First Black rifle...ACR or LWRC m6a3?

Lets say i can get the ACR for $1850 and the Lwrc for $1750, which would you choose? I'm leaning toward the ACR just because they are so hard to come by and its a great price and because its something different (everyone i know that has a black rifle is either an AR or AK). Unfortunately shooting either one before buying is out of the question.

Not necessarily, depending on where you are, the more the merrier when I take out my LWRC. Offer's open

Well it's final, just went on my lunch break and picked up a coyote brown enhanced acr from zero hour. Now I just gotta save up a little for a nice eotech for it. I'll post up some pics tonight when I get home. Thanks everyone for your input even tho I went against the majority.

Well if your gonna be all hasty then forget about it...,shoulda read whole thread first, congrats looks very nice.

The only way to settle this is man on man wrestling with no shirts, oiled up in a ring full of pmags.

i don't see any other solution.

For what purpose? He made his decision to leave the post up there anyway. And like I said, I could really care less if he wants to. That's not my main gripe.
Um they sold it to me as a 10rd mag. I asked about the legality of it coming with a 30rd pmag and he said it just looks like a 30 but it been limited to 10 to be MA compliant. They didn't set me up for a felony or anything. I bet your a big fan of Obama.

Um they sold it to me as a 10rd mag. I asked about the legality of it coming with a 30rd pmag and he said it just looks like a 30 but it been limited to 10 to be MA compliant. They didn't set me up for a felony or anything. I bet your a big fan of Obama.

That's exactly what they did. I would explain to you exactly how/why, but I'm sure the explanation would be lost on you. Here's some free legal advice: Don't take legal advice from a gun shop!

Your Obama comment shows you're clearly not "getting" it. Have fun with your PMAG at the range.

554778_3906768823439_659518149_n.jpg

Beautiful rifle, have you shot it yet or waiting for the scope purchase?

That's exactly what they did. I would explain to you exactly how/why, but I'm sure the explanation would be lost on you. Here's some free legal advice: Don't take legal advice from a gun shop!

Your Obama comment shows you're clearly not "getting" it. Have fun with your PMAG at the range.

Aaaand your general Snark sure as hell isn't helping anyone out.

Unless you are going to be constructive and PM him the information that he could possibly be in harms way, you decide to flame him, publicly, and spell shit out... publicly.... that isn't so obvious.

You're getting neg reps from me for a while. I would explain why to you, but that explanation would be lost on you. Here's some free common sense for you: STFU.

flintoid said:

Unless you are going to be constructive and PM him the information that he could possibly be in harms way, you decide to flame him, publicly, and spell shit out... publicly.... that isn't so obvious.

You're getting neg reps from me for a while. I would explain why to you, but that explanation would be lost on you. Here's some free common sense for you: STFU.

Well spoken.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forum Runner

The only one I was originally flaming was the shop. But you're right, in the future I will STFU. I can't make someone hit the 'edit' button, so what's the point.

i understand and appreciate your concern but as long as the mag can only accept 10rds then I'm fine. I have multiple friends who are cops and i actually ran this by two of them last night after all this hoopla. They both said as long as it's limited to 10rds its fine, I also asked about glueing the bottom to make it permanent and they said don't bother, as long as I'm not caught with it without the limiting block inside its fine. They both said essentially the same thing and they work for different towns. One also said that if i got pulled over with it in my possesion that i'd be better off not having it glued so that i could take it apart and show that its limited to 10rds. And the only purpose this pmag is serving me is for picture purposes, when i go to the range i'll use preban colt mags so i'm not even the slightest bit worried about it.

Beautiful rifle, have you shot it yet or waiting for the scope purchase?
Thanks man, i'm waiting to buy an eotech xps3 for it with my next paycheck, hopefully this weekend. Also planning a few other mods (magpul back up sights, magpul foregrip, and a magpul ms3 sling)

All I'll say is cops don't usually know jack about the laws, and what your two friends told you is a perfect example of bad legal advice. That said, you could probably openly post that you had brand new un-ruined PMAGs on this forum every day, go to the range with them daily, doing mag dumps all day, and unless you do something stupid like shoot somebody, I really doubt you would actually get in any trouble in this state based on a lack of anecdotal evidence.

Mike

Did you rule out a Sig556? They are readily available for $1000 less than the ACR and SCAR. I would bet that they are of no lesser quality.

ETA: Never mind. Looks like you already pulled the trigger. Looks pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Did you rule out a Sig556? They are readily available for $1000 less than the ACR and SCAR. I would bet that they are of no lesser quality.

ETA: Never mind. Looks like you already pulled the trigger. Looks pretty awesome.

One problem with current 556s is that they don't make a MA compliant model. It's probably possible to neuter them but they have a folding stock which is relatively difficult to fix as compared to pinning a typical collapsible stock on an AR.

Also, the ergonomics on the ACR are definitely better than the 556, if that matters.

One problem with current 556s is that they don't make a MA compliant model. It's probably possible to neuter them but they have a folding stock which is relatively difficult to fix as compared to pinning a typical collapsible stock on an AR.

Also, the ergonomics on the ACR are definitely better than the 556, if that matters.

That's for current production. Sig phase out the SCM model (MA compliant). But I'm sure you still can find new SCM model @ some local gun shop for less than a 1k.

That's for current production. Sig phase out the SCM model (MA compliant). But I'm sure you still can find new SCM model @ some local gun shop for less than a 1k.

Good point and at that price, it's a good deal.

i understand and appreciate your concern but as long as the mag can only accept 10rds then I'm fine. I have multiple friends who are cops and i actually ran this by two of them last night after all this hoopla. They both said as long as it's limited to 10rds its fine, I also asked about glueing the bottom to make it permanent and they said don't bother, as long as I'm not caught with it without the limiting block inside its fine. They both said essentially the same thing and they work for different towns. One also said that if i got pulled over with it in my possesion that i'd be better off not having it glued so that i could take it apart and show that its limited to 10rds. And the only purpose this pmag is serving me is for picture purposes, when i go to the range i'll use preban colt mags so i'm not even the slightest bit worried about it.

First: I apologize if you felt I was ripping on you in any way. I'm sorry if it came off that way. It really just pisses me off when shops make things available to people that could land them in hot water just to make an extra buck.

Two golden rules of navigating MA firearms laws: 1.) never take legal advice from people in gun shops, and 2.) never take legal advice form the police.

One of the cops you spoke with gave you some advice which may be okay, and one gave you advice that would, without a doubt, land you in some serious trouble.

Poke around here and read some of the threads. This state is a horror show.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/forums/81-Massachusetts-Laws

Please add the third golden rules 3) never take legal advice from strangers (including me) except from LenS, terraformer, GSG, & Knuckle Dragger. I might miss a few others great NES members, but hope you get the point.

Back
Top Bottom