Engraving suggestions for family of AR15's

So I picked up 3 consecutively numbered AR lowers for me, my brother (Hanwei) and my little sister who will be graduating from MIT this year.

So we're thinking of doing some sort of common engraving on all 3 along with our first names.

Anyone have any suggestions on who to go to for this job, what to engrave on them?

For my sister, something a little feminine but not hello kitty.

Off the top of my head

First Name
Molon Labe

3129zf8.jpg

Not to seem dumb, but what do these things mean?
I really have no clue.

And yes, my little sis is at MIT and she's on the Pistol team and she does enjoy shooting.

'Molon Labe refers to an ancient Greek expression for "Come and take them!", in reference to unilateral disarmament. Molôn Labé! was the reply of Sparta's King Leonidas to the Persian demand for surrender at the Battle of Thermopylae. The phrase is becoming a modern-day Second Amendment cry of resolve never to disarm in the face of tyranny.'

from wikipedia

So what ever happened in that Sparta vs. Persian Battle of Thermopylae? Who won?

The Greeks were out-flanked, perhaps with the aid of a traitor.

It seems there more than one lesson to be learned from "Molon Labe".

I plan on having my family name (chinese character) engraved on all of mine someday so it will stay in the family and be passed down.

For me, hard to think of one since I don't know your siblings that well. For my wife I'd get an engraving of PenPen from Evangelion (she loves the anime and its a penguin, so fit right in.

If one is a computer geek maybe the Linux Penguin? Instead of thinking generic you may wish to think specific to each person.

So what ever happened in that Sparta vs. Persian Battle of Thermopylae? Who won?

Essentially the Spartans (actually a mixed bag of Greek soldiers) were defeated at Thermopylae after several days of intense fighting. Their loss was due to a traitor as jcr said.

Despite loosing the battle, the Spartans bought enough time for the greeks to repulse the invading Persians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

I need to get some engraving done on my AR as well, please PM me if you find an engraver to do the work. I'll do the same.

There is a key/locksmith place at the woburn mall. Some kid works there and will do each firearm for 10 bucks. Unfortunately no designs So if I wanted just letters/characters I could go to him.

I really don't think engraving on a firearm is any different than engraving on anything else.

Orion arms does fantastic work, He took over for Tom Saywer Engraving. Check out his site lots of pics http://www.orion-arms.com/new/

If you go the Molon Labe here is a popular pic http://orion-arms.com/new/mambots/c...PARTAN-AR.jpg&width=200&height=200&quality=65
Thanks. I have their site bookmarked. I didn't like the idea of shipping it off and waiting but the more I think about it the more that seems more feasible.

UnderWhere:
Do you have a family crest? I was thinking of getting a few stripped lowers engraved with my family crest/coat of arms to put away for my kids. Just a thought.

UnderWhere:
Do you have a family crest? I was thinking of getting a few stripped lowers engraved with my family crest/coat of arms to put away for my kids. Just a thought.

Nope.
No family crest/coat of arms.

Good idea on the lowers. Why not. It's nice to have them and take your time to build them or get input and let your kids build them to their liking.

I actually am thinking of doing a black/white duracoat scheme on mine or my sister's

How about something to do with MIT for your sister, or the MIT pistol team?

Possibly yes. I was considering that but it may be too scholastic for her.
I don't want to her to think of her MCAS exams every time she looks at this thing.

MIT Pistol Team
vs
Harvard Golf Team

Possibly yes. I was considering that but it may be too scholastic for her.
I don't want to her to think of her MCAS exams every time she looks at this thing.

MIT Pistol Team
vs
Harvard Golf Team

Hahaha, true true, I figured if I went to MIT I'd be proud of it, haha. What are you thinking for your black and white theme?

Hahaha, true true, I figured if I went to MIT I'd be proud of it, haha. What are you thinking for your black and white theme?

Thinking of doing parts of the stock, the grip, the railed handguards in white (leaving the handguard covers in black)

My first thought is I.H.T.F.P. for your sister.. but that probably doesn't work so well for a firearm... "Sport Death" if she lives in or is involved with Senior Haus. Otherwise? Something meaningful. But I'm all out of suggestions.

My first thought is I.H.T.F.P. for your sister.. but that probably doesn't work so well for a firearm... "Sport Death" if she lives in or is involved with Senior Haus. Otherwise? Something meaningful. But I'm all out of suggestions.

I'm not so into MIT lingo...

Maybe her Sorority letters...

That could be cool. Is there a significance or just an idea?
Nope. Just never seen it done and thought maybe it would look cool.

Back
Top Bottom