• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fightlite Build.

I also have a Radical Firearms 18" .223 Wylde 1:8 S.S. that I picked up from Primary Arms for a song ($160). I wasn't expecting much, but it turns out they seem to make decent stuff. PA currently has the Radical Firearms 5.56 SOCOM Complete AR-15 Upper in stock for $410. PA is a good source for a variety of different manufactures, everything from Del-ton to Geissele/Daniel Defense/Radian.

op gun broker may be your friend as well.. or if you want any 6.8 uppers i have 2 for sale id ship
That is tempting and appreciate the offer. I really want to go 300 Blackout. I know the 16" barrel is not optimal but it's the only choice I have. Unless I pin and weld the suppressor.

Last edited:
I have to say, thanks for posting - I had no idea they had developed a funky recoil/buffer system like that.

No opinion other than "buy once cry once" -- get a known-good quality complete upper with bolt assembly and swap the parts you need.

I have to say, thanks for posting - I had no idea they had developed a funky recoil/buffer system like that.

No opinion other than "buy once cry once" -- get a known-good quality complete upper with bolt assembly and swap the parts you need.

They also sell a pistol lower for a pirate style 300blk shorty.

They also sell a pistol lower for a pirate style 300blk shorty.

They should make a Blunderbuss upper for that. The ultimate novelty gun.

From what I understand it's very similar to a semi-auto shotgun bolt. Do you have any brands in mind? I looked at Stag but they are not available.

cure GIF

Butthurt. It's a thing.

I've learned some things from this thread. There are lever-action ARs and, apparently, pirate-pistol lowers. What won't they think of next?

From what I understand it's very similar to a semi-auto shotgun bolt. Do you have any brands in mind? I looked at Stag but they are not available.
Hrmf. Prices have gone weird. Uh, in your range-ish? (ISH, these are 700-800)

CMMG

LWRCI has a great deal on their "pistol conversion upper" - no BCG, but it's quite a deal. (bummer doesn't get their labor day 15% on top of that)

That is tempting and appreciate the offer. I really want to go 300 Blackout. I know the 16" barrel is not optimal but it's the only choice I have. Unless I pin and weld the suppressor.
Buy mine or don't.. idgaf

But let me extoll the virtues of 6.8 in hopes that you'll be a cool kid and buy some form of 6.8

It does all the things 300 black can do but it also can smack down a hog at 400 yds... and I'm not talking about a fatty from new haven

Better top end ballistics but you can still do supressory things with it if you so choose

cure GIF

Butthurt. It's a thing.

I've learned some things from this thread. There are lever-action ARs and, apparently, pirate-pistol lowers. What won't they think of next?
Maybe small lever-ar's that can fit in a pirates bandolier?

How sick would black beard look if instead of flint locks...he had quad railed lever-ars

I also haven't slept much this weekend so that should explain this post

Maybe small lever-ar's that can fit in a pirates bandolier?

How sick would black beard look if instead of flint locks...he had quad railed lever-ars

I also haven't slept much this weekend so that should explain this post

Nah. Blackbeard don't need no rails. Blackbeard would have an AK.

Hello everyone. I just ordered a Fightlite lower the other night and am now on the hunt for an upper. I'm looking for something more on the budget-friendly side. I looked at PSA and Bear Creak already. Are there any other companies you would recommend? I'm curious if anyone has built one of these. I have never done this before and am not sure if a complete upper is the way to go or part it out pees by pees. I would like to be around the $500 mark for the upper. Also not sure if I would be better off getting complete BCG and snagging the bolt off it or just getting the bolt and firing pin separately. Any tips or suggestions are more than welcome. Just be nice to the gun building noob
icon_smile_big.gif
. Thanks in advance.

Also if I could get some recommendations on a brake that will allow a suppressor attached to it that would be great too. I was looking at the Q chary bomb but know nothing about brakes.
Someone else has already mentioned Radical, so +1 for them. I have two of their uppers- one in 458 SOCOM and one in 300 BLK. I bought the 458 SOCOM one to check out the caliber for reasonable money. I have put thousands of rounds through the Radical 458 with zero issues. I haven't shot the 300 BLK as much but have had zero issues so far.

Anderson (aka Poverty Pony) makes very solid and serviceable stuff too.

I have some high end uppers (White Oak, Compass Lake, Wilson Combat etc.) for my match rifles so I am not ignorant of the supposedly better uppers. So far Radical and Anderson are AOK in my book. Aero will cost a little more but IMHO is a great value.

If you don't need the entire BCG, it is very easy to buy complete uppers without a BCG. I recommend not buying a BCG and via the money you save buy a top shelf bolt such as JP Enterprises or Wilson Combat. Much of an upper's smooth function has to do with the quality of the bolt fit and finish. At least get an Aero, Seekins Precision, or Spikes Tactical bolt, IMHO of course.

And shame on you for posting a gun question on a gun forum. Don't you know you are supposed to come here to sh!tpost and flex on the poors over the new Lambo you just bought? [laugh]

BCA works - fit and finish varies but good performance for the price ($211.41 right now)
I have two BCA rear charging uppers
16" 300AAC
20" 223 Wylde

The blackout ran out of the box
The 223 was short stroking until I pulled the gas system and reassembled it paying particular attention to alignment. Also detail stripped the BCG and gave it a good scrub, deburr and lube.

Both uppers run everything I put through them.

The 20" is only limited by the mil-spec trigger and my own ineptitude (changed out the trigger for a JMT EVO drop in but haven't had enough range time to evaluate)

BCA also follows actual laws and ships where it is legal for them to ship.

If you are looking for a budget 300aac then pick up a rear charging BCA so you can upgrade as you see fit.

If you are looking for a 400+ yard tackdriver then you'll need another zero in your budget.

Hrmf. Prices have gone weird. Uh, in your range-ish? (ISH, these are 700-800)

CMMG

LWRCI has a great deal on their "pistol conversion upper" - no BCG, but it's quite a deal. (bummer doesn't get their labor day 15% on top of that)
I just checked out CMMG. I am a little confused. With BCG and a charging handle the uppers are $1,500+. Without they are like $550. Are the BCG and CH really worth $1,000? Or am I missing other differences at a quick glance?

I just checked out CMMG. I am a little confused. With BCG and a charging handle the uppers are $1,500+. Without they are like $550. Are the BCG and CH really worth $1,000? Or am I missing other differences at a quick glance?
Links? Seems like you must be missing something. For $1500 I'd think you could buy an entire rifle, especially if made by CMMG.

Links? Seems like you must be missing something. For $1500 I'd think you could buy an entire rifle, especially if made by CMMG.

Seems that one is a proprietary self contained system and the other a standard AR system. Apples and oranges.

PSA was a go-to for many skinflints here until they stopped shipping to the commiewealth. Ymmv.

This upper doesn't care that your lower needs a proprietary rat tail BCG...
Or
Or

Last edited:
Why not build an upper yourself? For about $200 you can get a side charging upper receiver with complete bolt carrier and a 16" SST 300 BO barrel from Bear Creek. Add a gas block and tube and a hand guard and you are all in for ~$300. I have the BCA barrel and it shoots an inch at 100 yards all day.

Last edited:
This upper doesn't care that your lower needs a proprietary rat tail BCG...
Or
Or
Stop flexing on the south paws - side chargers suck if your wrong handed!

Hello everyone. I just ordered a Fightlite lower the other night and am now on the hunt for an upper. I'm looking for something more on the budget-friendly side. I looked at PSA and Bear Creak already. Are there any other companies you would recommend? I'm curious if anyone has built one of these. I have never done this before and am not sure if a complete upper is the way to go or part it out pees by pees. I would like to be around the $500 mark for the upper. Also not sure if I would be better off getting complete BCG and snagging the bolt off it or just getting the bolt and firing pin separately. Any tips or suggestions are more than welcome. Just be nice to the gun building noob
icon_smile_big.gif
. Thanks in advance.

Also if I could get some recommendations on a brake that will allow a suppressor attached to it that would be great too. I was looking at the Q chary bomb but know nothing about brakes.
For 500 you could get a premium "Sabre" upper from PSA

We get what we pay for,.. keep some cheap uppers handy for your unbuilt lowers laying around,.. but do you really want a low budget build for your primary?

Why not build an upper yourself? For about $200 you can get a side charging upper receiver with complete bolt carrier and a 16" SST 300 BO barrel from Bear Creek. Add a gas block and tube and a hand guard and you are all in for ~$300. I have the BCA barrel and it shoots an inch at 100 yards all day.
I do like the side charging handle. The Fightlike uses a proprietary BCG so I would have to drill and tap it for the charging handle. I don't have the proper tools to do so.

icon_smile_big.gif
. Thanks in advance.

I ended up with some bad luck with Bear Creek arsenal side charging uppers. The bolt charging handle would bend, I don't trust the steel they were using on that. I like the idea of side charging upper, just maybe with a different vendor.

Back
Top Bottom