• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Czech Gun Laws. Are they better than ours?

Aside from the universal licensing and registration, it seems they almost have it better than we do in regards to RTC.
The fact that they have universal licensing and registration & no 2nd amendment means they do not have it better.
Yes, Czech women are the hottest on the planet!

The fact that they have universal licensing and registration & no 2nd amendment means they do not have it better.
Yes, Czech women are the hottest on the planet!

One might argue that despite the fact that we don't have universal licensing and registration and we do have a the Second Amendment hasn't helped us didily squat when a majority of voters and politicians don't care that our laws exist.

One huge difference between us and them as described in the article is that immediately after being released from the yoke of Moscow, gun rights were restored to the citizens. This reaction is evidence that they see the relationship between tyranny and lack of private firearm ownership.

It might be OK for now, but as soon as the Czech government decides they don't like their citizens owning guns, they are gone. The 2nd Amendment is the only thing that we have that prevents that from happening. If we did not have the 2nd Amendment, our guns would already be gone.

As far as Czech women go, I googled it, and I have to admit that of the hundreds of pictures I looked at, the average hotness level is pretty high...[grin]

Average-Czech-Girls.jpg

It might be OK for now, but as soon as the Czech government decides they don't like their citizens owning guns, they are gone.

from a country ravaged by world wars and where they have seen extermination camps firsthand... good luck just taking the guns back from these guys, constitution/whatever they have/don't have or not. goooood luck.

I hope you are right, but in many parts of Europe anti-Semitic groups are on the rise again as the economic situation there gets worse. Don't underestimate the power of desperate people in desperate times. Collective memories are short in modern times. My biggest concern in the US is how the statist politicians increasingly ignore the parts of the Constitution that they find inconvenient, and enforce the parts that help their insidious cause.

from a country ravaged by world wars and where they have seen extermination camps firsthand... good luck just taking the guns back from these guys, constitution/whatever they have/don't have or not. goooood luck.

I hope you are right, but in many parts of Europe anti-Semitic groups are on the rise again as the economic situation there gets worse. Don't underestimate the power of desperate people in desperate times. Collective memories are short in modern times. My biggest concern in the US is how the statist politicians increasingly ignore the parts of the Constitution that they find inconvenient, and enforce the parts that help their insidious cause.

i can't spend too much time worrying about these other folks, but i know that i'm in an OK position. and i've got friends.

While the Czech Republic doesn't have a Second Amendment per say, I did find this article quite interesting. Aside from the universal licensing and registration, it seems they almost have it better than we do in regards to RTC.

Gun politics in the Czech Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not seeing how the laws are much different than MA overall. I suppose, relatively speaking, it's good that the laws on CCW are consistent vs. MA but the licensing requirements are significantly more strict in terms of testing.

I'm not seeing how the laws are much different than MA overall. I suppose, relatively speaking, it's good that the laws on CCW are consistent vs. MA but the licensing requirements are significantly more strict in terms of testing.

And the country is full of beautiful women with an entirely different (and far more attractive) attitude and way of looking at the world... It's bizarro MA.

In addition to beautiful women,their beer is awesome, and cheap. But on a sad note, since their gov't knows who exactly has the guns, rounding them up and imprisoning those who don't cough them up will be easy.

When I was in Prague, I went to the CZ store, $2000 for the pistol I paid $400 for.

In addition to beautiful women,their beer is awesome, and cheap. But on a sad note, since their gov't knows who exactly has the guns, rounding them up and imprisoning those who don't cough them up will be easy.

When I was in Prague, I went to the CZ store, $2000 for the pistol I paid $400 for.

On the flip side...... Zelenysport.cz yeah, that's $3000 for a heavy machine gun.

- - - Updated - - -

On the flip side...... http://www.zelenysport.cz/en/machine-guns/ yeah, that's $3000 for a heavy machine gun.

While the Czech Republic doesn't have a Second Amendment per say, I did find this article quite interesting. Aside from the universal licensing and registration, it seems they almost have it better than we do in regards to RTC.

Gun politics in the Czech Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not sure about their gun laws, but their firearms are first rate! Recently, I was at KTP and noticed a "youth model" bolt-action .22 rifle that can be converted to single-shot for beginners. It was a CZ model, can't remember the model number, but it was first-rate. Nice wood and metal. Excellent rifle for the youngster who is just beginning his or her shooting career.

I own 4 CZ's, would own more if I had the $$$. My CZ-75B is a great shooter, has all the Cajun Gun Works mods to make it even sweeter. This fires any ammo, reloads, whatever. Unlike my piece of crap Glock.

Back
Top Bottom