Cleaning & Etc.....How often?

Ok ..i have my own schedule ..BUT i want to compare here..

So , How often do you clean and or Lube your daily carry pistol? How about rotating out a magazine?

Some say that you should NEVER leave a magazine loaded for to long due to spring break down!

Some say that you should NEVER leave a magazine loaded for to long due to spring break down!

From what I understand, a loaded magazine does not cause any significant wear on the spring. What wears the spring is loading and unloading. I have heard of stories where people have found magazines that have been loaded for decades and they did not encounter any problems will spring deterioration.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

My daily carry pistol gets a basic de-linting, wipe down, and relube (if needed) weekly. This process usually only takes all of 2-3 minutes.

If I have fired my daily carry piece, it gets cleaned and lubed when I get back from the range.

From what I understand, a loaded magazine does not cause any significant wear on the spring. What wears the spring is loading and unloading. I have heard of stories where people have found magazines that have been loaded for decades and they did not encounter any problems will spring deterioration.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You are not wrong.

My daily carry pistol gets a basic de-linting, wipe down, and relube (if needed) weekly. This process usually only takes all of 2-3 minutes.

If I have fired my daily carry piece, it gets cleaned and lubed when I get back from the range.

Same here.

Everytime I shoot my carry gun, it gets cleaned. If I don't shoot it for a while, then I'll make sure it's clean every week or so.

I fire weekly, clean about every other or third time. The Hydra-Shoks get shot out every 6 months and replaced with new. That is the only time the springs get cycled. I have 3 other mags for practice. This is a Sig 239

Clean it everytime I shoot it. It's a Glock, and is low maintenance as a result, so I clean it if it's not used, but only once a month.

Not trying to go off topic but... What about ammo? I have my carry piece loaded with hydrashocks, and I always load the same ones everyday. How long does ammo stay good for? And should I ,every so often, use them and replace with new? Sorry if this question is ridiculus, but still learning as I go.

Thanks,
Anthony

Back
Top Bottom