• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

Oops.

Tough to tell if the cop behind the trigger actually thought they had a taser or "I thought I had a taser" was the convenient after-the-fact excuse, when the person realized that they weren't right to shoot in that situation.

Oops.

Tough to tell if the cop behind the trigger actually thought they had a taser or "I thought I had a taser" was the convenient after-the-fact excuse, when the person realized that they weren't right to shoot in that situation.

She literally says “I’ll taze you. Taser taser taser” before shooting. Then immediately says “shit, i just shot him” in a tone clearly showing she f***ed up. I don’t think it’s an after the fact excuse at all. She just messed up big time. This isn’t one of those police realize they got caught committing misconduct lies we often see.

She literally says “I’ll taze you. Taser taser taser” before shooting. Then immediately says “shit, i just shot him” in a tone clearly showing she f***ed up. I don’t think it’s an after the fact excuse at all. She just messed up big time. This isn’t one of those police realize they got caught committing misconduct lies we often see.

I couldn't tell if it was her or someone else saying taser, but she was the only female involved so that makes sense.

I haven’t seen any video or photos of the scene either active or diagramed, so I’ll post my response based on the simple facts.

Couple questions I’d ask or hope to see some actual real evidence of and not just a written report;

Where was the officer (that fired) located in relation to the driver who was trying to flee?

Did the officer(s) see and is there any photo/video evidence of the driver possibly raising or pointing a firearm towards the officer(s) on scene as he began his flight?

Did the officer only fire towards the rear of the vehicle as it was driving away? If so why?

Did the officer only fire towards the front of the vehicle as it was driving away? If so was he or another officer or citizen in danger of being struck by said vehicle?

If the officer only fired at the rear of the vehicle while it was fleeing and citizens were actually in front of that vehicle and in danger of being struck, why would he/she start firing with those citizens as the only back drop he can see? If that’s the case all they did was add to the imminent threat that was already being posed to them, run/jump/tactical roll trying to avoid the fleeing vehicle, only to also be met with incoming rounds from the police, horrible optics, horrible tactics and horrible trigger discipline.

If there was no firearm involved on behalf of the fleeing suspect that immediately forced an equal response from the officer, and there was no other reason to make the arrest besides a couple warrants (felony or not, does not equate to a death sentence summarily executed on the street).

Some of these questions and more will need to be answered and evidence of such should be presented for or against to even start to understand if this was a good action or if it was completely unwarranted and unprofessional.

I don’t blindly choose sides, blue or black, I try to gauge my own experience with known facts about individual actions taken, no matter how similar each shooting may seem to the onlooker, they are all different in their own ways and should be treated as such individually.

As an example we see how easy people make snap judgments here with sometimes little or no facts of the action, their initial judgment generally will fit their personal feelings on either blue or black, this is just being human, now put that snap judgment to use on scene with you as one of the players and see how easily things can go wrong once the stress level is upped 100%.

Not making excuses for either side here, just offering some things for individuals to think about.

Having held both a Police issue taser and obviously a myriad of handguns i dont know how you mange to mix the two up.
I just spent 5 minutes looking for a good photo of a legacy jet throttle cluster
(where the flap lever is shaped like a teentsy airfoil and somthin' else is shaped like somthin' else -
in the vain hope that maybe a pilot won't grab the wrong lever and give it a good yank in mid-air).

At this rate they're gonna have to shape tasers like a freaking banana
in the vain hope that in the heat of the moment cops won't grab the wrong piece yet again.

BTW, were the cops using a best practice when they were cuffing him?

It seemed like he wiggled out mighty easily.

Yes, that's the definition of "resisting arrest".
But considering that they went straight from
extraction to cuffs without stopping at frisking,
it seemed like the first cop was using no force at all;
no authoritah.

If I was getting cuffed, I wouldn't expect to be treated that gently.

Could they have been softpedaling to avoid accusations of brutality?

(Like @Bonesinium?) my initial reaction to the taser story was disbelief
because based on the initial report...
During the traffic stop, police said Wright began to drive away and an officer opened fire, striking him.
...I mistakenly assumed the cop plugged him through the back window
just as he was making the jump to lightspeed.

I haven’t seen any video or photos of the scene ...

Apologies if you're bandwidth limited and can't appreciate it.
Of course it's edited down to what the layman considers the crucial interval.
Not dismissing that hearing the banter in the patrol car will ultimately be important context.

That’s the first thing I said to my wife this morning when I saw the shooting.

Bob

Was your wife comforted that you only meant to Taser her this morning?

I haven’t seen any video or photos of the scene either active or diagramed, so I’ll post my response based on the simple facts.

Couple questions I’d ask or hope to see some actual real evidence of and not just a written report;

Where was the officer (that fired) located in relation to the driver who was trying to flee?

Did the officer(s) see and is there any photo/video evidence of the driver possibly raising or pointing a firearm towards the officer(s) on scene as he began his flight?

Did the officer only fire towards the rear of the vehicle as it was driving away? If so why?

Did the officer only fire towards the front of the vehicle as it was driving away? If so was he or another officer or citizen in danger of being struck by said vehicle?

If the officer only fired at the rear of the vehicle while it was fleeing and citizens were actually in front of that vehicle and in danger of being struck, why would he/she start firing with those citizens as the only back drop he can see? If that’s the case all they did was add to the imminent threat that was already being posed to them, run/jump/tactical roll trying to avoid the fleeing vehicle, only to also be met with incoming rounds from the police, horrible optics, horrible tactics and horrible trigger discipline.

If there was no firearm involved on behalf of the fleeing suspect that immediately forced an equal response from the officer, and there was no other reason to make the arrest besides a couple warrants (felony or not, does not equate to a death sentence summarily executed on the street).

Some of these questions and more will need to be answered and evidence of such should be presented for or against to even start to understand if this was a good action or if it was completely unwarranted and unprofessional.

I don’t blindly choose sides, blue or black, I try to gauge my own experience with known facts about individual actions taken, no matter how similar each shooting may seem to the onlooker, they are all different in their own ways and should be treated as such individually.

As an example we see how easy people make snap judgments here with sometimes little or no facts of the action, their initial judgment generally will fit their personal feelings on either blue or black, this is just being human, now put that snap judgment to use on scene with you as one of the players and see how easily things can go wrong once the stress level is upped 100%.

Not making excuses for either side here, just offering some things for individuals to think about.

Whoa, slow down Colombo. You should just speculate wildly like the rest of us!

Not dismissing that hearing the banter in the patrol car will ultimately be important context.

Accidental discharge😂😂😂😂

Once again if that idiot just let the cop place the cuffs on he would still be alive. I just shake my head at how the kid got away from the cop in the first place though. Perfect example of complacency and letting his guard down. I think the cop that shot him definitely thought it was the taser she was using, which would have been a good call rather than reaching in the vehicle when he could have drove off.

Well that answers a lot of questions. lol Panic and incompetence. Ding ding.
Some people just aren't cut out for this type of job. She f***ed up big time and they’ll pay heavily for it. Too many tools and not enough quality training and sometimes just not enough brain cells or cool headedness to act accordingly.

Lot of people go into panic mode instantly because they can’t control the adrenaline rush, anything ‘good’ about them prior to that moment falls apart and their complete lack of training and quality of training shows dreadfully in these moments.

Bet the officer that tried and failed to apply the cuffs
was a little unnerved when he saw that the line of fire of the taser pop
went right past his kidneys. A lot like when Mohamed Noor killed Justine Damond
for no reason by shooting across his partner's face sitting inside the car.

It would have been just the prescription
if the arrestee had been about to shoot him, of course...

I infer the deceased didn't have more gunz in the car,
because they had to have torn the vehicle apart already,
and how could they not mention that in the initial press conference?
(That's not part of the narrative, right?)

Whoa, slow down Colombo. You should just speculate wildly like the rest of us!
I never pegged @cams as even owning a trench coat.

Accidental discharge
ND is not merely the state north of SD.

So I wonder where Andy Ngo got:
He nearly killed others during the failed escape.​
He should stick with reporting on antifa.
How do you know he wasn't veering all over the road
in the last 10 seconds of his life?

Once again if that idiot just let the cop place the cuffs on he would still be alive. I just shake my head at how the kid got away from the cop in the first place though. Perfect example of complacency and letting his guard down. I think the cop that shot him definitely thought it was the taser she was using, which would have been a good call rather than reaching in the vehicle when he could have drove off.
I cant excuse the cop not recognizing the weapon they are pointing at another person and then pulling the trigger while still "unsure"

But I must say that all red flags go up when he breaks the officers hold and re-enters that car

Im stuck between feeling bad for this kid clearly having bad parents that never taught him how to behave with law enforcement but at the same time I myself would never dream of acting like that in front of law enforcement. Im a hands on the wheel, dome light on and slow movements kind of person when dealing with the law

Well that answers a lot of questions. lol Panic and incompetence. Ding ding.
Some people just aren't cut out for this type of job. She f***ed up big time and they’ll pay heavily for it. Too many tools and not enough quality training and sometimes just not enough brain cells or cool headedness to act accordingly.

Lot of people go into panic mode instantly because they can’t control the adrenaline rush, anything ‘good’ about them prior to that moment falls apart and their complete lack of training and quality of training shows dreadfully in these moments.
Makes me wonder, was she really the best candidate for the job or was she hired based off some gender quota. Which further makes me wonder if the department could be made held accountable for passing up a more qualified person just to fill a quota, if that was the case

I cant excuse the cop not recognizing the weapon they are pointing at another person and then pulling the trigger while still "unsure"

But I must say that all red flags go up when he breaks the officers hold and re-enters that car

Im stuck between feeling bad for this kid clearly having bad parents that never taught him how to behave with law enforcement but at the same time I myself would never dream of acting like that in front of law enforcement. Im a hands on the wheel, dome light on and slow movements kind of person when dealing with the law
Im definitely not excusing the officer by any stretch, I am just saying in my opinion I believe her that she thought it was her taser but I doubt it will save her from losing her job and it shouldn’t because you just can’t make mistakes like that and take it back. No idea what the kids upbringing was like or if he was a thug or not, I’m going to venture a guess and say he probably was though. Either way the cops were incompetent and the kid was stupid. Let the rioting begin and bring more heat on LE for that utter Cluster F’K

Makes me wonder, was she really the best candidate for the job or was she hired based off some gender quota. Which further makes me wonder if the department could be made held accountable for passing up a more qualified person just to fill a quota, if that was the case

Unqualified and incompetent cops not capable of dealing with the stress and other factors of policing isn’t a gender issue. Didn’t you see the recent example of a cop who was a former Marine or something, shoot someone through the door because he got scared of a door closing?

Unqualified and incompetent cops not capable of dealing with the stress and other factors of policing isn’t a gender issue. Didn’t you see the recent example of a cop who was a former Marine or something, shoot someone through the door because he got scared of a door closing?
100% agreed

To anyone that doesn't believe that he was pulled over for window tint or an air freshener (im not saying its true or not) but to those people that do not believe "that narrative", do you believe stops like that happen? And can you justify those stops?

Dude, cops pulling people over for driving while black happen all the time.

The sad thing is that black people have just come to expect this shit from cops. A good friend of mine who I work with tells me a lot of stories of his time here, he is from Nigeria and is more American than most Americans. He would tell me that his friends are/were literally scared if a cop pulls them over. He tells his friends to stay cool and be respectful and nothing happens except harassment. It still doesn't take away the fact that a cop pulled over a car of black guys for no f'n reason in the first place.

I guess they are tired of accepting shit from cops.

A lot of people are genuinely pissed and fed up[, and a lot of people are just taking advantage of the situation to loot, murder and pillage.

Another example of why black folks are pissed, yes I know this shit happens to white people as well.

Last edited:
If I'm a Cop I need to make one of two decisions. One, find a new line of work or two, don't kneel on peoples neck, shoot at fleeing cars and what have you. Pay attention to what the hell is going on now. What may have been SOP in the past is long gone. What's right or wrong is long gone. You shoot and kill a man in a fleeing car you are going to be charged and you are going to be convicted.

I would agree this is madness, complete madness, but accept that madness they must or they will do serious jail time.

Let them drive away and tell your Supervisor you want them stopped, you shoot them.

Otherwise find another way to make a living.

Back
Top Bottom