• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Federal T.R.U .308 ammo

Hey guys and gals. I'm reporting from Altoona, Pa where my daughter resides and had some day surgery done this morning. In her time in recovery, I managed to find a shop nearby called East Coast Gun sales. This place will make you drool. Anyway, I asked to see what they had in stock for match .308 and they brought out the usual Fed Gold medal, Hornady Tap, and this other product from Federal called "TRU". Tactical Rifle Urban. The gentleman helping me is a local cop who also shoots long range. He claims this ammo is incredible. I took his word for it and after a pricing issue with the computer, I got a couple boxes worth $32 each for $15 a box. Do anyone know of this ammo?, How good it is, etc, etc. Also, the tip looks somewhat odd. It is a hollow point, but sourrounding the point is somewhat of a crimp on four sides. This is when I wish I had my camera.

Anyhow, as soon as I get back, I'll post a pick of both the box and the awkward looking hollow point.

check out www.eastcoastgunsales.com.

Matt

Well, these days $15 a box for .308 is a good price for plain old FMJ. Sounds like you got a steal. TRU is Federal's premium "tactical" line ammo meant for use in DMR-type rifles.

Here are some pics. I'm sorry, but explain to me what a "DMR"-type rifle. I'm not good with abreviations. Thanks, Matt
Picture450.jpg

Picture452.jpg

Last edited:
Good info. Thanks guys. I was just a bit skeptical of this type of hollowpoint since I've really never seen it before. I'm anxious to see if it compares to Gold Medal, which in my opinion, is the best I've fired out of my Remmy 700P. Besides, it's fun trying out new ammo. I also pick up a box of Hornady T.A.P 155gr. for $20 to try out for the hell of it. Looks pretty good.

Picture453.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a box of TAP but I'm afraid to use it because it's so expensive...

And my PSS does just fine with SA surplus, although the price of that stuff is almost as high as the premium American made stuff these days.

Back
Top Bottom