Drunk teen things neighbors house is his, enters, shot to death.

more reason to not live in McMansionville. Im impressed the victims parents dont blame the shooter. Some folks still recognize actions have consequences.

The problem was not that the home owner shot him. The problem was that he was drunk (although underage), and entered a house where he wasn't supposed to be.
I've been drunk before.But never to the point where I could mistake another man's house for my own. WTF happened tp parenting, where you had to be at home at a certain time, and you better be sober, or face consequences.

So a kid breaks into a neighbors house because he was drunk (at 16) after slipping out of where he was living (after being grounded)... The police need to pay more attention to where he got drunk than the adult that shot him for B&E. Seriously, the kid broke in, and set of the alarm. Anyone with half a brain cell left would have gotten out of the house once the alarm was sounding.

IF the kid had listened to his parents, he would be alive today.

BTW, how fvcked up do you need to be to mistake another house for your own? Seriously, I don't get it. I've never had that happen, ever.

Call me what you want, but I can't get upset over this. IMO, natural selection at work.

Just a few questions:

1. How'd he get into the house in the first place? Do people not lock their doors?
2. He was so wasted he couldn't even recognize his own home? Or the cars in the driveway?
3. He was driving in this condition?!

Ummmm. Whatever happened to not firing at someone or something without identifying it first? Drunk and assaultive? Or just a drunk kid? I have a light on my gun to see at night just for that particular reason. Target obviously wasn't identified ?

My wife's family had this happen to them back in the early 90s. She was maybe 14 at the time, and was heading upstairs to bed from their basement den. She walks by the living room and there's some strange dude asleep on the couch. She tells her parents, they call the cops from upstairs, and it all gets cleared up. Turns out a friend of one of the neighbors was out drinking and crashed at the wrong house.

Last edited:
Ummmm. Whatever happened to not firing at someone or something without identifying it first? Drunk and assaultive? Or just a drunk kid? I have a light on my gun to see at night just for that particular reason. Target obviously wasn't identified ?

he came in through a window, 9999999 out of 10000000 its an intruder. How was the home owner suppose to know it was just a case of mistaken identity?

he came in through a window, 9999999 out of 10000000 its an intruder. How was the home owner suppose to know it was just a case of mistaken identity?

I've broken into my own house as a kid many of times, sneaking in and out, who hasn't? I'm just glad that 1) we never had an alarm and 2) my father could sleep through a air raid.

Police are continuing to investigate the shooting, but Virginia law gives “wide latitude to people who fear for their safety when someone breaks into their homes,” according to The Washington Post.

Wouldn't you always fear for your safety when someone breaks into your home? Its sad we live in a time where someone breaking into a house can be a "victim".

Just a few questions:

1. How'd he get into the house in the first place? Through a Window Do people not lock their doors?Do parents not give their kids keys?
2. He was so wasted he couldn't even recognize his own home?yes Or the cars in the driveway? He came through the back yard and the cars were probably in the garage
3. He was driving in this condition?!Obviously not if he couldnt recognize his own home, he may have walked or been dropped off by another person
see red

Wow, are you serious?

This is a terrible tragedy. But, I think its a bit of a stretch to blame the shooter in any way. Do you think the shooter knew the motive of the person breaking into the house? Do you think the shooter to wait until the person breaking in becomes violent? Should the occupant of the home check the ID of the home invader first?

Its a terribly unfortunate circumstance. But suggesting that the occupant of the home need more reason to use deadly force than the fact that someone has broken into their home, is not what we need to be doing. The fact that you wake up to a home invader inside of your house is enough reason to fear great bodily harm or death. And frankly, require the occupant to do anything more to identify the motives of the home invader puts the innocent occupant in harms way.

We've got this disease in society that is people who think there must be some answer or someone to blame. Look, bad things happen by accident when you take risks. Sneaking in and out of home when you're 16 and getting that intoxicated is risky. I feel horrible that it happened. But, there is really no great answer in the sky as to this being able to be avoided by some action on the shooters end.

Last edited:
gotta say i've been throw-up-all-over-myself-fall-down-drunk and i've never forgotten where i live. by the time i reach that state 'ol lizard-brain is focusing on one of two things: BED or TOILET. sometimes the two get a little confused, but if i'm sleeping in front of the toilet, at least i am in my own house...

The target was identified as a stranger in the house...good enough reason fo me.

....BTW, how fvcked up do you need to be to mistake another house for your own? Seriously, I don't get it. I've never had that happen, ever.

Then you have never been that blind sh**t faced drunk, and I don't care how many times you've been tanked. When I was stationed in Turkey I found a captain drunk in a toilet stall at the Field Station. He was convinced that he was sitting in his office at Main Ops. Main Ops was three miles away, and his office wasn't a toilet stall. [rolleyes] Hang around enough drunks or get drunk enough yourself and sooner or later you will see or experience just about everything and anything.

Back
Top Bottom