CRS Firearms Matthew Hoover arrested for selling auto keycards

Well, the firearms were free.
N59E7Ld.jpg

ETA: Attempted to edit for clarity.

Last edited:
The GoFundMe is on the front page under "Top Fundraisers"
Surprised they did not "tweak" the algorithm to prevent that.

Regardless of how we all feel about this guy, he has a wife and kids and was the sole provider for them. These charges are BS, this guy is one of us and a pro 2A activist. We need to stand behind him. If they lose this case and the one for the auto keycard guy it sets the precedent of the ATF being able to call anything they want a machine gun or some other prohibited item to jam people up. This is no different than the fight on 80% receivers and the ATF changing definitions. They are persecuting these guys.

There is a gofundme set up to help his wife and kids and start his legal defense fund. Has been setup by the wife so it is legit, She did a livestream with John Crump.

They are going to try him in FL and he lives in WI so that is going to be really hard on his family.

View: https://youtu.be/EJMHrge7Zrc

Update: GoFundMe isnt releasing any of the donated funds. Please look him up pn GiveSendGo.

Last I heard is they were still reviewing all the documentation the wife submitted to gofundme. Who I'm sure is slow playing it cuz.. gunz.

Yeah. So the ATF AGENT BROKE THE LAW, not the person they arrested.

Their f***ing case against him is literally "we made a machine gun and it works, therefore we arrested this man and are blaming him for our own constructive intent."

(b) Machinegun​

The term "machinegun" means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

1646321166260.png1646321166260.png
Machine gun?

Volley fire is not automatic...allegedly

The submitted sample does not automatically allow the firing of multiple rounds, as a function of a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism, through utilizing a portion of the energy of the fired cartridges or by harnessing the recoil energy.
All functions of the submitted sample are performed manually, therefore, it is classified as a "firearm" under the GCA, 18 U.S.C. § 92l(a)(3).

So then if it doesn't use the recoil or energy produced from firing its not a machine gun?
Then M134 mini gun is GtG.
Right?

So then if it doesn't use the recoil or energy produced from firing its not a machine gun?
Then M134 mini gun is GtG.
Right?
I have a Tippman Armory Gatling gun and was considering motorizing it (I'm an 07/SOT). I called the NFA branch and they said it was OK to do as long as I filed a Form 2 and engraved the motor. I decided against it because it's more fun to shoot with a crank.

Update: GoFundMe isnt releasing any of the donated funds. Please look him up pn GiveSendGo.

GoFundMe held funds for the Canadian Truckers. They weren't even going to give the money back but instead donate it to a charity of their choice.

They did not hold up funds for any of the BLM protestors.

They have showed they are politically motivated and will do as they want. I will never give a penny to any GoFundMe campaign.

If this entire monkeyturd of a case actually goes to trial, and I certainly hope it does, it should be easy enough for the defense attorneys to prevail. In front of a judge and jury, you ask the ATF agents to insert this card into a semiautomatic weapon and magically turn it into a machine gun. Live fire, at a range of their choice, for everyone to see.

If this entire monkeyturd of a case actually goes to trial, and I certainly hope it does, it should be easy enough for the defense attorneys to prevail. In front of a judge and jury, you ask the ATF agents to insert this card into a semiautomatic weapon and magically turn it into a machine gun. Live fire, at a range of their choice, for everyone to see.
That all depends on how the judge explains the law to the jury.

you might think so but I can drill a blind hole where an auto sear pin would go on an ar and just like that its a machine gun. Its really no different than what we have here with the cards being partially engraved. I don't like that it is this way but its also been established for a long ass time now. Hopefully the dude prevails in court and there is more clarity to this.

you might think so but I can drill a blind hole where an auto sear pin would go on an ar and just like that its a machine gun. Its really no different than what we have here with the cards being partially engraved. I don't like that it is this way but its also been established for a long ass time now. Hopefully the dude prevails in court and there is more clarity to this.
I know jack shit about automatic weapons. I fired a grand total of two of them in my entire life (Swedish K and a .22 caliber submachine gun that someone told me was an American 180). I don't doubt you in the least. ATF plays dirty. Sometimes, they even use soft primers to get a semiautomatic to "double" so they can call it a machinegun. I also hope this guy wins in court.

I know jack shit about automatic weapons. I fired a grand total of two of them in my entire life (Swedish K and a .22 caliber submachine gun that someone told me was an American 180). I don't doubt you in the least. ATF plays dirty. Sometimes, they even use soft primers to get a semiautomatic to "double" so they can call it a machinegun. I also hope this guy wins in court.
They have always held this position that there is no such thing as an 80% firearm, just one that you have taken to a point that is beyond it just being a lump of material. You can't mark the hole positions in a "80" lower if you have trigger pockets, etc... in there because they consider that the same as blowing a hole through the part. On these cards we talked on here a while back and while people are saying its only a picture thats a half truth this guy had cards with engraving that removed some amount of material and what the atf is going to say is that the material removed brought it to a state that it was no longer a lump of material but a machine gun.

GOA handed some ATF documents over to Hoover that explicitly prove the card cannot be a machine gun due to the ATFs own internal documents and definitions. Watch last two min of video. ATF defined what was and was not a lightning link internally. It has to be cut to final dimensions and have the bend locations marked.

I'm sure ATF will drag this out because they are f***ing scumbags of the highest order. But hopefully this case allows Hoover to both prevail and then counter sue based on them violating their own internal controls.

View: https://youtu.be/BYG4EXkq3gY

GOA handed some ATF documents over to Hoover that explicitly prove the card cannot be a machine gun due to the ATFs own internal documents and definitions. Watch last two min of video. ATF defined what was and was not a lightning link internally. It has to be cut to final dimensions and have the bend locations marked.

I'm sure ATF will drag this out because they are f***ing scumbags of the highest order. But hopefully this case allows Hoover to both prevail and then counter sue based on them violating their own internal controls.

View: https://youtu.be/BYG4EXkq3gY

Guy seems drunk or heavily medicated.

Back
Top Bottom