Constitutional Carry in Maine (Becomes Effective 10/14/15)

Feel better now?

In my own more than 20 years of not anecdotal but real experience, the people who have the biggest problem with the MPs were always the 11Bs. I know because I was one for as long as I've been an MP. And the grunts that hated the MPs the worst? Those who had been detained by them because they were doing something wrong. And if you want to take it as "crowing" that I stated I'll be happy to be able to carry under LEOSA after 26 years of service on active duty, the reserves and National Guard as a private to staff sergeant and then as an officer, two deployments and thousands of rounds through an M9, then go right ahead. I'll crow all I want. I think I've earned it.

But I have thick skin and you can say whatever you want about the MPs. What concerns me more is that you seem to be opposed to giving MORE people freedom to concealed carry. So I assume that you don't think any 19 year old Soldiers in Maine should be able to carry, either, right (as allowed under the new law)? Or do you just think MPs who are 19 shouldn't be able to carry while the rest of the military can?

I always forget that on NES the statists come out of the woodwork when they have a pet peeve or issue.

And by the way, the number of "careers I've ruined over nothing" stands at zero. Because I, like most MPs, spend much more of my time driving on IED infested roads than I do acting as a LEO. Especially MPs in the Guard who only perform LEO duties when called upon by the governor and even then have very limited authority and no ability to ruin anyone's day, much less career or life.
you get my respect for your service. dont know if i can say this under Mark's rules because i never served, but i'll risk it[rofl]

lol, so you wore a uniform, so you can throw him under your bus. i have not worn a uniform so i cant call you on it, you are consistent, consistently with[/] a bug up your ass. tell us more how all mp are bad including the poster who just stated he will be happy to carry with his leosa rights before you attacked him with no due cause. just for the record again, i never served in the armed forces [laugh]

LEOSA RIGHTS a privilege granted by the.gov roan entitled class. I oppose LEOSA for the same reason I oppose a National Concealed Carry Lucense except LEOSA is real.

Let's get back to down Maine. Ct Patroit I want you to be my guest atGun Powder Pig. You said you would've free in August when you turned down my last invitation. Details will follow as info becomes available just to show you there no hard feelings just strong opinions.

LEOSA RIGHTS a privilege granted by the.gov roan entitled class. I oppose LEOSA for the same reason I oppose a National Concealed Carry Lucense except LEOSA is real.

Let's get back to down Maine. Ct Patroit I want you to be my guest atGun Powder Pig. You said you would've free in August when you turned down my last invitation. Details will follow as info becomes available just to show you there no hard feelings just strong opinions.
your hard on for me is spectacular. [rofl]

How did this thread about Constitutional Carry in Maine become a personal pissing match about MPs and LEOSA?

"I think they're all losers."
"No, I think you're a loser."
"No, you are!"

Real ****ing productive.

LOL... I was wondering the same thing. All I have is it is the the "internets, what you you expect" response. And I have no idea what an LEOSA is. Law Enforcement Officer San Antonio?

Anyone know the current waiting period for Maine Non-Res? It will still be required to carry in state parks and I plan to be there in September. Hoping to send that permit app in this coming week. Just received NH and send CT permit app in last week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a thread about 6 down from this one in which that very question is the topic.

There is a thread about 6 down from this one in which that very question is the topic.

Could you post the link or PM? I have searched a few times and suspect the answer might be buried in another post regarding Maine. Thank you!

I hadn't been following this closely enough - just learned today that along with Constitutional Carry becoming effective, hunting with suppressors is now legal! I'm closing on my house in two weeks, next step after that is my NFA trust and getting a tax stamp and a Silencerco Osprey for my 300BLK. Look out coyotes during night hunting season!

Also you need a permit to hunt with a suppressor. The application for one is on their website.

Do you know that switchblade/auto knives are now legal as well?

I saw that - I think it's good they got rid of that stupid law, but I'm unlikely to ever buy a nice one. Too much money for a decent auto knife - if I'm going to drop $300 on a Benchmade, I'd rather spend that on something for one of my guns or reloading. Still, if more states legalize them, maybe the prices will come down.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you need a permit to hunt with a suppressor. The application for one is on their website.

Thanks for the heads up - I'm still a little way out from owning a suppressor. Hopefully by the end of the next yote night season I'll have everything in place.

Back
Top Bottom