Clipperton DXpedition on now. TX5S...tonight they're on 28.485 Mhz.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Trying to work these guys. I sure wish my amp did 10 meters...100 watts into a wet noodle OCFD isn't cutting it...plus it's a shit show as far as lids go. He's working split and so many idiots are still calling on his primary freq....even after he says "Listening up" over and over.. [banghead]

When they QSY to another band, I'll turn the amp on and I may stand a better chance of getting these guys.

I don't hear anything. 10m is dead here. I assume 5k up? 28.490
They're on 28.485 and running 5/9ish here...They may be far enough from you where you can't hear them...they've been hearing/working mostly 6/7/8/9 and a few 0 stations as well as quite a few Japanese stations. I kinda wish they'd run the numbers...right now they're listening 5-15 up.

EDIT: 18:42...they're at about S5 now...slowly going away. I'll be checking the cluster on 20 tomorrow.

Last edited:
This afternoon at about 1pm I heard them on 17 meters. Excellent op and 589 sigs. Big EU pileup but they were working Americans also. I picked a spot about 5 kHz up and worked them first call!

About 15 minutes later I heard them on 15 meters and called for about 20 minutes -- nada.

All CW.

TX5S is very strong on 18069 17M CW. Listening up 5. 15:00 UTC 1/22/24
See picture...pretty good pileup going. He's working many New England stations.

Attachments

• TX5S.jpg
    TX5S.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Just worked them on 10 meters with 100 watts and an OCFD with about an 1/4" coating of ice (we're in the middle of an ice storm...great day to play ham radio). 10 meters is banging in right now...they are 20 over here. Up 5 to 10. They are on 15 too but not nearly as strong. I'd like to maybe work them on 20 and 40. I have QRO on those bands.

Split frequency Logging/QSL question...I've been a ham for almost 40 years o_O but not much of a QSL'er. I want to send a card to the QSL manager of TX5S. When I fill out the freq worked, do I write in my TX freq or his TX freq? When I log a contact in my paper log (Yep, I still prefer paper logs) I write both freqs, TX/RX, in there.

Should be an obvious answer but I can't seem to locate anything definitive.

Split frequency Logging/QSL question...I've been a ham for almost 40 years o_O but not much of a QSL'er. I want to send a card to the QSL manager of TX5S. When I fill out the freq worked, do I write in my TX freq or his TX freq? When I log a contact in my paper log (Yep, I still prefer paper logs) I write both freqs, TX/RX, in there.

Should be an obvious answer but I can't seem to locate anything definitive.
Just send the band and mode (ie., 10M SSB, 20M CW, etc.). Don't overthink it.

The QSL info is on clublog.com
If you want a card right away it will require a donation. You can also check to see if you are in the log. Contacts are uploaded almost instantly.
Clublog.com is a no-go...I went to that URL and it is for sale.

Back
Top Bottom