• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

So, from what I see: the officer was justified in using the level of force she thought that she was applying, based on the circumstances, but due to her gross and inexcusable negligence she mistook her firearm for the taser and caused the death of the subject. Under MN law it looks like 2nd degree Manslaughter.

609.205 MANSLAUGHTER IN THE SECOND DEGREE.​

A person who causes the death of another by any of the following means is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than ten years or to payment of a fine of not more than $20,000, or both:

(1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another

IDK. Looked to me like the female officer ran in front of the male officers yelled "taser" and then shot him. Maybe she really is that incompetent (almost difficult to imagine) but you could make the case that it was intentional. With only seeing that tape and not knowing the female officer I couldn't say definitively if that was incompetence or intentional.

Im getting major deja vu from the Floyd incident, everyone started to get context and understanding and there was like a 24 hour period where everyone no matter race or LEO/ civilian went "oh man thats not right, that cop messed up"

Then the riots started and the nuance of the situation was buried in a pile of rubble in Minneapolis

IDK. Looked to me like the female officer ran in front of the male officers yelled "taser" and then shot him. Maybe she really is that incompetent (almost difficult to imagine) but you could make the case that it was intentional. With only seeing that tape and not knowing the female officer I couldn't say definitively if that was incompetence or intentional.

I don't think cops are exactly pushing to the front of the pack to execute black guys these days. Her life is likely ruined.

I don't think cops are exactly pushing to the front of the pack to execute black guys these days.
a ton of latinos and whites are killed by cops every year as well. Focusing on a singular white cop -> black perp framing is what muddies the waters so bad

So, from what I see: the officer was justified in using the level of force she thought that she was applying, based on the circumstances, but due to her gross and inexcusable negligence she mistook her firearm for the taser and caused the death of the subject. Under MN law it looks like 2nd degree Manslaughter.

Can't argue with that.

She should be held accountable for her actions.

I am curious as to why the car was pulled over in the first place.

Ran the plate and came back as the RO had a FTA for a misdemeanor ?

There must have been at least 2 patrol cars and 3 officers there. all this for a random stop ?

I am thinking, due to prior experience of how cops work in shitholes, that the cops know all the hoodlums in their AO. They must have seen his car and according to the court document thing earlier in the thread, his FTA for those 2 misdemeanors probably turned into a bench warrant not long ago, and that is why they pulled him over.

Justa guess.

Unqualified and incompetent cops not capable of dealing with the stress and other factors of policing isn’t a gender issue. Didn’t you see the recent example of a cop who was a former Marine or something, shoot someone through the door because he got scared of a door closing?
I was not implying that it was a gender issue. I was questioning whether there may have been a more qualified person who applied for the same job and was denied the job based off some gender quota.

Maybe she was the most qualified person, I do not know. However if she was not the most qualified and she was put there because of a gender quota and that lesser qualified person who was put into a very stressful situation killed my son then I would want some really hard answers as to why the potential quality of policing was sacrificed. I would further want to know would it have made a difference if the more qualified applicant was hired instead, would my son be alive today?

a ton of latinos and whites are killed by cops every year as well. Focusing on a singular white cop -> black perp framing is what muddies the waters so bad
It's been fairly consistent for several years, about 1000 people killed by police each year.

In 2020 police shot and killed 457 whites, 241 blacks, 169 hispanics, 28 "other" and 126 "unknown"

So about the number of people shot and killed in Chicago and Baltimore every year.

It's been fairly consistent for several years, about 1000 people killed by police each year.

In 2020 police shot and killed 457 whites, 241 blacks, 169 hispanics, 28 "other" and 126 "unknown"

So about the number of people shot and killed in Chicago and Baltimore every year.
How do we, as 2A advocates express these statistics to the left to explain that with a weakened right to bear arms the State has a monopoly on violence?

How do we, as 2A advocates express these statistics to the left to explain that with a weakened right to bear arms the State has a monopoly on violence?
We can't, the Left is brainwashed by our schools and the media. We may have been dealing with Covid for over a year but we have been fighting the virus of Liberalism for decades.

Apparently he did crash into another car after he was shot, ...
(Which I didn't actually know).

... of course Andy’s tweet was clearly trying to suggest something else.
What it suggested to me was exactly the kind of thing you're telling me actually happened.

They won't suck for it,
because the Left DGAF about laws,
and their ability to trigger RiotLootBurn at a moment's notice
makes them think that they have plenty of violence to wield.

I don't understand your question.

How do we protect ourselves from a**h*** cops ?

You can't, we are at their mercy, by design.
Idiots are everywhere. My Dad was misdiagnosed by a quack Dr which contributed to his death. Not as newsworthy as a Cop shooting someone but he was every bit as dead.

‘Holy S**t, I Just Shot Him’: Chief Believes Officer Meant To Use Taser In Fatal Shooting Of Daunte Wright​

Here is the video:

I know it's not as much fun, but here we have yet another example of why not to jump to conclusions in officer-involved shootings (and other situations as well).

I know it's not as much fun, but here we have yet another example of why not to jump to conclusions in officer-involved shootings (and other situations as well).
I am guilty and will accept my lashings.

Edit* however I completely condemn looting, rioting and anything else done that inflicts suffering on innocent civilians. You wanna take that destruction to city hall or the precinct? Not ideal but understandable

Last edited:

Minnesota officer meant to fire Taser, not handgun, in deadly Daunte Wright shooting, police chief says​

View: https://youtu.be/Y6-5TG-V5sM

I don't understand your question.

How do we protect ourselves from a**h*** cops ?

You can't, we are at their mercy, by design.

So what you are saying, is that encouraging them to believe their own hero status, giving them unprecedented powers, giving into every whim of their unions, and not subjecting them to civilian oversight isn't going to do it?

So what you are saying, is that encouraging them to believe their own hero status, giving them unprecedented powers, giving into every whim of their unions, and not subjecting them to civilian oversight isn't going to do it?

"So what you are saying..."

I did not say anything like that lol

So, what does someone do to protect themselves against a cop hell bent on f'n you over ?

Can you answer this question, or you going to do another one of those "So what you are saying" things ?

So, what does someone do to protect themselves against a cop hell bent on f'n you over ?

Can you answer this question, or you going to do another one of those "So what you are saying" things ?
Retain a good lawyer.

I’m having trouble finding any sympathy for the cops on this.

Air freshener? Tinted windows? Those are both bullshit reasons to pull someone over. His mother had an active warrant? Seriously?

Sure, he got back into the car when he shouldn’t have, but that doesn’t justify killing him.
There are dozens of BS laws on the books that are there for the sole purpose of creating probable cause to stop someone. In MA, it is "illegal" to have one's fog lights on when the weather is clear.
Most states have laws limiting tint, yet every tint shop sells tint that far exceeds the limit.
Most states ban hanging anything from the rear view mirror.
One city in my state has a headlight rule that exists only to harass people that drive through town. No way they could know about the rule as it doesn't exist under the state vehicle code.
Oregon even has a law on the books so they harass people on bicycles. It is illegal in Oregon to ride a bicycle while standing up on the peddles. Ever try riding up a steep mountain road without standing?
Riding in traffic, many people find better visibility standing up.

What it suggested to me was exactly the kind of thing you're telling me actually happened.

You must be better than I am at figuring things out because a tweet that says

"The claim from #DuanteWright's mother & #BLM activists that he was killed by police over air fresheners is unsubstantiated. There was a warrant for his arrest. He resisted arrest & got back in the vehicle & tried to speed off. He nearly killed others during the failed escape."

sounds a lot to me like claiming he was killed by police BECAUSE he nearly killed people while speeding off after resisting arrest, not that he crashed into a car AFTER being shot while stationing BECAUSE he was shot. I think you are likely to have been in the minority on that conclusion from that tweet.

I was not implying that it was a gender issue. I was questioning whether there may have been a more qualified person who applied for the same job and was denied the job based off some gender quota.

That's the same thing just from a different perspective.

Again, PD's higher people off all genders and races and backgrounds who are probably way less qualified to be a cop than other people they don't higher, and it's rarely has anything to do with those things (ie. gender, race).

So it was sarcasm. I was pointing out all the things that have led us to where we are as far as our faith in the police.

I didn't mean to imply that you actually said that. Meant more of an agreement with your sentiment.

Back
Top Bottom