• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

German Mauser ??

So my brother inlaw drops off two guns for me too check over & clean for him, The first is a mod98 mauser been in his family for 50+yrs never been fired. He didnt even know what it was, So I know nothing about mausers, I took it all apart to clean dirt etc, all the numbers match it has natzi symbols stamped on it, I found out it was built in 1944 my question are all of these 8mm?? There is nothing marked to tell the caliber. Thanks for any info.

Nice.... for the most part a German Hauser made in 44 will be 8mm. Sure they where converted and could be anything but only sure way to tell is headspace gauge and chamber casting.... these post make me sad. I know 100% there will be no hidden gems popping up in my family...I'm the oldest in my family and have what few guns where in my family....

Nice.... for the most part a German Hauser made in 44 will be 8mm. Sure they where converted and could be anything but only sure way to tell is headspace gauge and chamber casting.... these post make me sad. I know 100% there will be no hidden gems popping up in my family...I'm the oldest in my family and have what few guns where in my family....
Yea I wish this gem was mine, Im going to to a chamber casting to make sure of the caliber before I give it back to him, He is dying to shoot it. I will try to post some pics

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom