Clubs on Long Island, NY

Hello Folks,

I am new to shooting pistols and I wanted to know of any gun clubs on Long Island.
I know of a few places to shoot but cannot find clubs.
Any advises would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks[grin]

Hello Folks,

I am new to shooting pistols and I wanted to know of any gun clubs on Long Island.
I know of a few places to shoot but cannot find clubs.
Any advises would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks[grin]

They don't have clubs in NY per se. Let me preface this by saying I haven't been shooting on LI in 15 years. There is Firemans memorial out by the old grumman plant near riverhead. There is also private range that the name escapes me as I have not been there in 15 years right off the LIE south of shoreham. Either East Manor rd or weeks or wading river rd. Those are the ones I knew of as I lived out there. Where on LI are you?

Yes, Calverton is right off the LIE and Ridge is right off middle country rd (rt25) I live in Middle Island just down the street from Ridge range but both places do not have a sort of pistol club. Which is what I am looking for. Thanks to Rob boudrie's reply earlier, I found this club, LIPSA. I have contacted them for more info. (www.lipsa.us) My personal thoughts on these two ranges are as follows, should anyone care. Calverton is a death trap; they do not have any safety officers and or any real rules that are enforced. It is a enter at your own risk kind of range. People would say the only plus to shooting there is price, dirt cheat. Ridge on the other hand is great; they have a multiple of safety officers on hand, clean range areas, low cost shooting, small supply store and even ample parking. Thank you guys for your replys.

Yes, Calverton is right off the LIE and Ridge is right off middle country rd (rt25) I live in Middle Island just down the street from Ridge range but both places do not have a sort of pistol club. Which is what I am looking for. Thanks to Rob boudrie's reply earlier, I found this club, LIPSA. I have contacted them for more info. (www.lipsa.us) My personal thoughts on these two ranges are as follows, should anyone care. Calverton is a death trap; they do not have any safety officers and or any real rules that are enforced. It is a enter at your own risk kind of range. People would say the only plus to shooting there is price, dirt cheat. Ridge on the other hand is great; they have a multiple of safety officers on hand, clean range areas, low cost shooting, small supply store and even ample parking. Thank you guys for your replys.

I went to Longwood and grew up in Middle Island. I spent my youth in a lot of those areas.

LIPSA is self service for members, but the people I know down there are very safety conscious and have no tolerance for people who don't share that trait.

I grew up on LI and was surprised by the club culture in MA. Different way of providing shooting space.

I grew up on LI and was surprised by the club culture in MA. Different way of providing shooting space.

I bet it was a result of laws that created this difference. There are laws protecting clubs from noise ordinances and shooting ranges are licensed here in the PRM.

I bet it was a result of laws that created this difference. There are laws protecting clubs from noise ordinances and shooting ranges are licensed here in the PRM.

I figured it was laws or that pay per shoot ranges weren't financially viable- of course that is often the result of laws.

Back
Top Bottom