Drunk teen things neighbors house is his, enters, shot to death.

Underage drinking and alcohol abuse are to blame here.

Bullshit, kid screwed up and paid the price. He might have done the same thing sober if what his dad said was true about the houses being very similar, especially in the dark I'm sure. You've never walked up to the same make and model car as yours and tried opening the door by mistake? Its almost a psgwsp scenario but I understand how the kid screwed up and someone legally killed him because of it.

Anytime someone says 'underage drinking' it infuriates me, its irrelevant, there shouldn't be a drinking age.

Anytime someone says 'underage drinking' it infuriates me, its irrelevant, there shouldn't be a drinking age.

Different conversation, but I agree. It is up to the parents to teach their kids about alcohol. So they DONT sneak out to get bombed.

JWP - we all have our own moral code. Mine dictates that I would have a difficult time living with the consequences of shooting an unarmed drunk teenager for the sole crime of breaking into my home. I'm not saying the homeowner in this particular case was wrong because I wasn't there - according to the account in the link, it looks like the kid may have been charging up the stairs at him.

My comments were directed more to the internet tough guys who say they're going to shoot anyone who steps foot in their house uninvited regardless of the circumstances. Just pointing out that killing another human being is a traumatic experience that the vast majority of people are not psychologically equipped to deal with in the aftermath, so it might make sense to plan accordingly.

Also, from a safety perspective, I think a homeowner is 100% more likely to shoot a family member getting a drink of water in the kitchen with this mentality than someone who has been mentally rehearsing trying to take in the entire scenario before firing. Just my opinion.

neighbor hoods have gone to shit....I couldn't ID more than 4 people in my neighbor hood on sight. No ones ever out side, No one wants to do anything....We do have 1 neighbor who has a neighbor hood xmass party but sadly most quest are from the outer neighbor hoods.

I think he did ID this intruder.......he was a intruder he did not belong there period....entered through a window....locked or not that means nothing to me. So drunk he couldnt ID his own home. Ok so maybe he drank more than he ever has BUT to me If you can make it home climb into a window YOU SHOULD be able to ID your own home....at least in the sobering minutes of the alarm going off.
My dads rule.....if your going to stay out.....stay out and stay put. come home safe in the morning. DEal with you then!

Back
Top Bottom