East German Makarovs

SKS Ray

NES Member
Anyone have input on East German Makarovs? I've got one lined up for purchase at almost $300. I've heard nothing but good things as far as function on these particular models and think the price is fair.

They are fine guns.
May I ask what do you want this gun for?
If you want just a shooter, East German Mak is fine, but if you're looking for some collectable value, I suggest you look for an original Russian made one with no adjustable sights and only in 9mm caliber (not 380). These can be had for about $300 with C&R license.

$300 isn't bad for an EG

I paid just a little less than that for mine. It's a good shooter, ammo is plentiful and not terribly expensive and the EG versions are nicely constructed and finished. It is also Curio & Relic eligible which is what attracted me to it.

I have a BWest import Russian one in 380 that I got off the classifieds here a while back. It shoots great, is accurate, and ultra reliable, but I'd still like to get one in original 9x18. I may carry it for a smaller alternative to my Glock sometimes and like the idea of it having fixed rear sights because I think the adjustable ones on the 380 Russian model have sharp edges and could possibly snag if taking it out of say a pocket for example. Plus the East german ones are C&R, and are part of milsurp history and much like my name implies... milsurps for me.[smile]
As for prices, I've seen the East German ones for $250 or so a while back and all the traditional Russian ones I've seen are between 4 and 6 hundred.[shocked] The one I'm looking at is just under $300 and comes with a military holster. For an extra $50 I could get one with the police log book numbered to that particular gun, but I'm stretching myself buying this one as it is.

I bought one for hubby about 3 years ago for his b-day. I paid $325 for it, so yeah, the price is right. It's an awesome little gun and it looked like it had never been fired.

Back
Top Bottom