Donald Trump is a F****** Moron/Former Collegue/Gun Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, was towing a boat trailer. Pulling out of a parking lot, a guy in a minivan pulled up on my right. I’d left room for the trailer off track, and he pulled in there. So now, I can’t go because the trailer will hit him. And he can’t go, because he can’t see around the Tahoe.

Eventually traffic clears so I can pull straight out. He goes behind me and into the LH lane. We both stop at the next light, after I’d seen that the car had NY plates. I was still a little pissed off so I rolled down the window and yelled, “Way to represent NY.”

His teenage son rolls down the window, and the guy yells “f*** Trump!”

My response? “You’re in Boston. Everyone here hates Trump. He’s from NY!”

His son busted a gut laughing, so I’m declaring a W....

what clubs still allow alcohol on the premise? I'm pretty sure it's a huge liability especially with insurance. Back in the day you could drink beers in the clubhouse in Woburn SC not sure if still allowed.

Lol, there are a whole bunch of them if you go digging, although it's probably less than 50% at this point. MA has more gun clubs than most people would think it does.

There are also some clubs around Nocentma that are basically BYOB. Eg, members will bring coolers and shit and they drink after shooting, fishing, or what have you... Those don't
really count, although I imagine most of the bar-free clubs ban consumption on premises, although some don't.

-Mike

Since when is being a gun owner required to belong to a club.
I think most members join to have a place to drink away from their wives
When I was looking for a club to join several years ago, one of the BIGGEST negatives for me was one that had a bar. Regardless of rules, there is always some jackass that thinks "It’s OK, I only had x drinks and I'm not drunk until I've had y." He's the same a**h*** that kills people with his car on the way home from the bar.

When I was looking for a club to join several years ago, one of the BIGGEST negatives for me was one that had a bar. Regardless of rules, there is always some jackass that thinks "It’s OK, I only had x drinks and I'm not drunk until I've had y." He's the same a**h*** that kills people with his car on the way home from the bar.

I've been at several clubs with bars and never really had a problem with this. Also bear in mind, the club not having a bar isn't some force field against saucers coming up to the range.

The only time I've ever seen this become a problem is in some cases there is a fudd faction within those clubs that tends to prioritize social events over range use. At one fudd dominated wingshooter club in central MA, one friend of mine was literally told to stop shooting at the pistol range"because they were playing poker inside and the gunfire was too loud" another time he had to stop shooting because "businblahs kid is having a birthday party in the clubhouse". Basically gunfire was only ever allowed there if it was an ATA meet or something. Otherwise randos using the range on the weekends was often "frowned upon". That was pretty f***ed. I think after the 2nd altercation he threw his membership card in the trash in front of the whining officer, and never went back.

-Mike

So did I. It's really stupid. I also saw people walking along a deserted country road with no one within a mile and they were wearing masks too. Not clear on the concept.

I saw a few bicyclists wearing masks yesterday. Full spandex, aerodynamic helmet, and a f***ing mask. f***ing idiots [rofl]

I've been at several clubs with bars and never really had a problem with this. Also bear in mind, the club not having a bar isn't some force field against saucers coming up to the range.

The only time I've ever seen this become a problem is in some cases there is a fudd faction within those clubs that tends to prioritize social events over range use. At one fudd dominated wingshooter club in central MA, one friend of mine was literally told to stop shooting at the pistol range"because they were playing poker inside and the gunfire was too loud" another time he had to stop shooting because "businblahs kid is having a birthday party in the clubhouse". Basically gunfire was only ever allowed there if it was an ATA meet or something. Otherwise randos using the range on the weekends was often "frowned upon". That was pretty f***ed. I think after the 2nd altercation he threw his membership card in the trash in front of the whining officer, and never went back.

-Mike
Those are a couple examples of things that would be worse after adding alcohol. My point is basically that ANY mind/mood altering substance, liquid or otherwise, legal or not, mixes badly with firearms. Anything that is potentially going to interfere with "The four rules" has no place there.

And yes, I'm well aware of rights, private property, and all the rest. MY choice is to not be anywhere the two are in close proximity, and I have ZERO sympathy for anybody who chooses to place the self in that situation and the suffers because of that choice. PSGWSP was almost coined for such an event.

The Democrats primary objective, so we're told, is to get rid of Trump but you know that if they do win they will claim it as a mandate for all of their commie programs.
Just look at how quickly they moved in Virginia. Even if the Rs retake the state they probably won't have the balls to reverse it.

Look at CO. Recall elections worked, but no legislator made any effort to rescind the mag ban that lead to the recall.

Those are a couple examples of things that would be worse after adding alcohol. My point is basically that ANY mind/mood altering substance, liquid or otherwise, legal or not, mixes badly with firearms. Anything that is potentially going to interfere with "The four rules" has no place there.

And yes, I'm well aware of rights, private property, and all the rest. MY choice is to not be anywhere the two are in close proximity, and I have ZERO sympathy for anybody who chooses to place the self in that situation and the suffers because of that choice. PSGWSP was almost coined for such an event.

The example I posted wasn't about saucing though. IMHO the "guh buh wuh! alcohol!!! guns!!! everyone is going to die!!!!" moral panic stuff you're complaining about generally isn't the
problem. Generally speaking at a lot of those places the scenario you suggest is strictly prohibited and basically grounds for instant loss of membership.

Rather, my example was more along the lines of- the existence of the bar/lounge causes a faction gap in the membership and then you can sometimes end up with this faction that doesn't give a shit about shooting activities, ranges, etc. Also, in the case of some clubs the bar ends up being a cost center in between the insurance and all the BS that goes into it. It's easier to just get rid of the thing (and the possibly worthless people only there for the bar that shot a gun like once 10 years ago)..... Of course there are lots of non-bar clubs that have this problem too, so there is that.... you don't have to have a bar, to be a fudd club.

-Mike

In my experience, "Never Trumpers" are emotionally biased and can not process any input that challenges their mindset. As it is said, do not try to teach a pig to whistle, it is a waste of your time and annoys the pig.

In my experience, "Never Trumpers" are emotionally biased and can not process any input that challenges their mindset. As it is said, do not try to teach a pig to whistle, it is a waste of your time and annoys the pig.
I was actually quite shocked by his anger because I never mentioned Trump, just bitched about Faker/Healey's unconstitutional ban on our rights. This guy is a German immigrant so I had a lot of ammo to return his fire. His brother is also a former co-worker so I was quite pissed by his response. I guess he was telling me we're not friends anymore.

Trump may be a moron .... but he's our moron, who will appoint supreme court justices whose influence will far outlast his term.
exactly! the more I think about the incident the more pissed I get. I don't need a politician telling me I'm unfit to carry a firearm and I'm a danger to LEO's. Faker and Healey are the dangers to Law Enforcement with their lax enforcement of of laws to keep violent criminals off the streets. If I see ever him again I will ask him why he thinks the Governor should have the right to deny him his rights because of a Commie Virus and why he is such a sheeple?

I was actually quite shocked by his anger because I never mentioned Trump, just bitched about Faker/Healey's unconstitutional ban on our rights. This guy is a German immigrant so I had a lot of ammo to return his fire. His brother is also a former co-worker so I was quite pissed by his response. I guess he was telling me we're not friends anymore.

The nevers/TDS types are so f***ed in the head now that they get set off by anything. The scary thing is they are programmed to be angry based off their tv set and faceplant. The whole disinfectant thing has caused them to reach new levels.

Jumped on my BMW RT yesterday for a ride. Riding thru Leominster see another Beemer heading my way. I wave and notice the rider is a former co-worker(I retired). I turn around and pull up next to him at a light and say Hi. Light changes and I follow him, he pulls over. I ask him how the Lab is doing, if he's going to work(he's a contractor and in late 60's). He says not much and I tell him I have talked my former co-workers and we have 5 positives in my former Group. I mention that we can't even go shooting(he's a member of Leominster Sportman's Club) and he comes back with shooting ranges aren't "essential". I reply says who, Fed guidelines say they are, Gov. Faker is screwing us. He looks at me and barks," Donald Trump is a f***ing Moron, always was always will be and he's f***ed this whole situation up". I'm shocked and reply," That f***ing moron beat your pathetic candidate and isn't trying to take my rights away". He puts his helmet back on and rides away. What a sheeple! I have met the enemy and they enemy is us!
He is a moron, you injecting cleaner yet?

exactly! the more I think about the incident the more pissed I get. I don't need a politician telling me I'm unfit to carry a firearm and I'm a danger to LEO's. Faker and Healey are the dangers to Law Enforcement with their lax enforcement of of laws to keep violent criminals off the streets. If I see ever him again I will ask him why he thinks the Governor should have the right to deny him his rights because of a Commie Virus and why he is such a sheeple?
That question will fall on deaf ears.

Ask if he agrees with Maura that allowing persons with firearms licenses to buy guns is a danger to law enforcement.

Just look at how quickly they moved in Virginia. Even if the Rs retake the state they probably won't have the balls to reverse it.

Look at CO. Recall elections worked, but no legislator made any effort to rescind the mag ban that lead to the recall.

A significant portion of what Va just signed into law was a roll back to former donk laws that Republicans rolled back in the last 10 years

1 gun a month is an example of that....there are others

So, no, I have full faith that Va Republicans will roll it back

He is a moron, you injecting cleaner yet?
The other weird thing is that he always came to visit me in my work area and shoot the shit about Beemer's and shooting, he's a big.357 guy . We had a card reader on my room so I would have to buzz him in and we'd shoot the shit for 10 -15 minutes whenever he was in the area. He didn't work in my Group but his brother did and we were all quite friendly. TDS is a more deadly disease than COVID.

The other weird thing is that he always came to visit me in my work area and shoot the shit about Beemer's and shooting, he's a big.357 guy . We had a card reader on my room so I would have to buzz him in and we'd shoot the shit for 10 -15 minutes whenever he was in the area. He didn't work in my Group but his brother did and we were all quite friendly. TDS is a more deadly disease than COVID.
Should clarify myself. D. Chump is a moron and should inject himself with disinfectants.

You sound like a total drip/hall monitor type. These clubs got lucky that you passed on them. Theres nothing wrong with a club being able to do adult stuff.

My club here in GA has a clubhouse and a bar. And a very simple rule - no alcohol on the ranges, no shooting after drinking. If you do, (and you're caught), you'll lose your membership. It's spelled out quite clearly in the membership package that you acknowledge reading by signing and turning in as part of the orientation process.

Thursday evenings we have a club dinner. People come out, shoot skeet, trap, whatever - then go to the clubhouse for dinner and possibly drinks.

I've heard of one member handling a firearm after drinking there - he was thrown out.

My clubs in CT forbid the consumption of alcohol on the premises.

You sound like a total drip/hall monitor type. These clubs got lucky that you passed on them. Theres nothing wrong with a club being able to do adult stuff.
guns and booze don't mix, just like motorcycles and drinking don't mix. Am I showing my age? Yes because I've done both and lived to tell about it. The anti's would love an alcohol related shooting at a gun club. .

guns and booze don't mix, just like motorcycles and drinking don't mix. Am I showing my age? Yes because I've done both and lived to tell about it. The anti's would love an alcohol related shooting at a gun club. .

So, what you're saying is you're exactly like the anti gunners because you know, based on your experiences, that you can't handle being around firearms after consuming alcohol? Just like they know that they're too irresponsible to own guns? Therefore, no one should have access to both alcohol and firearms because of your own irresponsibility?

So, what you're saying is you're exactly like the anti gunners because you know, based on your experiences, that you can't handle being around firearms after consuming alcohol? Just like they know that they're too irresponsible to own guns?
NOPE! I choose where to shoot and ride and I'm NOT talking about ME! I'm talking about the morons I've seen in bars riding bikes and the morons drinking beer and shooting whatever they can see. I go to a range to shoot, not to socialize but to each his own. Same with riding, did I ever ride my bike to a bar and have a few beers years ago? Yes, being young and dumb is part of the survival process.

NOPE! I choose where to shoot and ride and I'm NOT talking about ME! I'm talking about the morons I've seen in bars riding bikes and the morons drinking beer and shooting whatever they can see. I go to a range to shoot, not to socialize but to each his own. Same with riding, did I ever ride my bike to a bar and have a few beers years ago? Yes, being young and dumb is part of the survival process.

Based on this thread, it sounds to me like all you want to do is tell other people what to do. Typical Massachusetts gun owner. You want people to think exactly like you, act like you, and do like you do.

Based on this thread, it sounds to me like all you want to do is tell other people what to do. Typical Massachusetts gun owner. You want people to think exactly like you, act like you, and do like you do.
if you want a war I'll give you one. This thread has NOTHING to do with booze and where you get you're ignorant, biased opinion of me is beyond me. Please explain what opinions that I have typed in this thread causes you to attack me for no reason? I never told anyone what to do, if you want to drink beer and shoot guns go for it. If you want to ride your HD/BMW, etc. to a bar and drink beer go for it. Crack a beer for Christ's sake and take your anger out on Baker/Healey. Donate money to GOAL, COMM 2A, GOA and have a nice evening. Hopefully you still have a job and your family is well. Went for a nice hike in the rain today in Leominster State Forest because I can't go shooting and riding my Beemer or road bike would be miserable. Peace, out Bro!

Jumped on my BMW RT yesterday for a ride. Riding thru Leominster see another Beemer heading my way. I wave and notice the rider is a former co-worker(I retired). I turn around and pull up next to him at a light and say Hi. Light changes and I follow him, he pulls over. I ask him how the Lab is doing, if he's going to work(he's a contractor and in late 60's). He says not much and I tell him I have talked my former co-workers and we have 5 positives in my former Group. I mention that we can't even go shooting(he's a member of Leominster Sportman's Club) and he comes back with shooting ranges aren't "essential". I reply says who, Fed guidelines say they are, Gov. Faker is screwing us. He looks at me and barks," Donald Trump is a f***ing Moron, always was always will be and he's f***ed this whole situation up". I'm shocked and reply," That f***ing moron beat your pathetic candidate and isn't trying to take my rights away". He puts his helmet back on and rides away. What a sheeple! I have met the enemy and they enemy is us!
Must be a clays shooter LOL. I have personal experience with their ilk.

The anti's would love an alcohol related shooting at a gun club. .

Could you give us some examples of this happening? I cant seem to remember any.

Sounds like you want to tell people what to do because you cannot handle things, or worse, disagree with others doing something you dont like.

Yep in reading some of this thread it also reminds me of a different covid thread we have going.. opinions are much different from what folks I associate with in NH would say, I smell the MA on 'em.

Not all MA folks, MA gun owners, MA "conservatives" etc obviously fall into this category, and by no means is it limited to MA, but the moderate and even liberal spin can be found all over statements being made.

I could care less if someone has a couple beers on their bike and rides with no helmet. If they are alone the risk is 99.99% their own. Hell if it was up to me I'd make it legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom