finger guns

"Don't point your fingers shaped like a gun at your sister!"

This is what I heard the wife say the other day.

I didn't know what to think. On the one hand, I remember playing Army, cops and robbers, and cowboys and indians. I'm sure we used toy guns. On the other hand, I remember my father saying NEVER point even a toy gun at someone. Of course, this is pretty lame with squirt guns.

Anyhow, I guess I'll have to decide how I want to deal with this in the future. The worst is, I wonder what the school's reaction might be. )-:

Last edited:
Anyhow, I guess I'll have to decide how I want to deal with this in the future.

My parents don't have guns, so it didn't come up when I was a kid. I remember having one friend who wasn't allowed to play with realistic looking toy guns. Nerf guns and squirt guns were fine, but anything that looked relatively real wasn't. His father had him make a choice, have realistic toy guns, or get to shoot real guns with dad's supervision. I don't plan to have kids, but that's probably how I'd handle it if I did.

My kids have always "played" with realistic gun toy's, and they know not to point them at each other unless they are water guns. (they are also well aware not to point at passing by vehicles)

They all have been to the range, all three have there own safety glasses and plugs/muffs.

Wicked cool!!

What the hell is that thing? It's WAY cool looking but it also looks like it could easily end your piano playing career!

** Possibly NSFW **

This is the first thing I thought of... http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/152175

Saturday I was at a party and kids were running all over with toy nerf guns and one of the mothers said to the kids "Be careful when you're playing with weapons." I laughed and we had a conversation about guns which was really open, especially considering it was me and four libs at the table(wife included.) Long story short the dad wants me to take him and his kid shooting.
He said he took him out with an old air rifle and he loved it and that he thinks his son would be ecstatic to shoot a .22 and so would he. All this and the Mom's a teacher. Maybe there is hope after all [grin]

** Possibly NSFW **

This is the first thing I thought of... http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/152175

Saturday I was at a party and kids were running all over with toy nerf guns and one of the mothers said to the kids "Be careful when you're playing with weapons." I laughed and we had a conversation about guns which was really open, especially considering it was me and four libs at the table(wife included.) Long story short the dad wants me to take him and his kid shooting.
He said he took him out with an old air rifle and he loved it and that he thinks his son would be ecstatic to shoot a .22 and so would he. All this and the Mom's a teacher. Maybe there is hope after all [grin]

Awesome! How did it go?

I have no problem with kids pointing guns at each other as long as they don't look like real guns. Water guns are usually brightly colored or nothing like a gun, and other toy guns tend to be easily distinguishable.

I was at a play a couple years back and they had a prop rifle (m16 style) that they repeatedly aimed at the audience. I thought it was interesting that I was the only one who was slightly uncomfortable. I was also the only actually pro-gun person in the group. The people who were anti-gun didn't feel the slightest bit uncomfortable.

I was at a play a couple years back and they had a prop rifle (m16 style) that they repeatedly aimed at the audience. I thought it was interesting that I was the only one who was slightly uncomfortable. I was also the only actually pro-gun person in the group. The people who were anti-gun didn't feel the slightest bit uncomfortable.

The sheeple don't know when they're being lead to the slaughterhouse. Why would they feel uncomfortable? /sarcasm off/

Back
Top Bottom