• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Early New Year's Resolution. Take one newbie kid to the range.

rogersmithiii

NES Member
According to recent polls, there are more than 80 million gun owners in the US. Due to the fact that most people would never be honest to a poll taker, I'm guessing the number is far higher.

I'm setting an early, New Year's Resolution to take at least one newbie, under the age of 18 to the range. I plan on teaching the young ones the Eddie Eagle rules about guns, followed up by a gun safety lecture / demo. I then plan on letting the shoot .22 rifle, pistol, and maybe something bigger.

Even if I don't turn them into gun addicted people like most NES people, I will have at least taught them gun safety, got them comfortable around guns, and showed them that gun owners are not knuckle dragging, rednecks, who hate people.

The left understands that keeping kids away from gun culture will make it far easy for the left to brainwash them into supporting gun control, so they are working hard to eliminate mention of guns in school, advertising, allowing kids to shoot, etc.

If even half of those 80 million gun owners takes one kid to the range, we can have a huge impact on the kids who will be coming of age to vote.

I know it's going to be hard, getting a leftist parent and kid to go along, but I'm going to try. All I need is one to say yes, and I've achieved my goal.

I help out with Lady's Day at my club every year, and help teach classes for newbies with a local instructor. I've seen first hand when a new person overcomes their fear, and lands shots downrange. You can't wipe the grin off of their faces, even when they are heading home. Shooting is fun for most people. Every kid that you take to the range, is likely one less vote for gun control.

How about you? Will you take the pledge for 2024?

As the Ramones said during their Ramones Aid telethon, "if you're not in it, you're out of it!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whz_VoCS858

I'm setting an early, New Year's Resolution to take at least one newbie, under the age of 18 to the range. I plan on teaching the young ones the Eddie Eagle rules about guns, followed up by a gun safety lecture / demo. I then plan on letting the shoot .22 rifle, pistol, and maybe something bigger.

Probation called, they need a current photo.

Back
Top Bottom