• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

I sold an earlier version of this press last year. A very solid press that I loaded thousands of rounds on many years ago.
My question is, does it make sense to try and get into reloading right now? I’ve looked into it and it seems presses and press kits are available, but dies (except for the $300 super precision ones and weird calibers) seem to be impossible to find and the same is true for reloading components. I read that all primers are now going to ammo manufactures and there won’t be any available to reloaders for quite some time. Are you better off admitting you missed the boat on this time around and just waiting until things (hopefully) become more reasonable or should you just dive in and get what you can while you can?

My question is, does it make sense to try and get into reloading right now? I’ve looked into it and it seems presses and press kits are available, but dies (except for the $300 super precision ones and weird calibers) seem to be impossible to find and the same is true for reloading components. I read that all primers are now going to ammo manufactures and there won’t be any available to reloaders for quite some time. Are you better off admitting you missed the boat on this time around and just waiting until things (hopefully) become more reasonable or should you just dive in and get what you can while you can?

With patience and a little luck, deals can be had. Just don't expect to go to one vendor and put an entire reloading setup in your cart along with components. That's not gonna happen.

With patience and a little luck, deals can be had. Just don't expect to go to one vendor and put an entire reloading setup in your cart along with components. That's not gonna happen.
I have to say I agree. If kits are available, why not buy one and put it aside? Things will eventually become available again, just accept that its going to take a while for everything to be in supply at the same time.

I have to say I agree. If kits are available, why not buy one and put it aside? Things will eventually become available again, just accept that its going to take a while for everything to be in supply at the same time.

To add some detail, the bullet vendor I typically buy from is taking 10-12 weeks to make and ship their most popular projectiles. You will get your bullets, eventually. If you submit an order now, by the time you get everything else together you will be in business.

To add some detail, the bullet vendor I typically buy from is taking 10-12 weeks to make and ship their most popular projectiles. You will get your bullets, eventually. If you submit an order now, by the time you get everything else together you will be in business.
There’s a few vendors/bullet companies that will ship bullets within a week or 2 but most have much longer lead times.

OK, you convinced me. Just ordered this:

Not gun-related, but still a good deal at Autozone:
1613333814108.png

So for $28, you get
-5 qts full synthetic (usually 0w20)
-extended filter (even if its beyond $10, they'll still credit up to $10)
-$5 store credit (spend on spark plugs anyway)

If not at stock in your local store, they'll ship to store for free and you just pick it up.

That package should last at least 7500 miles. That's a deal to me!

Last edited:
Sorry should have posted this a week ago when I first got it but I actually forgot the deal myself until today and unfortunately today is the last day.

99 Restaurant get a $50 Gift Card (e-card) for $40

We bought a couple and stashed them for future use. Actually the 99 in town has gotten pretty efficient at curbside take away,

🐯

Amazon has the MBUS Pro sights for $168, lowest I've ever seen for the set. I have two sets of these which I got for ~$190 each. If you haven't heard of these, the MBUS Pros are the creme-de-la-creme of iron sights. Extremely high quality

View attachment 450467

Amazon product ASIN B00CLGLRD0View: https://www.amazon.com/Magpul-Steel-Sight-MAG275-MAG276/dp/B00CLGLRD0/ref=sr_1_44?crid=2ZWXXN2DI4QCZ&dchild=1&keywords=iron+sights+slim&qid=1613350293&sprefix=iron+s%2Caps%2C187&sr=8-44
MaTech or KAC are the best IMOP

Looking for an 18” or 20” upper with ir without bcg/ch - if anyone comes across something thats midrange quality (400-600$) let me know!

Looking for an 18” or 20” upper with ir without bcg/ch - if anyone comes across something thats midrange quality (400-600$) let me know!

Not sure what mid range is, but PSA has stuff in stock for inexpensive prices.

Not really mid range, but BCM had stuff in stock last week.

RRA is affordable, but running a 6 month lead time on their stuff.

Amazon has the MBUS Pro sights for $168, lowest I've ever seen for the set. I have two sets of these which I got for ~$190 each. If you haven't heard of these, the MBUS Pros are the creme-de-la-creme of iron sights. Extremely high quality

View attachment 450467

Amazon product ASIN B00CLGLRD0View: https://www.amazon.com/Magpul-Steel-Sight-MAG275-MAG276/dp/B00CLGLRD0/ref=sr_1_44?crid=2ZWXXN2DI4QCZ&dchild=1&keywords=iron+sights+slim&qid=1613350293&sprefix=iron+s%2Caps%2C187&sr=8-44

Damn - that must have been time limited. I just checked and they’re back to $190 for the pair.

Last time I was in TSC I was able to pick up one of the EZ-Pour (unsure of brand) replacement spout kits.

For some reason they don't sell them in store in NH. Or at least not that I've seen.

I did buy some in a TSC in Indiana a few years back. Pretty much a must have for every modern store bought gas can.

Back
Top Bottom