Company Displays Controversial Message

(Apologize if already posted)

Owner Says He Supports Military With 'You Will Be Shot' Sign

POSTED: Monday, April 26, 2010
UPDATED: 7:47 am EDT April 27, 2010
Message On Van
APOPKA, Fla. -- A company that sells high-powered weapons is displaying a controversial message on its vehicles, creating a buzz in Central Florida.

VIDEO: Company's Vehicles Display Message

23275109_240X135.jpg

The message, displayed in large white letters on the windows of vehicles owned by Spikes Tactical, reads: "Stay 100 meters back, or you will be shot." Beneath it is the same message transcribed in Arabic.

"I think it's appalling. Why would you put that on the back of your car?" said Jessica Thomas, an Orlando-area motorist.

Others said the company is expressing its First Amendment right, including the owner, who refused to go on camera with Local 6 News. He said his message is misunderstood.

He said he got the idea from the U.S. military, which posts the same signs on the back of its Humvees while fighting in the Middle East.

The owner is asking drivers not to take the message so literally, saying it's his way of supporting the troops overseas.

But some drivers said they think, regardless of the intentions of the message, it goes too far.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office told Local 6 News that the company is not breaking the law by displaying the message.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23272672/detail.html#

SHIRTS_Danger%20B_LRG.jpg

Last edited:
Last year when I lived in Apopka, FL, I saw one of their hummers driving around with that sticker on the back. The whole side of the vehicle was a gigantic Spike's Logo. It looked pretty good and I thought the sticker was a nice touch. If you read the logo on the side, you should probably understand that it's a gun shop.

In for a large!

And in for a window sticker. Unlike some here, I am not afraid of liberal bedwetters or thieves.

Good for them!! I have a barn on my property which house our toys etc. Right on the front I have a steel sign "Trespassers Will Be Shot Survivors Will Be Shot Again! " We have had two trucks vandalized but since the sign went up, nothing!! Some of the local yuppies complained but were told it is perfectly legal!! Guess some scumbags can read afterall!!

IN!!

Poll on how long it takes the pants wetters to make him take it off under threat of something?

I don't see them taking it off any time soon........Check out their T-Shirt selection - Some very controversial designs........ "Waterboarding Instructor"! HAHA!!!
Great people and products, too!

Back
Top Bottom