Fatal Shooting in Worcester by Westborough LTC holder UPDATE: Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter! 4-7 Year Sentence with 77 Days Credit.

My guess because there hasn't been any info released on the "victim" that the State is in a conundrum. The victim is an as*hole that has a history of terrible behavior and it was only a matter of time. The State can't allow people to defend themselves. But it was a "good shoot" So now what. Also Kimbers rule :D
May or may not have been a good shoot, but theres a certain type of person who will smash the window of a stranger over a minor traffic offense or an unkind word. This guy was likely that type. Both these guys learned a lesson that day

May or may not have been a good shoot, but theres a certain type of person who will smash the window of a stranger over a minor traffic offense or an unkind word. This guy was likely that type. Both these guys learned a lesson that day
We don’t know what the cause of the broken window was, or who caused it to break.

We don’t know what the cause of the broken window was, or who caused it to break.
For now, yeah. If the kid shot through the window and dead guy didnt have a gun hes f***ed. If dead guy smashed the window and had no weapon, kid is still f***ed. If dead guy smashed the window with something that could pass as a weapon, kid has a shot at at least not ending up in prison, but still f***ed, just to a lesser degree.

For now, yeah. If the kid shot through the window and dead guy didnt have a gun hes f***ed. If dead guy smashed the window and had no weapon, kid is still f***ed. If dead guy smashed the window with something that could pass as a weapon, kid has a shot at at least not ending up in prison, but still f***ed, just to a lesser degree.

I'd say if they guy smashed thru the window, especially bare handed I'd be scared af because if he's that high/crazy/impervious to pain- he was likely to try to kill me.

No victim name.
No victim conduct history.
No shooter history.
No version of anyone's story released other than the shooters statement on 12/7.

My Internet forensic skills are as good as anyone's! :)

However, there really is nothing out there to really know what the hell happened that morning.

The takeaway from all of this is: In MA, leave your gun at home.
That’s not the takeaway yet. We don’t know the facts of the case or the outcome. It could be that the person in the car completely wrongfully shot the person, in which case he would be charged appropriately and that wouldn’t be the takeaway. And it could be that he was completely wrongfully charged, his life was in immediate danger, and he ends up beating it. And that wouldn’t be the takeaway.

Let’s just wait to find out the facts.

Too early to say, but there are a few lessons so far.
-don't get into it with strangers
-don't make pit stops in big dump cities
-have a non lethal alternative to your firearm
-a dash cam can help if you do the right thing but hurt if you don't

Too early to say, but there are a few lessons so far.
-don't get into it with strangers
-don't make pit stops in big dump cities
-have a non lethal alternative to your firearm
-a dash cam can help if you do the right thing but hurt if you don't

"Running over problems may be cheaper"

"Running over problems may be cheaper"
Hitting him with the car would have definitely been better (much better if he didn’t talk to cops afterwards too). With the car he could say he was attempting to flee as Massachusetts requires and the dead guy died during that. The intent with a gun shot would be harder to say was defensive especially if the window wasn’t broken before the shot, there’s a distance involved, etc. and ADAs and juries in Massachusetts don’t get the vapors at hearing about a scary gun

No victim name.
No victim conduct history.
No shooter history.
No version of anyone's story released other than the shooters statement on 12/7.

My Internet forensic skills are as good as anyone's! :)

However, there really is nothing out there to really know what the hell happened that morning.
Somehow you missed the social media on the victim? Puerto Rican, custom car nerd, family guy, based on a post in Spanish he appeared to be openly anti-gang, worked in car washes / car detailing. With some cursory scanning his profile looked less 'interesting' than the typical "better to be judged by 12" BS that some will post.

That said, I agree there is not enough info to judge fault other than it's likely both were being a-holes / idiots.

Somehow you missed the social media on the victim? Puerto Rican, custom car nerd, family guy, based on a post in Spanish he appeared to be openly anti-gang, worked in car washes / car detailing. With some cursory scanning his profile looked less 'interesting' than the typical "better to be judged by 12" BS that some will post.

That said, I agree there is not enough info to judge fault other than it's likely both were being a-holes / idiots.
Was it him or a friend posting about the victim? I really couldn't tell.

Maybe? Too early to tell. Personally, I'm not going to automatically side with someone because he had a LTC. The fact that he did is a general indicator that he's not a shitbird as nobody with serious convictions will get one, but it's no indicator that it was a good or bad shoot.

I see how this is going for many who are already passing judgement: White guy with LTC from inside the 495 burbs shoots and kills inner city brown person in big dump city = good shoot. I'll wait for more facts. Was it a good shoot and the deceased simply earned his Darwin? So far I'm not seeing any evidence to indicate that. At this point it could also be a senseless loss of life resulting from a fight between two @ssholes.

I'd say if they guy smashed thru the window, especially bare handed I'd be scared af because if he's that high/crazy/impervious to pain- he was likely to try to kill me.
If the window was down at all just grabbing it and pulling outward will smash it - still screw up your hands unless you have gloves though

Still very strange no more info on incident/shooting. I drove to Helfand's Deli on Highland Ave. a few weeks ago which is near location of shooting. Typical Worcester neighborhood with store fronts and many 2/3 Decker apartment buildings.

Still very strange no more info on incident/shooting. I drove to Helfand's Deli on Highland Ave. a few weeks ago which is near location of shooting. Typical Worcester neighborhood with store fronts and many 2/3 Decker apartment buildings.
they're trying to figure out how to make him guilty without having to talk about the man he shot

Back
Top Bottom