Forward Assist issue

Got a decent deal on one from a member. Very simple unit, very quiet, no "twang" or sound at all, no need for that buffer detent either.

It is a pretty K.I.S.S. type of unit, IMO.

In my opinion, there's no need for the buffer detent even with the standard setup. I run a couple of my ARs without it, for a couple of different reasons.

I find it interesting that people can even hear the spring at all on a standard setup. I don't know if my AR has some magically smooth setup or something, but I have never heard my spring over the sound of gunfire, especially with muffs on, although I could be hearing impaired or something from years of heavy metal concerts.[laugh]

I certainly can't hear the twang while firing. Even on my carbines while racking the charging handle on a dry gun I really don't hear anything annoying. I have a rifle that I can hear a twang doing that, but again while firing? If it's twanging I really don't notice.

These fancy buffers seem like an expensive solution to a non-problem.

I can hear it if I am really concentrating on a precise shot, but it doesn't bother me. That is with an Ace skeleton stock. Not sure I noticed with the Rock River Operator, will check Monday. Now I'm curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom