Does anyone belong to the Uxbridge Rod & Gun Club?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I live in Uxbridge and have been thinking of joining a club that is more local then the club that I belong to now. I've been trying to look at the website for the club, but Geocity keeps throwing an error saying that site has exceeded their file transfer limit.

For anyone that belongs, I was wondering what they offer and if they are accepting new members? Do you need a sponsor to apply? Do they have any IDPA, USPSA and/or Highpower activities?

My house is literally less the 2-3 minutes away, so joining would make shooting much more convenient.

I live in Uxbridge and have been thinking of joining a club that is more local then the club that I belong to now. I've been trying to look at the website for the club, but Geocity keeps throwing an error saying that site has exceeded their file transfer limit.

For anyone that belongs, I was wondering what they offer and if they are accepting new members? Do you need a sponsor to apply? Do they have any IDPA, USPSA and/or Highpower activities?

My house is literally less the 2-3 minutes away, so joining would make shooting much more convenient.

I have a couple of friends that belong. They run plate matches there on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of the month. I do think you need a sponsor, but that should be easy. Stop by there on the 3rd or 4th Sunday around 9:30 to get any info you want. Might as well bring a gun or two and enter the match while you're there.
-Cuz.

Might want to check out Whitinsville Fish and Game. It is in Douglas (not Whitinsville) and is just a mile or so from Uxbridge Rod and Gun in the same back road area. I know more and more people in our area are joining over there as opposed to URG and it has a more laid back reputation than URG. I do not know from personal experience, live in the area as well and well...it is a small town.

live in douglas

hey,
i live in douglas and just applied for my LTC A and went through all the finger printing and pictures and was told it will be in 5-6 weeks.

Try the RI Wallum lake Rode and gun club. i checked out the uxbridge one was told they are fill and are not accepting new members and Whitinsville is an ok one but the RI wullum lake one is nice. start on that road were they are just keep coming on the road away from route 16 and take a left on yew and then a left on locust street. and keep going till you get to router 98 / douglas turnpike an take a right on that. then follow to brook street you will see a sign for the club its nice 200 yard rifle range and 50+ yard pistol plus a indoor small pistol range and tons of skeet and sorry the other type of shooting at moving targets i cant remember the name. sorry new to this.

its $200 to join plus $100 for new members whitinsville is $150 i believe. I live in douglas actually on locust street so getting a membership to any of the 3 would be very easy since there all 2 streets away. wouldn't mind shooting with ya if you join one of them.

Last edited:
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the information. The RI club sounds fine and the shooting your talking about is probably either IDPA, USPSA or Cowboy. A lot of different variations there.

As to the club itself, I'd pass on joining the RI club if I was you. Being a Mass LTC holder doesn't give you permission to cross into RI with your guns. You'd need the RI equivelant of the Mass LTC permit for out of state residents. I've looked into getting one for that state and it's very hard to get. I think the law is that you can only be traveling in the state with your guns if your going to an advertised event at a gun club. Even then it's a good idea to have the flyer in your car in case your stopped for some reason Otherwise your breaking the law each time you enter the state with them.

Good luck on getting your LTC. Hopefully it will go smoothly. If Douglas is anything like Uxbridge, you should get your ALP permit without any problems.

Once you get it, drop me an IM and we'll go shooting. Always good to meet new shooters.

I actually went down to the RI State police barracks and asked them about that. They told me that as long as the gun was unloaded and locked up away for the ammo it was fine if i was going to a legal range. plus its 7mins by mapquest to it from my house. so i will just go real slow. the other ranges are 4mins way. ya should be about 5 more weeks till it comes in. thinking of getting a rem model 700 dont know which ver. yet.

Is the Singletary club too far? I haven't belonged to a club since I moved out of Sturbridge two years ago. Need to get back to shooting. If you're looking to stop in to check out a club in the near future, I'd like to go with. Get to meet someone local into shooting and it'll get me out of the dern house. PM if yer interested.

ya we can do that some time still got a little wait for my license. heard it takes longer then what the police say of 4-6 weeks. i hear from you guys and gun shops more like 6-8.

Chuck,
I am also in Douglas. Should not be any problem with your LTC there. Mine went through perfect. Should also come back ALP if you asked for it that way. You should get it in about a month. Doulglas is pretty good, they don't drag their feet, they'll call you as soon as it comes in.

Also, I am a member at Singletary for about a year now. Live on the top side of Douglas so this is the closest to me. Haven't even used it yet so I cannot comment too much though. All I wanted was a place to shoot, and they got that, so I doubt I'll have any complaints. It is only $100/year with a $50 initiation fee. I think they are having a member drive this weekend or next where they'll wave the $50 if you sign up.

If anyone does join there, let me know....

-Derek

ya just got to go up south east main and by the looks of the map on yahoo go up near the gazebo i know i spelled that wrong but im too tired to look up how to spell it. it looks like its near the rt 16 that heads for the state forest. i will probably check it out sunday or monday.

There will be plate shoots on the 3rd and 4th Sundays starting this week at Uxbridge. Well maybe not this week if the weather forcast is right.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom