Competition gun running pretty reliably, time to eff with it some more

Reliability is boring, you gotta spice it up. Don't even function check it, just go to the match and let 'er rip. Will it work? Will it go click? Will it run away in full auto? The anticipation is going to make you hard as a rock when you hear "load and make ready".

That is the benefit of sucking. Performance is not adversely affected.
Big Brother Podcast GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Got a match on Saturday? Why not install a new trigger system that is widely reportedly as finicky?

Just ordered a Timney Alpha trigger for my G34 and a Johnny Glock Vex trigger shoe.
I have not had a single problem with mine since I took it out of my gun and put it back in the package…
It’s been over a year now with no trouble at all.

This reminds me of a friend who has the mechanical aptitude of a chicken.
I love this line!

No, no. My junk will be good, probably the day after my match. I am not terribly concerned. The trigger is coming tomorrow. I will install it, likely with a minus connector (have one laying around, think I have a TTI in the gun now). The Vex shoe doesn't have an ETA yet, but was received by USPS in FL. If that makes it in on time that would be great, but no worries either way. If I completely bugger it, I will just run my stock G17.

Reliability is boring, you gotta spice it up. Don't even function check it, just go to the match and let 'er rip. Will it work? Will it go click? Will it run away in full auto? The anticipation is going to make you hard as a rock when you hear "load and make ready".
My favorite part of match shooting is slamming a fresh 17 round mag into my full size pinching the skin on my palm, and then pulling the trigger and watching the mag drop out the bottom because it didn't seat cuz my now bloody palm skin was in the way.

Makes me laugh every time.

My favorite part of match shooting is slamming a fresh 17 round mag into my full size pinching the skin on my palm, and then pulling the trigger and watching the mag drop out the bottom because it didn't seat cuz my now bloody palm skin was in the way.

What kind of monster ass hands do you have? I've seen that with G19s, compact Sigs and M&Ps but never with a full size.

Earlier this year I switched to a new Glock, new flashlight, and new technique for holding the flashlight - basically a long the left side of the frame with a standard grip over it. Dry fired a bunch, really liked it. Then I went to a match and quickly realized that the flashlight was now pushing directly on the mag release button [rofl]

Then I went to a match and quickly realized that the flashlight was now pushing directly on the mag release button [rofl]
Thanks for the warning. I have an old Surefire 6P that has the grip designed to be held between your index finger and your middle finger on your support hand. Had it for nearly 30 years, never really used it. Saturday has a low light stage.

The bad news is this trigger is not working presently. The sear is not releasing the striker even with the overtravel screw backed out completely. It just isn’t dropping enough, and seems to be at its drop limit. Tried two different strikers and two different connectors. Can’t even trip it manually with an inspection cover on. I’ve taken this gun apart more in one day than the total number of times previously since I had it.

The good news is I didn’t install this until I got home from the match.

Problem solved. The seer housing wasn’t fully seated and was sitting proud in the ejector housing. Will shoot it tomorrow.

Assembly tip: tighten sear housing screw after installing the c clip. Then loosen it a bit, then tighten some more, rinse and repeat until the top of the sear housing is flush with the ejector housing.

I swear to God, some people are habitual " self-handicappers". That's a person who continually F's with their gun,trying to gain an edge. Then when their terrible trigger control flinch's a 7, they can say "Oh, it's that new trigger spring I put in there. It went off when I want expecting it.".

It helps if you learn how to properly hold a gun

glock-pink-glock.gif

Back
Top Bottom