Drop in Trigger Kits for M&Ps

Remsport Mfg. in Ludlow is now an Apex Tactical Dealer and is waiting on there shipment of Apex Mass. kits this kit retails for $65.00 and includes all you need to give your Mass. M&P a 5.5 to 5 Lbs. trigger.
Contact us to reserve your trigger kit before they sell out. We will also install your kit for you for $50.00. John at Remsport is a certified S&W M&P armorer and your warranty will not be effected.
Remsport Ludlow MA
413 579 1994

Remsport Mfg. in Ludlow is now an Apex Tactical Dealer and is waiting on there shipment of Apex Mass. kits this kit retails for $65.00 and includes all you need to give your Mass. M&P a 5.5 to 5 Lbs. trigger.
Contact us to reserve your trigger kit before they sell out. We will also install your kit for you for $50.00. John at Remsport is a certified S&W M&P armorer and your warranty will not be effected.
Remsport Ludlow MA
413 579 1994

To the best of my knowledge, installing after market parts will affect your warranty even if installed by a qualified armorer.

According to the guys at Smith we've spoken to, they will honor the warranty as long as the factory parts are in the gun when it goes back to the factory.

My statement addressed problems that could occur while the after market parts were still in the pistol, i.e. tort liability for injury caused by a mechanical failure or malfunction. S&W would obviously not be responsible for damages in this case. To make a blanket statement that installing after market parts will not affect the warranty is misleading.

Not exactly what was meant by the warranty statement. Not a blanket statement as to aftermarket parts but to an S&W certified M&P armorer doing work on the M&P pistol. I resend any statement in my previous statement about warranty. Please disregard my post. The statement was not intended to mislead.
We will still be an Apex dealer and make available Apex parts for sale and also offer expert installation of these parts. The original subject of this post was the M&P trigger and not intended for a warranty hijack. Sorry lets please get back on topic.

To clarify my statement about the warranty issue. Smith Customer Service told us that as long as the after market parts are not the cause of the malfunction/problem, they will honor the warranty.

I.E. The customer installs an Apex DCAEK and the barrel ruptures due to a metalurgical issue. The DCAEK parts have nothing to do with the problem, so Smith will honor their warranty.

Would anyone happen to have an M&P sight pusher I could use? In the Central, MA/Metrowest area? I'd be willing to pay for use/time/etc. I've beaten the snot out of the rear sight and it will not budge. Soaked it in penetrating oil and it still won't budge.

Haha yeah I did. If I left that in there after spending that much time on it, I'd probably return my LTC.

You can keep the LTC IMO its a 2A right and you were born with it... The man card however might have needed to be turned in:)

As you know I know for a fact that sight has been off once before...... I'm slightly curious why the trouble.

You have the firearm properly supported VS the support acting as a shock when you hit on it.
you are pushing left to right looking as you are firing the gun.

What tool are you using to beat the snot outta it with?

Last edited:
You can keep the LTC IMO its a 2A right and you were born with it... The man card however might have needed to be turned in:)

As you know I know for a fact that sight has been off once before...... I'm slightly curious why the trouble.

You have the firearm properly supported VS the support acting as a shock when you hit on it.
you are pushing left to right looking as you are firing the gun.

What tool are you using to beat the snot outta it with?

That was my thought too. I knew it was removed before, no idea why it's such an issue now.

I have the slide secured in a vise. I've used three brass punches (destroyed two), a wood block, aluminum punch (like in the apex vids), and a flat head screwdriver. None of that budged it. Pushing left to right also.

I swapped sights on my 1911 recently and that wasn't bad at all.

I once had an M&P that destroyed 2 brass drift punches, and a screw driver. As a last resort, I wound up using a hardened steel punch and a mini sledge hammer to both remove and re-install the stock rear sight. However, it did eventually destroy the brass soft jaws in my vice. ymmv - good luck.

I am amazed. I have removed the sights from three M&Ps with no problems. I wonder what causes this problem in some pistols. I was going to suggest heat but you would probably melt the plastic striker channel liner.

No kidding I did one the other night, unscrewed the set screw and the sight fell off.... Heck I should just get a glock :)

I am amazed. I have removed the sights from three M&Ps with no problems. I wonder what causes this problem in some pistols. I was going to suggest heat but you would probably melt the plastic striker channel liner.

I'm not sure how S&W does it, but when I was at the Sig factory last they were using a manually operated hydrolic press to install sights. Often times the operator has no idea how much pressure they're applying to the sights, which of coarse can cause some to gall into place.

I'm working on a setup here to remove jammed rear sights, but I have no idea how long it will take to have it operational.

Scott

I would highly suggest a sight pusher. Makes the job a non-issue and takes about 2 minutes to install the Apex Ultimate Striker Block. Absolutely NO tool marks anywhere when you're done also. Heck just buy one (MGW pusher works awesome) for about $100 - $120 online, use it and sell it on this forum for near what you paid for it. Then that buyer can do the same thing with it...

Back
Top Bottom