. You don't need to "apply", you just buy it for $500 per year, July to July. You will be meeting with an ATF investigator at your place of business. The investigators, ones that i've had contact with, Lisa, Christine and Thierry, out of the Boston office are very professional, thorough and helpful. If you have your ducks in a row, you will be OK. Good luck. Just do it! Jack.
I really need to look into the 07 FFL, how much is the total annual cost for 07+SOT?

Well, SOT is $500 per year. Renewal for the 07 is $150 for three years. Can't remember what the first one is. (Can't remember lots of things). In NH you can have whatever you want anyway and only need the license and SOT if you want to deal in the NFA stuff. Live free or die. Jack.

Don't you need to pay some ITAR annual fee too with the 07/SOT?

Depends how big you are .
You don't have to get the sot to make nfa stuff just saves on tax stamps.
Sot is yearly , FFl few in every 3 or 5 I forget .

There's plenty of small FFl 07 that don't need to pay itar. Also if your selling products to customers and going to pay itar there's different amounts you'd pay depending on how much you made that year etc .

Some get a ffl07 and just sell designs to big company's to produce and sell. Allows them to build some thing fa auto , work out the bugs etc . Vs trying to do some thing only in soild works and selling that idea. Just cause it works/functions in sw doesn't mean when you build it , it will work. Also when you go from sw to making something you'll find manufacturing problems .
Dealing with first time builds at my work I see this first hand . At times before I even start making a new part I can point out manufacturing problems. So for some thing like a mg or fa. Some people get the FFl so they can build it first vs trying to sell a idea .

I forget who makes the .338 lupa gun that's like a ar10 on roids. I've talked to the guy who designed it a few times on another site . He doesn't sell weapons to people just the designs to company's . Doesn't need to pay itar on what he earns per rifke sold by the company who bought his idea.

I've been looking in to and working on getting a FFl07 for the last year . I'm at the point of getting my personal work shop rezoned vs trying to pay rent waiting for the FFl etc :( .
Heck I'd give my left nut to get a 10x10 room in jacks building .

Last edited:
You won't find a website with that info because very few would recommend it as an investment. Buy machineguns because you like machineguns, not because you plan on making money off them as an investment. Sure if everything stays exactly as it has been the last decade or so, you might make some money down the road when you sell your toys, but there are so many variables I wouldn't an MG solely as an investment...
THIS x 1,000,000 ^^^^^^^^^^

Back
Top Bottom