First CMP order! It's here!

My two boxes over the summer were all '71-'78, but many more discolored cases than usual. Even some with corrosion.

T
corrosion is not unusual. Most of the loose stuff is from delinked machined gun belts. I'm sure I'm not the only one who received the sealed tins 240 rounds with the cardboard boxes and many of the end rounds where corroded where they contacted the boxes. I also have had the clipped ammo in bandoleers where the cloth bandoleers where rotted and very musty. This is old ammo stored God knows where under all types of conditions.....my last 2 loose cases the machinegun link stains in the cases are veryvery noticeable

Question for you guys that have received ammo orders from CMP lately. Are you still getting mixed mid 70's HXP?
Yes it will be loose until it runs out. If you thought the run on ammo and garands was crazy wait and see what happens when they bring back the sealed hxp tins the rush will dwarf what is going on right now. Especially if they don't jack the prices.

My order just hit the E-Store. Service Grade HRA with a note that I would take a Springfield. Also noticed the HRA Service Grades are now listed as Sold Out.

My advice. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL SOMETHING COMES BACK FROM THE CMP IF YOU WANT A GARAND. If you looking to have a garand to have one and shoot order a service grade with axnot that you will take a field grade or other manufacture also if you order now you should. E locked in on price.
Few things that make me think the rifles are slowly coming to a end for the mail order.
1. The parts now for sale on estore. This tells me the parts on hand far out way the rifles or even recievers they have on hand for build out or repair.
2. There's been a huge number of guns sold in the past year.

Ohh and I'm a firm believer that for the small increase in price service grade vs field grade you will be much happier with the SG.

Thanks for the advice Mac, this is far from my first M1. Hoping to get a WW2 serial in the FG category. Seen some nice ones come back over on the CMP forum.

.....Also noticed the HRA Service Grades are now listed as Sold Out.

I was fortunate enough to get a 6 mil SA SG rifle when they were available around a year ago. It has a NM barrel. I also ordered and received an HRA SG this past summer. It is a terrific shooter and it goes to the range way more than the Springfield.

My order just hit the E-Store. Service Grade HRA with a note that I would take a Springfield. Also noticed the HRA Service Grades are now listed as Sold Out.

SOB!!! I was about to put in an order for a HRA.. but now that the SA's are back, I will do up an order form right now for a SA.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about putting an order in for one. Field Grades should be out shortly though so I might wait.

Where'd you hear that? Is it on CMP forums?

If I wasn't trying to replace my truck I would put in a order for one more garand.....I'm tempted to go for the HRA service grade special or even a cmp specials to shoot the hell out of ? Or I might just rebarrel my worst shooting m1 which is my 1952 SA service grade.

Gilliam, it was in the ask orest section. He said they weren't far off from SG and FG, and considering they just released the SG I figure the Fields aren't too far behind.

Gilliam, it was in the ask orest section. He said they weren't far off from SG and FG, and considering they just released the SG I figure the Fields aren't too far behind.
Just caught that myself on cmp forums....be nice to get in on any garand before the prices go up

Final got some pics. Sorry.bout crappy quality, my s4 camera sucks. The trigger assembly parts loom relatively new with no real wear or tear. Some pitting and dents in the wood but shows character

nuty6ude.jpg
hytybyru.jpg
utepy5a9.jpg
6ebejype.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Final got some pics. Sorry.bout crappy quality, my s4 camera sucks. The trigger assembly parts loom relatively new with no real wear or tear. Some pitting and dents in the wood but shows character

nuty6ude.jpg
hytybyru.jpg
utepy5a9.jpg
6ebejype.jpg

Nice. GI Wood! Looks like 65 barrel replacement. Any armory markings on the stock?

Nice. GI Wood! Looks like 65 barrel replacement. Any armory markings on the stock?

Some numbers on the underside of the butt on the stock. No markings that I can see on the stock. Taking it out this AM to shoot. Will look when it's outside in the light. Trigger housing assembly parts look like Winchester repeating arms

Some numbers on the underside of the butt on the stock. No markings that I can see on the stock. Taking it out this AM to shoot. Will look when it's outside in the light. Trigger housing assembly parts look like Winchester repeating arms

Enjoy! Is this your first? If so, be ready to plunk down another $600 soon...

Yea its my first garand. Never even shot one before. Taking it to the range in bout half hour

did you read and follow directions in the manual, clean and lube it ? post some groups of the target!

Looks really nice but where are you guys seeing the 65 barrel? Looks like a 9 53 to me which could be correct for the receiver. Can you take a picture of the chamber?

Just got charged for my Service Grade HRA order. On the order form I added that they could change to any Service Grade Available. The e-store was updated just now to a Springfield, I also asked at the time of order for the lowest serial number available.

SG HRA
Mailed - 9/3
Received - 9/9
DBU - 9/28
E-Store - 10/24
CC - 10/25 - e-store updated to Springfield Armory Service Grade - waiting on serial number

Last edited:
I haven't been checking the estore but its on there.

2 - SG HRA
Mailed 9/3
DBU 9/19
E-store 10/25
Cant wait!

Back
Top Bottom