Dicks Sporting Goods Now Matches Online Prices For Ammo

Good Question:

The fact of the matter is that I have not needed to buy any large amounts of ammo for about 2 years.
I read about TargetSportsUSA but never needed to buy anything since they began to ship to Mass.
I was just in the mall and thought about that I needed to sight a rifle and didn't want to delve into my SHTF ammo collection.
I just needed one box.
When I saw the sign that they matched prices, I lost my head and looked up the box they had on sale to compare prices.

I can assure you, it was an honest mistake. :(
Fair enough, I probably just assume everyone is a compulsive ammo buyer like myself. :)

Forgive me!

I saw the price matching sign in big letters and all I saw was $$$.

I totally forgot that Dicks was anti-2A!
Glad you came to your senses. I had a dicks credit card and a score card with them for years. Was getting about $40 - $60 a month in free ammo with the rebates. I used the dicks credit card exclusively for all my monthly purchases.....groceries, Amazon purchases, whatever.....paid it off monthly and I still got a ton of score card points and a monthly card for $40 to $60. I would always just use it on ammo. A win win.....till they went full retard.....I cancelled my dicks card when I heard they were not going to sell to folks under 21. I made it a point to call to cancel and speak to a rep.....told them their anti 2a policies leave me with no choice but to stop being a customer.

Dicks is the anti.....and I hope they go under soon.

Last edited:
I know they suck and they verify your LTC - BUT they match prices now.
There was a big sign that said they'll match any price.

Sign of weakness:
their guns'n'ammo department must be imploding
because of individuals boycotting them.
Grumpy_Cat-Good.jpg

DKS reports earnings 8/21. That will be the first full quarter after they went full retard. The analysts are optimistic. I hope they're wrong.

As an aside from the OP...

I see this a HUGE news. I interpret this as Dicks is recognizing that they are losing business and customers. They are trying to do damage control and win customers back.

Give them nothing. Let them pull all related firearms from all of their stores. Let them Replace with a massive YETI section and section and virtue signal themselves into oblivion.

As an aside from the OP...

I see this a HUGE news. I interpret this as Dicks is recognizing that they are losing business and customers. They are trying to do damage control and win customers back.

Give them nothing. Let them pull all related firearms from all of their stores. Let them Replace with a massive YETI section and section and virtue signal themselves into oblivion.
Because Yeti is so Anti 2A it makes it a great fit.
Still waiting for my Pelican 70 to show up.

Ongoing
Boston Gun Buyback Program: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, Boston Police Dept D-14 301 Washington St., Brighton. For information: 617-343-4260, District D-14. Residents may drop off their working firearms and receive a $200 Visa gift card. Those who do not wish to deliver the firearms during those hours or at the station can call and arrange a pickup.
If the Boston Police Department can buy "assault rifles" from you for $200.00, then you should be able to buy them from Dick's for $200.00. No wait, they don't sell "assault rifles" at Dick's... [slap]
Great idea if they did but, does raise a question; when I walk in the station with a gun how many times must I fire it to show it works?

Because Yeti is so Anti 2A it makes it a great fit.
Still waiting for my Pelican 70 to show up.
I walked into Dicks to check out a new driver (I dont buy anything there, just waste their time and then order it online or go to golf warehouse in NH)...Anyway, the front of the store was nothing but YETI coolers. I guess they might be hurting there too.

If you absolutely have to go to Dick's, make sure that you make it unworth their while.

Simply not going won't send the right message. We need to be proactive:

1) Use the bathroom and crap on the floor - bonus points if using the wrong gender
2) Move things around - Big and Fat clothes on the bottom shelf and Minininjer sized clothes at least 6' high
3) Put the mannequins in compromising positions
4) Leave shoes out of boxes, and separate the pairs
5) Bring shell casings in - leave them in golf bags, pants pockets, etc

Then you are a fool IMHO.

When your rights are being trampled on by a company that can save you a few pennies yet you still use them is baffling to me.

Piss poor planning on your part (keeping ammo in stock) should in no part be allowed to deal with Dicks.

In fact I need pellets for my air rifle and I was unable to easily get them shipped into MA. Dicks has them 20 mins away. They can stuff the can up their ass before I darken their doorway with my shadow.
The dicks near you actually has pellets, the 2 near me hardly ever have pellets unless you like those light alloy shit ones.
Dicks has always sucked and other than last minute sporting gear purchase i dont bother. i will go to walmart except for no guns walmart has a better choice of crap

Maybe take some of that profit from your insanely high priced preban mag "Maga sale" and buy elsewhere for a few pennies more.

The dicks near you actually has pellets, the 2 near me hardly ever have pellets unless you like those light alloy shit ones.
Dicks has always sucked and other than last minute sporting gear purchase i dont bother. i will go to walmart except for no guns walmart has a better choice of crap
If dicks was next door to me I wouldn’t darken their doorway. I’ll wait for my next trip past KTP or Indian Trading Post in Greenville. Traffic has sucked on the turnpike so I have been taking back roads lately in southern Maine.

Forgive me!

I saw the price matching sign in big letters and all I saw was $$$.

I totally forgot that Dicks was anti-2A!

LOL, how 'bout all that help you are getting? We on NES often are way too sanctimonious- don't sweat all the bitching.

No, I don't shop at Dick's but to further stir the pot, I had not been to Gun Parlor in a while and stopped by this week to pick up some match ammo. They had tons of it, and at an excellent price. Ammo pricing was really my only gripe about their store, but now the pricing is very good. They are always nice to me and have decent inventory of supplies and parts. Sure, maybe they deserved some constructive criticism for their cooperation with local media that took an unfortunate twist- but the online flaming was certainly excessive. I'm still shopping there...

Back
Top Bottom