For those doubting the power of a .22

After Fleeing Psychiatric Unit, Ex-Officer Is Killed in a Gunfight With Police

Carrying two handguns and a Bible, a retired city police officer was killed in a gunfight early Tuesday on a residential street in Staten Island by former colleagues who returned his fire, the authorities said.
Mr. Antonelli, a jeweler whom the F.B.I. believed to be an associate of the Genovese organized-crime family, was shot twice in the chest with a .22-caliber gun and died on May 12 at Richmond University Medical Center.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/23/nyregion/23shoot.html?bl&ex=1216958400&en=0d31b1999828e3cc&ei=5087%0A

Last edited:
They say, a .22 in you pocket is better than the .45 at home.

Please, you have plenty of time.... you know what they say.... "don't take matters into your own hands, dial 911, we'll be there to clean up your body!"

I'm absolutely certain that a .22 will kill you... eventually.

Here's how I look at it (from a "motivated individual" perspective): If a bad guy had my daughter in a headlock, had a .22 pointed at me, and I was across the room with a knife...

I might die, but my daughter would be safe, and the bad guy would be field dressed. Guaranteed. I might even have time to eat a few pieces of him.

Killing (eventually) and "stopping" are different matters altogether. Me? I want to "stop", so I carry a 10mm.

Last edited:
Statistically more people are killed with a .22 than any other caliber.
Mainly because more people are shot with a .22 than any other caliber.

Statistically, I bet more people recover from being shot with a .22 than any other caliber (except for maybe a .25 ACP).

Back
Top Bottom