• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Covid Relief Check

What are you going to spend your $1400 Covid relief check on?

• Guns

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Ammunition

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Optics

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Reloading equipment/supplies

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other firearm accessories

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Worthless things like food or rent

Votes: 22 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cathouse01

NES Member
So most everyone is going to get another Covid relief check. I think we owe it to Joe and the Dems to spend it wisely.

Not getting a penny, again.
But not claiming either kid this year so they will be able to get the money - daughter is using it for private student loans. Son is holding it to see if they will actually forgive federal student loans.

If I did get the money it would have been wasted on paying down the mortgage.

To be honest, Mrs Cathouse is insisting (and I really am not resisting) on donating our $2800 to charity. We find it absurd that people in our position (retired with no debit and no extravagant expenses) qualify for 100% of the relief amount just because we don’t need to pull that much out of our taxable retirement savings each year (most of it is non-taxable and therefore doesn’t show up in our “adjusted gross income”).

To be honest, Mrs Cathouse is insisting (and I really am not resisting) on donating our $2800 to charity. We find it absurd that people in our position (retired with no debit and no extravagant expenses) qualify for 100% of the relief amount just because we don’t need to pull that much out of our taxable retirement savings each year (most of it is non-taxable and therefore doesn’t show up in our “adjusted gross income”).
👍

I'll be putting it the same place I put the other ones: towards student loans. I believe the majority of stimulus money has gone towards paying off debt, a great reason as to why these checks are very poor idea.

Not getting a penny, again.
But not claiming either kid this year so they will be able to get the money - daughter is using it for private student loans. Son is holding it to see if they will actually forgive federal student loans.

If I did get the money it would have been wasted on paying down the mortgage.

When the tax refund comes in, we are giving each kid $600 from last years round (we are getting it now - not a dime last year). Nothing on this round to split.

I saw an article that out of all the Kung-Flu spending (or should I say bills as gender studies in Afghanistan ain’t) they have done; they could have handed every man, woman and child >$18K

1) A new pair of sneakers... they cost a shitload and I haven't been able to afford them. I got custom orthotics a few years ago and have gone through about 6 pairs trying to find the correct fit but any real high quality sneakers like that cost 150$+ and I'm on SSDI.

2) Get my medical pot card. It costs roughly 250$ for the process and living on 1g a month leaves nothing for that .... they definately didn't create the medical pot process for people like myself actually on SSDI it's for all the other ppl with " anxiety or depression " who can afford it.

3) Most importantly I can afford to get my cat to a Vet and get her shots I couldnt afford ...and I'll put 400$ away for the day we all hate with pets ....shes atleast 15 and has been with me through all of it ...Not even being able to give her proper treatment when she needs it has been weighing heavy on me.

I hate Democrats and Govt but I'm very grateful.

1) A new pair of sneakers... they cost a shitload and I haven't been able to afford them. I got custom orthotics a few years ago and have gone through about 6 pairs trying to find the correct fit but any real high quality sneakers like that cost 150$+ and I'm on SSDI.

2) Get my medical pot card. It costs roughly 250$ for the process and living on 1g a month leaves nothing for that .... they definately didn't create the medical pot process for people like myself actually on SSDI it's for all the other ppl with " anxiety or depression " who can afford it.

3) Most importantly I can afford to get my cat to a Vet and get her shots I couldnt afford ...and I'll put 400$ away for the day we all hate with pets ....shes atleast 15 and has been with me through all of it ...Not even being able to give her proper treatment when she needs it has been weighing heavy on me.

I hate Democrats and Govt but I'm very grateful.

Once you get your card, since you are on a budget, go get your medicine in Maine.. My buddy goes up there and the price difference is significant, enough for him to drive from Westborough to Kittery. I am not positive, but I think he said it is almost half the cost as here in MA.

Once you get your card, since you are on a budget, go get your medicine in Maine.. My buddy goes up there and the price difference is significant, enough for him to drive from Westborough to Kittery. I am not positive, but I think he said it is almost half the cost as here in MA.
I appreciate that I'll look into it.

Haven’t qualified since the first one which went to charity. Wife and I haven’t missed a day of work so it’s absurd that they would send a check.

If your truly in need of a check then it should be going to essentials or into savings. If the wife and I had debt it would have gone towards that. Quite frankly if someone is still working they shouldn’t get a check but that’s too sensible for government policy.

What's this "Covid Relief Check" you speak of?

Is that that free money which I pay for, for others?

Yes it is!!!
Our combined income barely exceeded the cap for 2019. Not so much in 2020. No soup for us. Even though our income was cut in half for 2020. Great plan.. Thankful we still have our jobs though. If you do get the $1400, buy a plane ticket down to Florida and enjoy a little freedom... Or, I will sell you 1000 rounds of 5.56... $1.40 a round. 😁

Back
Top Bottom