• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four guns every man should own

Your girlfriend thought it was normal that you were taking her, an old man you didn’t know that well (not a shooter) and a kid from the neighborhood (never shot a rifle) to the range to shoot Sam’s cola bottles? ..

Considering she’s an ex now, I think that answers your question.

He lost the girl, but at least he didn’t have to worry about needing to make sight adjustments to his airsoft optic.

Four guns every REAL MAN should own...

1.) 1911 .45 ACP, my own choice is a stainless custom II Kimber .45. The 1911 deserves it's own religion, case closed. The others are great, truthfully they are, even the Rock Islands, but people hate on Kimber because they didn't buy one. Bought my most recent Kimber, a stainless 2 for 655.00 at Rural King, and by God they deserve the hate for going so cheap. The best.

2.) Uberti 1858 Stainless .44/45 with 8" barrel. There simply is, NO MORE VERSATILE handgun. It should ultimately have 10 cylinders, 4 in black powder, 2 in .45 Colt, and 2 in .45 ACP. This gun gives you the ability to truly hunt. It's a magnum. You have the versatility of black powder, all it's substitutes, round bull, mini ball, full standard .45 Colt, cheaper .45 ACP, and shot shells. Also you can use it as a flare gun, shoot rocks out of it if you have to, and use capgun caps as a last resort for ignition. This is the survivalists gun who hasn't got the means to clean it often.

3. Winchester SXP Defender 12 ga with interchangeable chokes. You need that shorter barrel for handiness and ease of use in tight quarters. You need the chokes for hunting and giving competent patters at longer ranges on game. This is the slickest and strongest pump action on the market. It utilizes a rotary bolt, which is a type used for high powered rifles in both autoloading and slide action rifles. Mossbergs and Remingtons cannot compete for strength, and are mediocre in comparison when it comes to instant handling and follow up shots.

Ruger AR556 MPR.

This is hands down the very best AR15 rifle offered on the market today. Superior to anything the military has on an AR platform. A monkey who can see red, can be taught to pop soda cans at 200 yards in less than an hour.

I'm now looking into the Uberti. Been ithching to explore black powder.

I'd add a 5th. A .22LR rifle. If I had only one rifle, I would be very hard in deciding whether it would be our Savage bolt .22LR, or a 10/22.

I am going to go ahead and make a HOT take: I am sick of the 1911 JMB circle jerk. It is a great design. It advanced firearms technology to what we see today. However, it is 2020 and the 1911 is now antiquated.

I like 1911s they are cool as hell, but if I am making a short list of guns, it doesn’t make the cut.

9mm striker fire pistol of your preference
.357 Ruger GP 100 or s&w 686 4-6”
12 gauge mossberg 500 18” and 28”
Ar-15: any major manufacturer

I am going to go ahead and make a HOT take: I am sick of the 1911 JMB circle jerk. It is a great design. It advanced firearms technology to what we see today. However, it is 2020 and the 1911 is now antiquated.

I like 1911s they are cool as hell, but if I am making a short list of guns, it doesn’t make the cut.

I agree with every part of this post.

Ruger = The SUCK.

Only gun on the list worth two shits is the Winchester and I will still keep my Benelli M4.
And what is a "slide action rifle"?
I think he's referring to a pump action rifle,Remongton makes or made them in center fire calibers don't recall the model number and a nifty 22 or. There are reproductions of a Winchester around as well model 62 I think.

Agree. But replace AR by AK. And not jsut because ARs are gay AF, but because you can put a sandwich in an AK and it will still work.

Think about it, you are battling in the mean streets of Boston at lunch time and you drop your sandwich in your AR, you are f*cked. The AK don't give a sh*t, it says "add bacon to That sh*t you p*ssy". These things happen to operators.

D8gXnDc.gif

Last edited:
4dy61x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom