Drop in Trigger Kits for M&Ps

So, If i am reading this correctly. Since i want a 5.5 - 6# trigger for carry then this would be the solution as it is and there would not be an issue with the Mass compliant parts co-existing with the kit other than the slightly higher trigger weight. Am i correct????

You're correct - See my post above. If you've replaced the Stock MA trigger spring with a lighter one , then buy the full DCAEK kit. Install everything but the sear spring and you'll end up with a very nice 6lb trigger. (formally measured weight) If you still have the stock MA trigger spring then just get the Sear and FP block (& Spring)

So, If i am reading this correctly. Since i want a 5.5 - 6# trigger for carry then this would be the solution as it is and there would not be an issue with the Mass compliant parts co-existing with the kit other than the slightly higher trigger weight. Am i correct????

That's correct. The Apex Hard Sear and USB Kit will work with the Mass. parts.

Scott

Duxprep,

According to our S&W Armorer's Manual, the rear sight is supposed to be removed from left to right, however I don't think they taper the dove tail so it shouldn't matter too much.

Totally agree - Your video and others (like Burwells trigger Job) show it that way. I do believe it is tapered. Just the same, I couldn't get it out and the gunsmith took it in back so I couldn't verify exactly how he did it. Probably was left to right but he didn't want to admit he was wrong [wink]

Randy, it's done I soaked the rear sight set screw hole with Kroil overnight.

It was still not easy and I was careful not to do any damage. The sight went back in hard so I think the tolerances were really tight.

For anyone else who wants to do this it's not that bad under an hour taking your time for both jobs, Kroil is avaliable at Brownells and is the best penetrating oil I have ever found.

Thanks for all your help.

Jay

Got my hard sear and USB and installed it. Went from 11lbs. 3 oz. down to 7 lbs. 11 oz.

Still not the 5.5 to 6 that I would hope for although much better and much smoother..

Also, there appears to be a component in mine that is not in your video which holds the trigger bar off the sear unless there is a magazine in the firearm. This would mean the firearm won't fire due to trigger pull without a magazine present. It is needed to insert a magazine in order to do the function test as shown by Randy in the video.

What are your thoughts Flork?

Got my hard sear and USB and installed it. Went from 11lbs. 3 oz. down to 7 lbs. 11 oz.

Still not the 5.5 to 6 that I would hope for although much better and much smoother..

Also, there appears to be a component in mine that is not in your video which holds the trigger bar off the sear unless there is a magazine in the firearm. This would mean the firearm won't fire due to trigger pull without a magazine present. It is needed to insert a magazine in order to do the function test as shown by Randy in the video.

Rick, You've got a Mass Compliant gun don't you? We're working on a Mass. Sear spring that will help reduce trigger pull weight as well. We should have it available soon.

The Magazine Disconnect is a relatively standard feature. CA Compliant guns have it as well. I believe Speed Shooters Specialties has a spring to replace the bar and spring so you can remove that feature if you don't want it.

Scott

Rick, You've got a Mass Compliant gun don't you? We're working on a Mass. Sear spring that will help reduce trigger pull weight as well. We should have it available soon.

The Magazine Disconnect is a relatively standard feature. CA Compliant guns have it as well. I believe Speed Shooters Specialties has a spring to replace the bar and spring so you can remove that feature if you don't want it.

Scott

Hi Flork,

I have no problem with the Magazine Disconnect.... Was just mentioning it because If I had not known better i would have interpreted the function test as demonstrated in the video as an issue and would have believed based on the video that I had bent something or installed the sear incorrectly. Was just passing it along.

Cheers

I finally got to run a couple hundred through my M&P (non-MA 45) with the new sear. Incredible difference - I can't say exactly what the new pull weight is (no trigger pull gauge), but I'm not sure I care - it feels lighter, and the creep that was in the old trigger is just......gone. [smile]

Excellent work, Apex!!

Magazine disconnect and the disassembly wire are not needed. They are retained by the bottom pin, below the sear pin. I simply removed the pin and the non-essential parts. The M&P 9 works just fine.

Magazine disconnect and the disassembly wire are not needed. They are retained by the bottom pin, below the sear pin. I simply removed the pin and the non-essential parts. The M&P 9 works just fine.

Except that you have to pull the trigger to remove the slide. Its not a big deal at all but if you want to keep the yellow bar, you can remove the mag disconnect really easily. If you cut the spring from a click ball point pen in half, its the perfect size to keep the yellow bar in place. Pull the sear pin, remove the mag disconnect and spring, put the half pen spring in place and replace the sear pin. Volla!!!! Functions 100%.

BTW, Flork - Love the sear and striker block. It cleaned up my pro by leaps and bounds. I polished the trigger bar and this thing rocks now. Absolutely no grit what so ever, really (really) light trigger pull and short reset. Can't say enough good things about it. Thanks for a great set of products.

Zero,

Good Idea man. I was looking at something like that, but your solution just means that I can destroy more Apex Pens more quickly. I like it.

Thank you, we're very proud to see that our parts have met with such success.

Just installed an Apex hard sear and trigger return spring on a MA compliant M&P 40c. I don't have a trigger scale, but the trigger pull is much, much better. The installation of the sear was a snap. I had a bit of trouble with the install of the trigger return spring, but using the exacto blade trick mentioned under the Apex how-to video finally worked for me. (I didn't have material to make the dummy pin mentioned in the video.)

I have yet to install the firing pin block and spring. I'll live with it the way it is for 500 rounds and see what happens.

I'd like to thank Apex for a great product. They also shipped my parts very quickly and were friendly and helpful over the phone. Highly recommended for any M&P owners.

Sorry for the delay guys, I've been visiting with the family the past few days.

We're waiting on the Mass. Sear housing to arrive so we can get the springs made up and tested for production. I'm hoping it won't be long. I'm sorry I can't give you guys a solid date, but we don't want to get the springs wrong.

Just installed the Apex Sear on a Mass Trigger M&P. Before the Apex sear the trigger pull was 10.4 lbs, after the Apex sear --- 7.1 lbs. Over a 3 lbs reduction for 20 minutes work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom