"evil features" and a pump action

Noob question here.....
I know there are those five evil features when it comes to rifles that make them illegal (still wondering who the heck could get a grenade launcher, but anyways) but I picked up a Mossberg 88 today, nothing spectacular, just something for home defense... was looking into changing the stock out, looking for a pistol grip with a butt-stock.... I keep seeing ones around the net with folding or collapsible stock options with the pistol grip.... I know that if that were an AR-15 it would be a no-no unless I pinned the adjustable stock in place, essentially making it non-adjustable........ do those evil feature laws apply to pump action shotguns also, or are you allowed to pimp it out to your hearts desire without pissing of the man?

cool, I figured as much since one of my coworkers has gone nuts with his, but I just wanted to be sure... I'm assuming if I had some form of semi-auto shotgun, that's when "evil" would come into play

Shotguns:
(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.

NOTE: Given (D) this means that break open, pump, bolt action shotguns are exempt from the AWB.

just to clarify...
i have a mossberg 500 with a forward pistol grip and a full stock, its the 500 410HS version if you wanna see a pic to understand what i mean Mossberg_500_HS4_4c842a6fa3a94_medium.jpg . would it be legal in MA to put a rear pistol grip onto that since it is pump?

Back
Top Bottom