Crappy day hunting today

How about getting a safe set up like one of those magic boxes that magicians use? You know, the ones where the assitant enters, the magician opens the door and she's no longer there. I think they use a secret compartment at the back, and tricks of perspective to make people think the inside that they can see is bigger than it really is. That way, in the visible part have 1 or 2 guns, but the hidden back can contain your arsenal.

Alternatively get your wife a new coat or purse for each gun purchase.

It's hard to believe but my wife was un initiated to the world of firearms when I met her. Now, however, She is the "gun nut" and I have to remind her that the bills need paying and such before we(she) purchase another one(insert Twilight Zone music here).[hmmm]

While my wife hates guns, fortunately she can't tell one gun from the other. So, I'm OK as long as she doesn't see them all at once. I'm not kidding either... whether I'm cleaning the Bushmaster or the snub-nosed revolver, she can't tell the difference! They might as well be the same gun as far as she's concerned.

my buddy is looking to sell his bushmaster, and my safe is full

I'm thinking you can find room for one more. When the wife isn't home, take them all out and start staggering them with some butt down and some bbl down. I did that in that with my safe when I thought I was out of room and found I could fit 2-3 more long guns. Well, one more long gun now. It actually would be a perfect fit for a used bushmaster at a great price. [wink]

As far as wives/girlfriends are concerned, I learned with fire about being with a very inflexable controlling wife. The day my divorce was finalized is recognized as one of the best days of my life.

I remarried and told her that owning firearmes was one of my passions. She's been ok with it even though she doesn't understand it. She's into the typical women stuff of clothing, shoes, pocket books and jewelry. I don't bother her and she doesn't bother me as long as the bills get paid and we have spending money to do things together. So far it's been smooth sailing (knocking on my wood desk)

I remarried and told her that owning firearmes was one of my passions. She's been ok with it even though she doesn't understand it. She's into the typical women stuff of clothing, shoes, pocket books and jewelry. I don't bother her and she doesn't bother me as long as the bills get paid and we have spending money to do things together. So far it's been smooth sailing (knocking on my wood desk)
That's basically how the Mrs and I manage it. One suggestion is that it is worth doing preventative maintenance now and then -- after you've bought yourself some guns, get her a piece of jewelry.

When my wife asks why I have so many guns, I ask her why she has so many spices, I only need salt and pepper.

It doesn't work but I keep trying.

She says she doesn't care what I buy, until the time comes that I tell he I don't want to go to Aruba or other vacation spot. Then she says..."oh but you can spend all your money on guns." That's when she gets on the computer and starts pricing plane tickets.

She really doesn't seem to mind that I have " a few" guns (her words).

What she did mind was when the fourth safe came into the house (a four room house I might add). Makes it difficult to hide. I told her it was for some "ammo", but now she wants to know what's in the six rubber maid totes stacked floor to ceiling between the two biggest safes. I put my collection of War History books on the top and told her they are all books. She's not inquisitive enough, or strong enough, to lift a tote down and see what's in it.

But you know what? All in all I'm not fooling her or anyone else. Everything is cool while she gets her way, but let me say one wrong word and all I hear is... guns, guns, the Dog, guns and the lake, that's all you care about. Where do I come in?

That's when it's time for some heavy smoochin'. We've played this game for 35 years.

Back
Top Bottom