• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Confirmed shooting at Holyoke Mall

HorizontalHunter

NES Member

Confirmed shooting at Holyoke Mall​

Holyoke Police Department confirmed an active shooting at Holyoke Mall.

Holyoke Police Department confirmed an active shooting at Holyoke Mall.(FOX 32 Chicago / YouTube | Pixabay)
By Abigail Murillo Villacorta
Published: Jan. 28, 2023 at 7:35 PM EST|Updated: 9 minutes ago

HOLYOKE, MA. (WGGB/WSHM) - Holyoke Police Department confirmed a shooting at Holyoke Mall on Friday evening.
There are two parties in custody at this time.
Western Mass News will report with more details as soon as they arrive.

Confirmed shooting at Holyoke Mall

I remember seeing the WHO movie The Kids Are Alright in the basement movie theater when it came out. I've worked in that mall too. I don't miss working there.

You ever notice how people don't run in any specific direction? They have no idea what to do. Zero situational awareness.

I enter an area, I check for exits, cover and concealment. The people there, who are possible threats. I don't get how people can go through life without a clue about what is happening around them. Prime example, head in phone.

That first video posted here. There had to be something leading up to that. That attacker didn't understand the situation for sure

It’s a good thing they didn’t target the Natick Mall. They have dogs to sniff out guns don’t you know.

Hah, I have 2 bottles of bacon scented liberal tears over here. I wonder what the dogs would think? "Is that a gun or a snausage?" In any case there's nothing quite like a big whiff of bacon when the safe is cracked open. [rofl]

Edit: this is the manchester shooting, my mistake. Video of the shooting is here:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/newhampshire/comments/10nnyh9/original_vid_from_the_shooting_last_night/

Yikes, that reddit link provided the exact horror I was expecting from the general public that thinks everyone that carries is Wyatt Earp looking for the next opportunity to shoot someone.

These are NOT my quotes or statements, from the link:

I also carried for 15 years. It made me overly paranoid and unnecessarily anxious in public places.
The chances of you saving your life with that firearm are smaller than the risk that you'll eventually use it on yourself.

The irony in it all is that being armed makes you far more likely to die in a robbery then someone who never bothered with self defense.

Two examples of buffoonery that permeates in the non-firearm community. Carrying a firearm gives me a chance that I am able to make, rather than depending on someone else's charity to not assault or shoot. Seems that most people forget that you can do everything correctly and sometimes you still don't come out on top, but at least you have a chance.

It always seems to be about the guy that that defends himself. I don't know the whole story, but the original aggressor bears most of the blame here. Should he have shot, probably not, but original aggressor chose the path that directly led to them being shot. He could have walked away and it never would have happened. Always gets turned into gun owner should have walked away.

Last edited:
"The Hampden District Attorney’s office said there is currently no threat to the public."

f*** these people. Every single time this is uttered. f*** them.

So was there a threat to public safety before these idiots starter shooting or just the same threat now as before the shooting with the fact you are in Holyoke being enough of a heads up. …I mean it’s Holyoke Mall, that is all that needed to indicate a threat.

I liked the arcades games in the Holyoke Mall in the 80's. Good memories...

It was fun buying the Parachute Men 3 for $1 at Kay Bee Toys and then throwing off the 3rd floor into the food court below.
There was a fountain system below with tables around a water system way back when. I heard the parachutes clogged drains along with other debris and the mall removed the system in the early 90's.

A couple people committed suicide there by jumping off the 3rd floor into the food court.
Have been to the Mall once since I moved out of Holyoke 1997. It has only gotten worse.

Growing up in Holyoke was the reason I started buying firearms.

Yikes, that reddit link provided the exact horror I was expecting from the general public that thinks everyone that carries is Wyatt Earp looking for the next opportunity to shoot someone.

These are NOT my quotes or statements, from the link:

I also carried for 15 years. It made me overly paranoid and unnecessarily anxious in public places.
The chances of you saving your life with that firearm are smaller than the risk that you'll eventually use it on yourself.

The irony in it all is that being armed makes you far more likely to die in a robbery then someone who never bothered with self defense.

Two examples of buffoonery that permeates in the non-firearm community. Carrying a firearm gives me a chance that I am able to make, rather than depending on someone else's charity to not assault or shoot. Seems that most people forget that you can do everything correctly and sometimes you still don't come out on top, but at least you have a chance.

It always seems to be about the guy that that defends himself. I don't know the whole story, but the original aggressor bears most of the blame here. Should he have shot, probably not, but original aggressor chose the path that directly led to them being shot. He could have walked away and it never would have happened. Always gets turned into gun owner should have walked away.
That quote is from a person. I am willing to bet. Never carried. Someone trying to sound important and self-righteous. Not realizing he is coming off as a moron..... Use it on yourself... Really?

Back
Top Bottom