• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Flea market find today

Bankjob

NES Member
Not too bad full box $15.00. I'm guessing from the 60's

145fs8.jpg

4ij9cn.jpg

Why not?
/noob

Garand is gas operated and the op rod is designed to withstand a certain pressure curve. Operating above that will damage the op rod and typically anything above about 180gr is too hot to use in a garand safely.

Garand is gas operated and the op rod is designed to withstand a certain pressure curve. Operating above that will damage the op rod and typically anything above about 180gr is too hot to use in a garand safely.

I have much to learn. Thanks.

Op rod damage aside unless your hunting with your M1 150 gn is plenty for punching paper. As issued garand matches are held at 200 yards so need need for heavy loads anyway.

I think you would be hard pressed to find any 150 gn loads that will damage your M1.....maybe some really high velocity stuff.

220 grain is a good wallop.

Bought because of my1903 but better value as a collector item versus range time

You should consider reloading for that 03. You have a vast assortment of bullets that can be used and you can brew up some very economical ammo for all day shooting. You can save your vintage boxes of ammo for your collection but still give yourself ample trigger time.
Don't overlook cast and coated bullets or even discounted jacketed bullets for your everyday plinking fodder.

Even though I don't own anything in .30-06, I've reloaded some '06 and plenty of 7.5x55mm Swiss and 7.62 NATO that utilize most of the same bullets, everything from 18gr plastic riot bullets, sabots, frangibles, 200gr coated.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom