FBI raided home of former state senator Dean Tran

God I hate most media outlets. That article is a jumble of garbage.

From it I'm supposed to believe he "stole" a firearm and "forced" the seller by paying $1500? Sounds more like a normal gun transaction?

I have no idea who this guy is. Never heard if him before so I can't make any judgements from the useless Globe.

"The indictment also alleges that Tran made false statements on a renewal application for a license to carry a gun in May 2019.

Tran denied the charges and in response filed a lawsuit in federal court against then-Attorney General Maura Healey, in which he accuses her of a politically motivated attack. Her office filed a motion to dismiss the suit".

This is why...he kicked a hornet's nest.

First, what did he do to mislead? Whatever it was, that was stupid. If all the Feds had were the lady's testimony he should have it was just a sale. Disagree with her on what transpired. If that is what happened.

Second the other charges are really stacked up. If he made those decisions then he is going to jail. Bad call

From it I'm supposed to believe he "stole" a firearm and "forced" the seller by paying $1500? Sounds more like a normal gun transaction?

I have no idea who this guy is. Never heard if him before so I can't make any judgements from the useless Globe.
Intimidated the widow into selling him a bunch of guns for the value of one or two. That’s theft.

Returned them when it came out and then went into her home and took a 1911 while she hid in her bedroom. Returned THAT to her when discovered.

Tran is a shitbag. Has zero to do with his political affiliation.

Intimidated the widow into selling him a bunch of guns for the value of one or two. That’s theft.

Returned them when it came out and then went into her home and took a 1911 while she hid in her bedroom. Returned THAT to her when discovered.

I remember reading about this...

That's fair. The article makes it sound like he bought one gun for $1500.

Say it is one firearm

The search comes as Tran, a Republican, faces six charges in a separate case related to a 2019 incident in which he allegedly stole a gun from an elderly constituent and misled investigators about what happened.

That case, which was filed in Worcester Superior Court, is ongoing.

According to the Attorney General’s office, Tran used his position as an elected official to intimidate an elderly constituent into giving him at least eight of her late husband’s guns. He allegedly made her sign a contract and paid her $1,500 in cash.

It seems more like the claim is the elderly lady had a collection of firearms
He paid her $1500
I assume that $1500 figure is too low

Comparison would be the person who talks the elderly lady into selling her home for 25% of the value

Does anyone know his actual business/job?
Every time I read is he is a businessman / comes from a successful business family but I see nothing online of what business he owns

Say it is one firearm

It seems more like the claim is the elderly lady had a collection of firearms
He paid her $1500
I assume that $1500 figure is too low

Comparison would be the person who talks the elderly lady into selling her home for 25% of the value

Does anyone know his actual business/job?
Every time I read is he is a businessman / comes from a successful business family but I see nothing online of what business he owns

I'm on board he's a shit bag. I'm saying the Globe are bigger, illiterate shitbags.

According to the Attorney General’s office, Tran used his position as an elected official to intimidate an elderly constituent into giving him at least eight of her late husband’s guns. He allegedly made her sign a contract and paid her $1,500 in cash.

A Worcester grand jury indicted last year Tran on charges of filing an application for a license to carry containing false information, larceny of a firearm, larceny over $250 from a person who is elderly or disabled, misleading a police investigation, obtaining a signature by false pretenses with intent to defraud, and stealing by confining or putting in fear.

The indictment also alleges that Tran made false statements on a renewal application for a license to carry a gun in May 2019.

Sounds like it's all based on this one case - I'm going to bet that the children or grandchildren of said elderly seller have decided that the 8 shitty guns he bought are worth millions. How often has that happened???

Ergo, the state now charges he lied on the LTC forms because somehow he's guilty of a crime that he didn't commit.

And I'm not a big Dean Tran fan. He strikes me as a guy that plays a bit fast and loose. Best when kicking hornets nests to be above reproach.

Yet Hunter gets a pass. Lovely system if you know what set of rules to follow.
system is indeed lovely as democrats made it into their own private enforcement mechanism to prosecute their enemies. there is no law and no justice, just a hammer to smash non-friendlies.
purest form of the tribalism with no way to affect its actions.

Since when lowballing and PAYING becomes STEALING and gets FBI attention? Y’all better watch out next time you try to lowball me on my WTS ads.

Dean Tran is as pro2A a politician as you can get in Massachusetts. He came from a hard working Vietnamese immigrant background and he built a successful small business. Even if alleged acts were at full face value as the article stated, I say it’s targeted enforcement at best.

Since when lowballing and PAYING becomes STEALING and gets FBI attention? Y’all better watch out next time you try to lowball me on my WTS ads.

Dean Tran is as pro2A a politician as you can get in Massachusetts. He came from a hard working Vietnamese immigrant background and he built a successful small business. Even if alleged acts were at full face value as the article stated, I say it’s targeted enforcement at best.
Read the indictment - Former State Senator Dean Tran Charged With Intimidating an Elderly Constituent, Stealing a Firearm, and Misleading Investigators

If true (and I emphasize if) some lines may have been crossed.

But, it raises another interesting issue - at what point does buying a deceased person's property at an opportunistic price from an elderly next of kin become financial fraud? I will not let my guns be bought by some vulture after I am dead .... which means that if you get an invite to my house after I am dead it would be wise for you to accept the invite to get some post mortem karma :D

Of course, these accusations are 3 yrs old and very fishy. It's about guns and a Republican, if Tran was a good Democrat and swindled some little old lady out of her husband's Vette there would be nothing to see here. Hunter extorts foreign business's and launders the money, bangs whores, lies on a 4473, "loses" the gun in a trash can outside a school and gets sweetheart deal.

Oh come on now. You act like the relative of a Democrat could collude with foreign officials, buy a gun while an active drug user and commit fraud and never serve a day in jail. That would never happen. [rofl]

face-with-rolling-eyes_1f644.gif

LOL

Back
Top Bottom