Form 1 Disapproved (Trust Name vs. Permit)

I recently had my Form 1 returned requesting a copy of my MA LTC. When it was sent it was returned again because my LTC wasn't in the exact name of the trust (e.g. my permit is issued to John Doe and my trust is named "The John Doe Revocable Living Trust). Of course we all know that MA doesn't issue LTC's to corporate entities and trusts. I'm a bit confused as to where I go from here? I've called the examiner however since he is the one turning the application back I'm not sure I will get far with him.

I know someone who had the exact same problem with a MG transfer, and posted about it here. Unfortunately, you'll need to help the examiner that your Form 1 got to, see the light or maybe their boss, or get a sign off.

--EasyD

Looks like the examiners in W.Va are huffing some glue again.

Seriously, where did they get these people?

It can only be two possibilities:

A- these examiners really ARE that dumb/slow...

B- they do this stuff to be deliberately obstructionist to try to dissuade as many transfers and registrations as possible.

-Mike

Yeah that's definately an examiner screw up. I have 3 SBR's that are all registered to my Your Name Here Revocable Living Trust. I wasn't asked for an LTC until I think the last form 1 (6 months or so ago). Once I faxed the LTC I had the approved Form 1 in 3 days or so. Obviously my LTC has my name on it and not the trusts [smile]

Call the examiner and talk them through it. If that doesn't work get sent up to their boss.

Looks like the examiners in W.Va are huffing some glue again.

Seriously, where did they get these people?

It can only be two possibilities:

A- these examiners really ARE that dumb/slow...

B- they do this stuff to be deliberately obstructionist to try to dissuade as many transfers and registrations as possible.

-Mike

I think it's A since they get $200 a whack for each one they approve. If they disapprove it then the tax goes back to you. Doesn't sound like any government agency I know [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom