• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fightlite Build.

Okay PSA Upper it is. Could give a damn about whose name is on it as long as it is reliable and as accurate as I am. I am far from a brand-name whore. For the price of the upper I was looking at, I can get a decent bolt and a brake with a PSA or Radical firearms upper. I just learned yesterday I could go with a standard AR lower but then I would have to go with a fixed mag and I'm not sure I want to deal with breaking it down just to reload the mag. Have any of you tried any of those speed loaders that reminded me of a striper clip in a way?
PSA doesn't ship to CT. My go-to AR sites are AR15discounts.com and aero precision. I think AR15discounts is still having their sale on uppers. Aero will make you sign a form stating your purchase is for a legal build. FWIW, I have 3 16" uppers and a p/w 14.5...2 are Aero, one is DD (Daniel Defense) and one is a no-name from AR15discounts. The no-name upper is my most accurate it seems, hit 10/10 on a 3" plate at 200 yards a couple weeks back, and all on the center.
Edit to add...aimsurplus.com is a good site as well.

Last edited:
This is what I’ve heard about Optics Planet. There are much better vendors.
I have been lucky. I order some reloading components from them every other month and they ship right away.

Where I have seen them run into issues is with brand new products. For example, I ordered an RCBS Furnace for casting back in 2017, when the new one came out. It took a year to ship, I had forgotten I ordered it, LOL.

But with things that are not bran new, such as some gun parts, bullets, dies ... no issues.

Also, their prices tend to s*ck for many products, that is why I don't order more often. For example, I have noticed with scopes they are almost always higher than other websites, even with their constant X% OFF (which is bullsh*t). However, they do have the best price for a particular bullet I use for reloading.

Yup! Although I was informed the other day that I can do a pistol grip but it would have to be a fixed mag setup. other than cost I don't care about a pistol grip.
What State is that?

Sounds a lot like MA or maybe California?

Found this late last night while I couldn't sleep. How do the specs look to you guys? With the 10-round Magpul mag and the $60 comp, it comes to about $340. I'm just not sure if the barrel is any good. I don't know what to look for in a barrel.

This is what I’ve heard about Optics Planet. There are much better vendors.
Optics planet is a shadow proxy. They have their place, but they are not real. Nothing they have technically is held by them. It's held by some vendor in some space on some regional location. Not THEM.

That said. I like their model, and it had cut things properly to make other vendors stop being dicks.

They were like the BnH photos of the world for a bit, but are now more like a random Clearinghouse.

Mostly, they're often unclear about the actual stock levels of products. If it says "in stock" it is; anything else means it's a backorder and could take months.
Twice I’ve ordered in stock items and right after they sent an email saying OOS but should ship in “x amount of days”, that turned into months and one was 1.5yrs later they notified me it was in stock and would ship ‘next week’ right after I cancelled it. lol Never again.

Twice I’ve ordered in stock items and right after they sent an email saying OOS but should ship in “x amount of days”, that turned into months and one was 1.5yrs later they notified me it was in stock and would ship ‘next week’ right after I cancelled it. lol Never again.
Wow. I guess I've been lucky on that part. But I also almost never buy from them because of all the warning stories on here.

There's a sub-forum regarding CT law that you need to read.

300 BLK does not run better through a 10.5" barrel- it simply performs better than other calibers when shooting subsonic rounds through a short barrel. IDK if you can have a suppressor in CT, but unless you do have one there is no reason to run subsonic rounds. 125 grain 300 BLK loaded to normal (supersonic) specs is a nice short range defensive round.

Unless you have a dog you really don't like and you think you look fabulous in an orange jumpsuit, you need to stop with the SBR activity until you have an approved Form 1 for a SBR. No clue how that works with CT law, thus the recommendation to read that sub-forum and ask CT legal questions there- after you read up.

I strongly suggest you just get a barrel that is either 16" already or a ~14" barrel that can reach 16" with a pinned and welded muzzle device (assuming that's what you need in CT). Assuming you can get a SBR in CT, you'll have to go through the hassle of getting fingerprints, filing and submitting the form, shelling out $200, spending ~$60+ for engraving, plus waiting for approval. Given your budget build oriented questions, doesn't sound like spending the money to file for SBR is a wise decision. Make something that is 16" when finished and spend that $200 on ammo.

A lot of people do it so you are not alone, but burying yourself in over-complication is only getting in the way of you having fun at the range. You should already be shooting something.
or...or we could just see what happens with a 10in lever-ar barrel

Back
Top Bottom