• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

decent but not bulky fingerless gloves

I have had good luck useing the winter golf gloves. Footjoy preferred. Used them for years shooting trap on some cold ass nights and they do the trick. I also like the mechanix brand gloves. I use the "framers" fingerless model and they offer a small. Level of warmness. if its cold and windy rhey don't do well.

Last edited:
Bump for glove ideas for every day carry. I'm looking for something that is warm, able to work my gun, survive a tactical roll if ground is wet, and doesn't scream operator. It can say operator, just not scream it. Most likely whisper it, but by the time they say 'What?' it's too late.

+1 on FootJoy gloves. Try the wet weather gloves too. Not as thick as the winter and still keep hands warm. I just played in a tourney Friday in upper 20s to low 30s and was comfortable.

Last edited:
"Hot Shot" fingerless w/flap. Used it for 3 years. they start to wear off, but i use it a lot. Not bulky at all - can keep em inside my rubber boots. Used them today for morning seat 10 F - not super worm but sufficient enough. cut velcro on the flap off and install magnet. $11-$12 at army barracks.

I have had good luck useing the winter golf gloves. Footjoy preferred. Used them for years shooting trap on some cold ass nights and they do the trick.

+1 on FootJoy gloves.

I've heard about the Fotjoy winter golf gloves, I picked up a pair a couple of weeks ago. Ive worn them for a Action rifle match, and a day of sporting clays. I like them a lot. Warm enough, and thin enough for my needs. I have not used them for pistol shooting yet.

I've read the three posts below, but they are a bit dated.

I'm looking for some decent fingerless gloves to wear during fall and early winter. For full bore cold, I'll do the flip-top mittens.

What I'd like are some of those "ragg wool" type gloves, but just enough to keep the backs of your hands from getting chapped and cracked.

Any ideas?

What gloves for winter shooting and daily wear?

Extremely warm shooting gloves appropriate for handgun use?

Who makes good winter gloves?
This may be a stupid question, but since I've never owned a pair of full-finger gloves... do they really keep your hands warm? Seriously, they don't seem like they'd work, but I assume that they're so ubiquitous for a reason. People who've had experience, yay or nay?

Thanks,

This may be a stupid question, but since I've never owned a pair of full-finger gloves... do they really keep your hands warm? Seriously, they don't seem like they'd work, but I assume that they're so ubiquitous for a reason. People who've had experience, yay or nay?

Thanks,
A) You poor thing.
B) Do people mostly wear pants in the winter when it’s cold?

If Yes, ask yourself why.
If you still don’t know go back to A.

Back
Top Bottom