Fatal Shooting in Worcester by Westborough LTC holder UPDATE: Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter! 4-7 Year Sentence with 77 Days Credit.

Call me nuts but I am completely lost as to reading your belief that the NH is guilty yet the Worcester shooting is different. I'm sorry but I can't get my head around that.
The facts of the two cases are wildly different.

In the former, there was an ineffective b-slap; in the other, the assailant broke a window with his bare hand.
Mesatchornug stated it succinctly. Now I may be totally wrong on the Worcester case, but based on the facts as I know them today I think I am right. I do not know what facts will be introduced at trial that I am not privy to, and how they will alter my opinion of the event. Guess I'll have to wait until March for that.

not even close to evenly matched. the puncher was 5'5" 135lb wet. The guy he hit, the shooter, is 6'2" 225#...he mag dumped into the puncher. it's all on video
Not that I want to get involved in debating this NH case, but didn't I read somewhere that the "little guy" was some sort of Martial Arts Black Belt?

That would go a long way toward explaining why he and his friends were punching and harassing the "big guy." 🤔

Not that I want to get involved in debating this NH case, but didn't I read somewhere that the "little guy" was some sort of Martial Arts Black Belt?

That would go a long way toward explaining why he and his friends were punching and harnessing the "big guy." 🤔
If true, the McDojo he bought it from should be outed immediately. Friends don't let friends learn that pathetic punch.

edit -
Looks to be true:

Z10 Gibsons Gym in Manchester

didn't I read somewhere that the "little guy" was some sort of Martial Arts Black Belt?
karate-kung-fu-kid-nck0zloxjjnrk775.gif

That would go a long way toward explaining why he and his friends were punching and harassing the "big guy." 🤔
Pretty common for little guys to have a go at a big guy for street cred. The risk benefit analysis tends to be in their favor:

1. The big guy has nothing to gain by beating them very badly and so will usually deliver the minimum amount of punishment needed.
2. The little guy gets social points for having the balls to try.
3. If the little guy wins, he wins the social jackpot.

I took 6 Aleve to kill the pain in my head over shooting an angry toddler thingy so It should kick in soon. I need to eat and get ready for my class this evening.

If true, the McDojo he bought it from should be outed immediately. Friends don't let friends learn that pathetic punch.

edit -
Looks to be true:

Z10 Gibsons Gym in Manchester
Takekwondo - they kick hard but punching is not their thing. Clearly…

Is the video of the NH shooting still out there?
There was at one point. There was also a more detailed story as well. Started inside the bar, flowed outside, someone in the victims group approached the shooter and tried to pepper spray him, the shooter showed his gun with a warning, the deceased then approached punching the shooter in the head.

then hopefully you never find yourself in a situation where you get punched because it sounds like you'll end up in jail.
If you follow the Ccw sub on Reddit, I'm always surprised by the amount of people who carry are willing to go to deadly force at the slightest provocation. I was reading one today when the guy claimed that someone in his apartment complex jiggled his door knob. The poster said that he went in the other room and grabbed his home defense pistol and yelled through the door to go away or he will shoot him in the face. Maybe these people are just karma farming but I see these stories all the time.

"will you base your instructions on the Law?"

Something like that. This was years ago. I think it got discussed in a thread here a while back.

IIRC the defendant was charged with possessing a gun without a license. If that was the extent of his "crime" I'd have let him go, IN accordance with the law.

I would think that asking about NES is way down the list of questions. 🤔

They'd disqualify me long before they got to that! [laugh]
I'm thinking more about questions like:
  • Do you have an LTC from this or any other state?
  • Do you own any firearms? How many? Any handguns? Any AR15s?
  • Have you publicly expressed any opinion about armed self defense?
  • Do you ever carry a gun for self defense?
  • Are you a member of any gun advocacy organizations?
LTC would probably be enough for a peremptory challenge; the variable is if the court felt that challenging someone because they carried a gun for defense created a "there but for the grace of God go I" bias on the part of such a potential juror and "for cause" exclusion requests by the prosecution would be honored..

It slices a both ways. The defense probably would not want someone who was a member of a group that lobbied against commoners carrying guns on the jury.

Remember, the prosecution's job is to secure a conviction, not obtain an unbiased jury.

Last edited:
There is no easy answer. I'm not arguing what is right versus wrong. I arguing about what little I know about deadly force law.

When Trayvon Martin mounted George Zimmerman and was slamming his head into a concrete sidewalk (substantiated by the wound to the back of Zimmerman's head), that was immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury. Zimmerman was subsequently acquitted.

But two relatively evenly matched men standing up and throwing punches? Yes, in rare occasions that has resulted in death. But it is my understanding that it is rarely considered by the courts to be immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury. In such cases, responding with OC spray would likely be more defensible in court.
If someone decks you, and you absoluely **** the **** out them "in self defense", you'll have just as bad of a life-wrecking felony for that as 2nd degree. For the same reason you should shoot until the threat is neutralized, you have to keep punching until the threat is neutralized. If shooting someoen who punched you is 2nd degee, then what will that same jury do if you beat the guy all the way into the ICU? At some point we need to decide if we are going to be a civilized and free society and pay the cleaning fee for doing so, and decide if the individual right to peace and well-being trumps all else. I literally do not car how it starts, who you are, or whatever, you strike someone in the head, I personally consider that an attempt on someone's life. Time to clean the world up, and I don't care if a bunch of punks fertilize the earth in the process.

If someone decks you, and you absoluely **** the **** out them "in self defense", you'll have just as bad of a life-wrecking felony for that as 2nd degree. For the same reason you should shoot until the threat is neutralized, you have to keep punching until the threat is neutralized. If shooting someoen who punched you is 2nd degee, then what will that same jury do if you beat the guy all the way into the ICU?
This is what I wonder as well. If Manchester big guy punches little guy back - who gets knocked out and splits his skull on the pavement - what's the verdict?

What's the guy supposed to do? (Beyond first avoiding stupid places at stupid times with stupid people).

This is what I wonder as well. If Manchester big guy punches little guy back - who gets knocked out and splits his skull on the pavement - what's the verdict?

What's the guy supposed to do? (Beyond first avoiding stupid places at stupid times with stupid people).
I'll tell my recent story. I had placed myself in a high-risk situation, and trouble found me. Parking garage, shitty area. An individual was loitering just past the ticket gate. No bags or anything. Initial benefit of the doubt is he was walking towards the garage entrance of the building's lobby (which served as my exit) from the street as a legit shortcut. This guy was about 25 yards from me at T=0. I veered right to go down the row where I had parked (T=3 seconds). At T=4s, this individual adjusted his vector towards me accordingly and increased pace slightly while making eye contact. At T=6s, I decided to call bullshit as our gap had closed by a good 25%. I unzipped my laptop case, reached in and placed my hand on the grips of my pistol without making any part of it visible. I did this while maintaining eye contact. Mr.McFckypants broke eye contact and nonchalantly moseyed away neither towards the street nor the lobby. Once in my vehicle, doors were locked and gun was on passenger seat until I was well clear of the situation. Had he charged me or produced a weapon, I had life-altering decisions to make.... It ended well enough, but you have seconds to think and react to these things.... I stand by my decisions for that incident. At 50 feet, if the guy broke out in a run with a knife, you have about 2-3 seconds before he's on you. If he produces a firearm first, you're screwed....

Last edited:
If someone decks you, and you absoluely **** the **** out them "in self defense", you'll have just as bad of a life-wrecking felony for that as 2nd degree. For the same reason you should shoot until the threat is neutralized, you have to keep punching until the threat is neutralized. If shooting someoen who punched you is 2nd degee, then what will that same jury do if you beat the guy all the way into the ICU? At some point we need to decide if we are going to be a civilized and free society and pay the cleaning fee for doing so, and decide if the individual right to peace and well-being trumps all else. I literally do not car how it starts, who you are, or whatever, you strike someone in the head, I personally consider that an attempt on someone's life. Time to clean the world up, and I don't care if a bunch of punks fertilize the earth in the process.

Would this be considered "purge mentality"?

I've been reading this thread and found myself wondering...if the big guy had been a cop and he was accosted by a smaller guy who was allegedly a black belt in the martial arts and was also allegedly carrying bras knuckles, would Mr. Cop be cleared for shooting the guy dead? My guess would be yes seeing how these situations have played themselves out historically. I don't see the difference myself.

Last edited:
I've been reading this thread and found myself wondering...if the big guy had been a cop and he was accosted by a smaller guy who was allegedly a black belt in the martial arts and was also allegedly carrying bras knuckles, would Mr. Cop be cleared for shooting the guy dead? My guess would be yes seeing how these situations have played play themselves out historically. I don't see the difference myself.
Yes. Black belts or anyone considered advanced in martial arts’ fists or limbs are not considered deadly weapons by virtue of combat level, contrary to popular belief. However, although in some states brass knuckles are not illegal to possess, assault with brass knuckles is considered assault with a deadly weapon and lethal force may be used to thwart the threat and will be justified. The shooting would be self defense against deadly force and justified.

Then I'm sorry, if we use the same yard stick the Worcester shooter is guilty then.

Well one problem is is you're conflating the two cases together and I don't think either one of them is equivalent; assuming you're talking about the guy who shot the other guy in Manchester that incident almost rises to mutual combat which takes an entirely different course in a court of law. The level of f***ery around thus Worcester thing tells me there's severe f***ery afoot in the legal system WRT this case.

If you follow the Ccw sub on Reddit, I'm always surprised by the amount of people who carry are willing to go to deadly force at the slightest provocation. I was reading one today when the guy claimed that someone in his apartment complex jiggled his door knob. The poster said that he went in the other room and grabbed his home defense pistol and yelled through the door to go away or he will shoot him in the face. Maybe these people are just karma farming but I see these stories all the time.
Probably because they assume that's the way the world should operate and they're not wrong unfortunately the lawr doesn't back that up.

If I had kids I'd basically tell them that if they ever assaulted a rando don't be surprised if said rando doesn't just try to kill them, it likely doesn't take much to find people these days right on the edge.

When you look at retard conferences, you really have to identify whether or not somebody tried to disengage in the midst of everything... if it's mutual combat, then all of a sudden things become a lot murkier. Specially given somebody arguing " oh I was in fear for my life yet I kept chasing after the guy" 🤣 obviously that kind of thing doesn't wash very well in a court of law.

Back
Top Bottom