First CMP order! It's here!

Sent e-mail last week saying it was OK to changed to SA Service grade, since HRA's were out of stock. Order changed and case added to e-store today.

Soon my precious, soon.

And then I'll put in an order for an HRA Service Grade Special, becasue I still want an HRA.

I am not sure which was worse--waiting almost four months to get the rifle or having to wait a week after I received it to have time to play! I plan to strip it and clean it up today and hopefully have enough time to get to the range. I am trying to decide if I should further finish the stock with boiled linseed oil or pure tung oil. It is new wood--I am not so concerned about being correct. I am leaning towards the tung oil since it provides some weather protection.

Here are a couple of pics:

View attachment 83068View attachment 83067

I finished re-finishing the stock. I sanded lightly (200, 400, 600, and 800 grit) and applied 6 coats of pure tung oil. I gave it 3-4 days to dry between coats (in a dehumidified room). I buffed lightly with 0000 steal wool after the 1st, 3rd and 5th coat of oil. Some renaissance wax at the end for good measure. I added a reproduction leather sling that I picked up at Wilmington. I am not sure it that will stay. Here are the pics...

refinished 1 (800x600).jpg refinished 2 (800x600).jpg refinished 3 (800x213).jpg

I took it to the range today. These were shot from the bench at 113 yds.

target (600x800).jpg
(Not sure why the image gets rotated 90'CCW)

Not bad for my eyes and the first time out with it. I let a young club member shoot it too--I think we have another convert. Thanks to all here (especially Mac1911) for all the helpful advice.

jesus that thing looks like its brand new...i can see you out some fine sanding and oiling work into it like you mentioned

It's a CMP Special--the stock is new but it was rough; the metal was refinished. It does look great.

You have some decent grain on that wood. Its good you waited a few days between coats. Just a reminder to those who might you tung oil.... only use products labeled as 100% pure tung oil. Everything else is some other type of finish? With the new wood stocks they can have any finish you desire on them. Last one I did with mineax tung oil finish which is more like true oil< another fine finish.

I like the looks of the wood. As you can see your rifle came out very nice. With the extra sanding with the fine paper your rifle came out nice looking maybe to smooth and shiny for some BUT it doesn't have that sitting on top of the wood layer you get from shellac or Polly.....good job. I was pleased to see a milled guard on that special!

Wow.. hit the eStore 11/22, free case and donation showing up as well. Claims it will ship in the next 7-14 days! If so, that would be well inside the 120-180 days they are stating on the web site for an RM1SAS.

Hopefully pics to follow shortly..

Paperwork sent: 10/25
Received: 10/28
DNB: 11/06

So far so good!

Wow.. hit the eStore 11/22, free case and donation showing up as well. Claims it will ship in the next 7-14 days! If so, that would be well inside the 120-180 days they are stating on the web site for an RM1SAS.

Yes it appears to be axlot sooner for everything but HRA service grades.

Guess mine will be right behind yours. My received date was 10/28 and DBU was like the 12th. (2 SG SAs)

My two HRA SG with cases added to estore. Says order is processed, shipping in 7-14 days. I sent my order in 9/3. Should be soon!

Latest update on my SA service grade:

eStore: 11/22
Shipped: 11/25

That's one month from the time I mailed it until the time they shipped it. Seriously faster than the 120-180 day expectations set on the web site. But I'm not complaining..

From the eStore I can see it has a serial number under the 3mil mark! Looks like a May 1944 receiver. Excited to see what else comes with it.. I did ask for original USGI wood.

Should be here tomorrow, pictures and a range report to follow!

ljkasdfljkoaijhoigjaoijwelrfjlajkdsfljqaiwjoeglsdfhjfghjdfgh

Order for 2, SA SG
Order Mailed: 10/25/13
Order received: 10/28/13
DBU: 11/12/13
E-Store: Nada.
Shipped: TBD

Kind of surprised I haven't hit E-Store yet :/ where are my Garands! [laugh] Other folks on the CMP Forums are getting E-Store AND CC Hits. Heck, even deliveries! This is what I get for putting in a sticky note for GI wood AND a WWII SN. oh.. AND a shooter [laugh]

ljkasdfljkoaijhoigjaoijwelrfjlajkdsfljqaiwjoeglsdfhjfghjdfgh

Order for 2, SA SG
E-Store: Nada.

Kind of surprised I haven't hit E-Store yet :/ where are my Garands! [laugh] Other folks on the CMP Forums are getting E-Store AND CC Hits. Heck, even deliveries! This is what I get for putting in a sticky note for GI wood AND a WWII SN. oh.. AND a shooter [laugh]

Ha! Yes I wanted all three of those two but only asked for GI wood. Got the 2.9m SN though. Hang in there maybe they are just waiting for a mixmaster with all three!

Mine is on the truck now..

Order for 2, SA SG
E-Store: 11/26/13
CC Hit: 11/26/13

Update: CC shows a charge pending, E-Store hit. No S/N yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! Yes I wanted all three of those two but only asked for GI wood. Got the 2.9m SN though. Hang in there maybe they are just waiting for a mixmaster with all three!

Mine is on the truck now..

ahem.. where are the pictures?!

2 - SG HRA
Mailed 9/3
DBU 9/19
E-store 10/25
ser # added 11/26
Shipped 11/26
Serial numbers are
Serial #: 5510692
Serial #: 5510713

Latest update on my SA service grade:

eStore: 11/22
Shipped: 11/25

That's one month from the time I mailed it until the time they shipped it. Seriously faster than the 120-180 day expectations set on the web site. But I'm not complaining..

From the eStore I can see it has a serial number under the 3mil mark! Looks like a May 1944 receiver. Excited to see what else comes with it.. I did ask for original USGI wood.

Should be here tomorrow, pictures and a range report to follow!

Muzzle 2
Throat 2

Looks like a real mixmaster.

2.933mil SA receiver
Op rod is a newer D35382 SA (no revision number)
Bolt is newer D28287-19SA
Barrel is Danish VAR dated 3-60
Trigger housing marked D28290-PB, is this Italian?
Safety is marked IHC
Handguards look like WWII walnut. Stock is newer but definitely not new walnut, no markings except a rack number:

1712.jpg

Will do a full disassembly over the next few days and take better pictures, then go shoot it and report back.

both of my HRA service grades worth the wait. one is more like new than the other but the other has some nice features, usgi stock, lmr barrel and appears original reciever barrel match up.

Back
Top Bottom