• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest the Glock over the HK VP9. There are plenty of other Mfgs that I would also recommend over the HK. In the past year of shooting matches, I’ve seen a lot of different guns being used by a good handful of different companies. I don’t recall seeing a single VP9 in use by anyone. I’m thinking there must be a reason. USPSA/Action Pistol type shooters tend to put a lot of rounds through their guns. I tend to want to know what many of this group are shooting when I’m trying to make a decision on a new platform.
Short barrel lengths i assume

Most of those dudes run longer barrels

Even the "long slide" hk models aren't very long

And lack of after market upgrades compared to a glerk

Also probably a lack of focus on the market

Hk goes after .mil contracts and gov contracts

idk is there even a team hk for competitive shooting?

Trying to decide which of these two would be the better choice for a range gun. I like both guns and have fired both guns. The price doesn't matter because it is only a few $ difference. I figure someone here may have some long term shooting with both of them.
Please don't offer other pistol suggestions, I'm not interested, it's just these two.
Whatever you CCW. More practice.

But if you are stuck with one of those ... whichever gun feels better on your hand and points naturally.

Interesting. It looks like I'm not the only one who despises the paddle release as HK apparently has two models of the VP9, one with the paddle release and one with a standard button release. That's news to me as the paddle release is a deal breaker for me. YMMV.

See figure 2 here: https://hk-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/Push-Button-Instructional-Supplement-OCT-19-2018.pdf
Americans don't like paddle release. I remember everyone crying when someone asked about a PPS.

I feel like the paddle release is awesome and the best option for conceal carry.

PPS changed the mag release to sh*t button, then ran into a bunch of issues with mags being released when holstered. Granted, this was sh*t engineering.

@drgrant was one of the original haters of the paddle release. We would always get into arguments about it.

Maybe a dumb question since my carry and range gun is the same
But why not a clone of your carry ?

Americans don't like paddle release. I remember everyone crying when someone asked about a PPS.

I feel like the paddle release is awesome and the best option for conceal carry.

PPS changed the mag release to sh*t button, then ran into a bunch of issues with mags being released when holstered. Granted, this was sh*t engineering.

@drgrant was one of the original haters of the paddle release. We would always get into arguments about it.
I had two USPc years back. I sold both and haven't missed them in the least. So my opinions about the paddle release are based on my direct experience with them -- I despise them.

I had two USPc years back. I sold both and haven't missed them in the least. So my opinions about the paddle release are based on my direct experience with them -- I despise them.
I can't imagine why you wouldn't love putting an additional control inside the trigger guard, particularly one that might snag on gloves. You're just wrong.

While reverting to the one true release, you should go get a BAD lever for your AR...or maybe one of those Phase 5 all-in-one jobbies.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't love putting an additional control inside the trigger guard, particularly one that might snag on gloves. You're just wrong.

While reverting to the one true release, you should go get a BAD lever for your AR...or maybe one of those Phase 5 all-in-one jobbies.
Good point on the gloves. I never thought about that.

Damn, it took like 13 years for someone to finally make a good argument besides "waaah, I don't like them".

Your opinion is invalid.
Reported.
[smile]

Just find another 365X
As much as I would like a safe door filled with handguns I could never justify the expense
My only impulse buy was a 92fs, also my first gun that I carried for the first year, Put a 22 conversion on it for now

but an average door can fit only 5 or 6... :rolleyes:

wife recently made a discovery of the content of 1 (one) safe when i tried to find her anything she could rack the slide of. had some explaining to do afterwards.
[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]
Sounds like a reason to buy another gun --- one with a softer recoil spring.

Sounds like a reason to buy another gun --- one with a softer recoil spring.
that was the exact next conversation she started with 'do not even think of...' [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

like, how can you explain to a woman a reason why there are 2 identical (of course their`re not!) cz shadows in there? :) and how many of them i need - with a mistake made to wait for microsecond longer to show that i actually considered that for a question instead of the accusation. :)
all good, though.

G45 is super easy and flat shooting for me coming from primarily shooting and carrying the G19 for years, something about the full size grip and the 19 slide works for me, it feels like I can over power the recoil impulse of the 19 slide with the full size grip. I have mine setup with a ported barrel/slide now and it's even better, but it doesn't really work for carry for me outside of winter months. G45 is what my first line gear is setup for though, mine is stock frame, stock internals & trigger, with a ported barrel/slide, Holosun 507c x2 acss green, and a tlr7a, and that thing is like a laser gun for me.

I own 7 Glocks. I don't understand why you would want a 45. It has a compact slide with a full-size grip. For a range gun or home defense gun, the longer slide from a fullsize gun like a 17 or 34 increases the sight radius, making it easier to shoot accurately. For a concealed carry gun, the full-size grip makes it harder to conceal than a Glock 19, which has a shorter grip. The 19's grip is large enough for most people to easily get all your fingers on the grip.

For a range toy, I suggest you consider a Glock 34. For a home defense gun, I suggest you consider a 17 or 34. For a carry gun, I suggest you consider a 19.

I don't have any experience with a VP9, other than to say that I completely DESPISE the HK magazine release, so I will let others compare Glocks to the VP9.
The shorter sight radius allows most shooters to bring the gun up and align the sights a little faster. The VP9 and G45 and 19X have A similar size slide.
so, is the g45 an exact copy of g19x - or did they alter there anything, at all?
G45 has front slide serrations and is black.

Yeah its black....

The mags on the 19x have smaller baseplates for some ridiculous reason on the 19x glock put a small piece of plastic on the grip going down past the mag so normal mags don't work on 19x's

Gen 4 and earlier black mags will work in a 19X and are less expensive than the brown mags made specifically for the 19X. Gen 3 and earlier will not work if the mag release is reversed for left hand use.

I own a Glock 19X and a Vp9. The VP9 is a dream to shoot but it is far more difficult to repair and magazines are more than double the price of Glock. And there are those Korean Glock mags.
GLOCK 17 9MM 17RD ASIAN MILITARY MAGAZINE

I prefer the short slide full size grip. Accuracy isn't really that different but the ability to get my whole hand comfortablely on the gun allows for much better recoil control. Match that with quicker impulses of a shorter slide. I find these type of guns my favorite to shoot.

Personal preference things though.
When the 19x came out, I thought it was gayer then a bag of dicks. I didn't understand the thought process because of all the boomer gun counter nonsense about sight radius and velocity and accuracy and whatever else. Then I shot a friend's and it clicked. The full grip and snappier impulse, it's hard to explain but it works. I bought a 19x the next day and shot a 2 day Dave Harrington class with it shortly there after and was shocked how well I shot over my G19. It now has an RMR on it so lol at the sight radius. It is my favorite 9mm pistol.

I would buy a G45 in a heartbeat.

The shorter sight radius allows most shooters to bring the gun up and align the sights a little faster. The VP9 and G45 and 19X have A similar size slide.

G45 has front slide serrations and is black.

Gen 4 and earlier black mags will work in a 19X and are less expensive than the brown mags made specifically for the 19X. Gen 3 and earlier will not work if the mag release is reversed for left hand use.

I own a Glock 19X and a Vp9. The VP9 is a dream to shoot but it is far more difficult to repair and magazines are more than double the price of Glock. And there are those Korean Glock mags.
GLOCK 17 9MM 17RD ASIAN MILITARY MAGAZINE
I thought it was the other way gen 5 mags will work but lower ones wont work

Either way stupid to put it there and not make all mags interchangeable...mag compatability are like half the reason peeps keep buying glock

G45 is super easy and flat shooting for me coming from primarily shooting and carrying the G19 for years, something about the full size grip and the 19 slide works for me, it feels like I can over power the recoil impulse of the 19 slide with the full size grip. I have mine setup with a ported barrel/slide now and it's even better, but it doesn't really work for carry for me outside of winter months. G45 is what my first line gear is setup for though, mine is stock frame, stock internals & trigger, with a ported barrel/slide, Holosun 507c x2 acss green, and a tlr7a, and that thing is like a laser gun for me.
I just don't see what it the G45 does than a 17 or 34 won't do better.

When the 19x came out, I thought it was gayer then a bag of dicks. I didn't understand the thought process because of all the boomer gun counter nonsense about sight radius and velocity and accuracy and whatever else. Then I shot a friend's and it clicked. The full grip and snappier impulse, it's hard to explain but it works. I bought a 19x the next day and shot a 2 day Dave Harrington class with it shortly there after and was shocked how well I shot over my G19. It now has an RMR on it so lol at the sight radius. It is my favorite 9mm pistol.

Thats weird

I didnt notice shit of a difference between one and my 17 lol

But i didnt like the gen 5 17s either so idk maybe I'm weird

Gen 4 was my fav

Interesting. That's not what I would expect.

Interesting. That's not what I would expect.
I get it man, I called my buddy a huge social media clout chasing faggot for buying a 19x. Then I shot it, then went and bought one. Granted I was in the market for a 17/34 anyway, but I am glad I went with the 19x. Since then, I have comped the 19x slide and bought a G45 slide that I swap on the frame for use as a suppressor host.

I just don't see what it the G45 does than a 17 or 34 won't do better.
AIWB like a 19, grip like a 17. Which works for me - but I'm built like a radio antenna. Come to December breakfast at HSC, and you can give mine a spin, just for funsies.

I get it man, I called my buddy a huge social media clout chasing faggot for buying a 19x. Then I shot it, then went and bought one. Granted I was in the market for a 17/34 anyway, but I am glad I went with the 19x. Since then, I have comped the 19x slide and bought a G45 slide that I swap on the frame for use as a suppressor host.

I think it come down to with the 17 and 34(even with the slide cut) its just too much mass for a 9mm. A little too sluggish compare to the snap of the 19x.

For 5" 9mm 1911. Its too much slide weight with a factory spring. I have to drop down to 9lbs to get the feeling I like on recoil, but there is still too much weight coming forward. 9mm 1911 would be great with 4.5" A lot of the 2011s have that way.

The HK paddle release design at least isnt as f***ing retarded as the original PPS one, the PPS one is so bad its useless.

The HK paddle on the P7M8 would literally FIRE The magazines out of the gun, with force. [rofl]

HK also offers the choice of a button if people prefer that ... VP9B.

I think it come down to with the 17 and 34(even with the slide cut) its just too much mass for a 9mm. A little too sluggish compare to the snap of the 19x.

For 5" 9mm 1911. Its too much slide weight with a factory spring. I have to drop down to 9lbs to get the feeling I like on recoil, but there is still too much weight coming forward. 9mm 1911 would be great with 4.5" A lot of the 2011s have that way.
My Dan Wesson TCP has the large grip and 4" barrel in 9mm. Easily my favorite handgun. Shoots like a dream!

The HK paddle release design at least isnt as f***ing retarded as the original PPS one, the PPS one is so bad its useless.

The HK paddle on the P7M8 would literally FIRE The magazines out of the gun, with force. [rofl]

HK also offers the choice of a button if people prefer that ... VP9B.
What do you mean? ... they are basically the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom