Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

I went in this Wednesday for the first time; I was calling all over the place looking for some things I wanted and they were the only shop to have it in stock. (and I'm impatient) I was shocked at how small the store was and how many people were there (at 11:00 on a work day). I can see how people say it gets really busy. Nice staff, took care of me right away despite the other customers. Even listened to a few of them try to explain to someone who heard the AWB expired, that the Mass ban is permanent. I don't think he understood; but, they tried.

If it wasn't so far away, I'd go this saturday and buy up ammo.

Fair is fair...
I've been back into Four Seasons a few times now in the past 5 weeks and although the store was busy each time I was greeted within a very few minutes and when I got to the counter the service was excellent! Brought a friend in last month to buy her first gun and she had every question answered politely and thoroughly and she left with 2 guns and everything she needed to go right to the range.
I was in today and was able to pick up a gun that I've been trying to find for more than a month.
Great job to Carl and his staff!

The last two times I've stopped in for just ammo I've given up after 10 minutes at the register without even getting a "hello". The service was great though when I was buying a gun....
Two other local shops are happy to see me regardless of the size of my purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow they are having Blazer 525 pack for 13.99?? Yeah that'll last 5 minutes.

Still had plenty today!

I was rather impressed with how they handled the tax free weekend. Sure the wait was long but the guy keeping the line in order and selling raffle tickets kept things light for everybody. Although for people starting at the back of the line, a lot didn't know they had to go up to the building entrance to get a number. So they'd have their place in line but would have to go after other people for not getting their number earlier.

I'm heading there in a few hours to return my Ruger LC9 that is defective.

I think I'm going to walk out with a S&W M&P 22-15 PC (if they have it), or a Ruger SP22.

I'd love to walk out with a S&W M&P 45c also, but those are hard to find, I need to find the money also [wink].

I was waiting on the S&W Shield (I was going to use the money I get back from the Ruger LC9) , but I'll get something else till that comes out.

DavidC77, while you are there, can you check on that .22 Blazer for $14 supposedly? I will go there as grab a few thousand rounds if they have any left. That's an awesome price for 525 rounds. Thanks.

I had a really good experience there a couple weeks ago. The place was packed, but it wasn't frustrating getting help. The people I dealt with were courteous and knowledgeable. They have excellent prices on a number of brand new guns, too. I bought a Ruger LCR .38 special. They have the absolute best price on that gun in my area. I highly recommend this place, it's the best shop I've been to yet (in Massachusetts).

Last edited:
No worries. I just left there. I grabbed 6 boxes of the Blazer. Good deal for $13.99 each. Plus I went while at work, so I saved traveling from Worcester. Which is an even better deal.

I've had good experiences there for years but I checked the used gun list Monday, found a gun I wanted and drove up Tuesday first thing. Asked for the gun and was told it must have been sold on Saturday. Then yesterday I checked the list again and it was still there. I called and they said "Oh someone is buying it right now". Great shop but it's so crazy in there things get missed.

I've had good experiences there for years but I checked the used gun list Monday, found a gun I wanted and drove up Tuesday first thing. Asked for the gun and was told it must have been sold on Saturday. Then yesterday I checked the list again and it was still there. I called and they said "Oh someone is buying it right now". Great shop but it's so crazy in there things get missed.

ALWAYS call them and ask them to put it aside for you. Their online inventory is always 12-48 hours behind, so a quick phone call can save heartache. I know a lot of guns get sold before they put them in the case e.g. I asked Jeff if he had any S&W 617s in stock and said, "Hold on a sec" he emerged from the back with a mint 617 with original combat grips, AWESOME...

Chris

I was there around 10am this morning, and even then the place was packed. It's crazy. There is a lot of expense with owning your business I'm sure, but Carl must be making a killing at that shop.

I was there around 10am this morning, and even then the place was packed. It's crazy. There is a lot of expense with owning your business I'm sure, but Carl must be making a killing at that shop.

I've rarely ever seen FS not crowded. I've been in there on a Wednesday, March morning right as the door opened and there was probably 10 people waiting to go in. Insanity. I like to go to Collectors as much as I can though.

2-3 months ago, I called on a Finnish M39. The one with the 1897 receiver. Was all set to drive down and scoop it up. Was told it was sold on the phone. Verified it was that particular rifle (there were 2)...sold

It's still listed as of 5mins ago.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just stopped by on my lunch break. It was busy for the afternoon!

I had to get some 9mm for the range tonight. I held the SR1911 and I was impressed at how light the trigger pull was. Luckily I was working today because I would have bought it on the spot. I couldn't believe that they still had it in stock.

They were fully stocked with 22, 9mm and 45 for those who were wondering.

The new 10/22 Takedown in blue is so pretty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Has anyone been in FS lately and seen any SR-22's? And if you know a price can you let me know? Thanks. I'll call later on but I can't call at work now. Thanks all,

-Al

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

Thank you Carl! Four Seasons donated a range bag for our recent Top Shot competition.

Attachments

• gun board.jpg
    gun board.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 136
  • prize table.jpg
    prize table.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 131
  • winners top shot.jpg
    winners top shot.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 142
Went in a couple of weeks ago just looking at what was available while I waited for my license to come in. I made it pretty clear that I wasn't able to buy anything and that I was only looking. I must have spent half an hour talking with one of the employees about what things I was looking for in a gun and listening to his advice. Although the store was pretty packed, the employee took the time to let me handle a few guns and answer all my questions.

I left without buying anything, but it will be my first stop after I receive my license. I honestly can't remember the last time somebody has taken that much time to help me

Went here a couple weeks ago and it will most likely be my last visit.

While I appreciate the "karma" giveaways, etc... it doesn't make up for poor service.

I had a discount coupon from MFS that I was planning on using that gave $25 off plus a free mag with Sig purchase...
While I was awaiting my LTC to arrive, I was continually calling them to get an ETA/put a deposit on a hard to get Sig Sauer P238. Every time I called I was either met with "we're out" or "we have been waiting for them to come in" etc.... I understand that distribution is not their fault, but I bought at another place that miraculously had one in stock for weeks. Id still be waiting if I was holding out for FS to get one in.

Moving on, I had set aside some time to make a trip up there and was planning on picking up either a GSG-522 or a S&W M&P15-22 (depending on what was in stock).
I emailed them about stock on the GSG and received a response 2 days later saying they were out of stock. No problem, I am new to guns and figure the 15-22 will be a better gun to get me used to the AR platform and function anyways.

Arriving at the store the next day, all was normal. 4 or 5 clerks standing around waiting to help and a couple even asked if they could help me out. I was still soaking the place in and looking at ammo prices to compare with my local shops (they are more expensive on all the ammo I looked at, contrary to what everyone claims), but when I was finally ready to wrap things up, I got a clerks attention and told him I wanted to purchase a M&P15-22.....

He says "You sure? Thats something a kid would buy" in a very condescending tone. I said "Yes, I'm new to rifles, Ive done my research and Ive decided to buy the M&P15-22 since its very identical to the 5.56 version and is going to be much cheaper to shoot until I am ready to make the step up to one".
Im then told that "You might want to look at a 1022, They've been around forever and you can get a lot of accessories for them". I said "I know, but I dont want one of those today".
He then starts the paperwork process and goes and gets the gun. When I finish the paperwork (before he fills out the gun info part) he tries again to sell me something else, a Ruger SR-22 and hands it to me. It was nice but not what I wanted. He said "Thats what I'd get, if I were going to get a .22" . At this point, I'm getting aggravated and just want to leave.
He then tells me that the M&P15-22's 10 round mags can be "broken" to accept 22 rounds and that if I get caught, just tell them that "you didn't know it was broken".
He then asks if I was transporting this in a trunk. I mentioned I was was using a Jeep. He then sighed and proceeded to open the cable lock and lock it up. I asked "is that because theres no trunk"? He replies "yes", which is 100% wrong as that lock is only good for storage and not transport (which he should know).
I then notice a GSG on the shelf and ask "Is that a GSG-522?" "yes" he replies. Hmmm... I wonder how they were out the night before and had them on the shelf the first thing the next morning...

He finishes the paperwork and then calls it in. While he's on the phone, he turns the paperwork around and hands me the pen again. I cant understand what he wants so I shrug my shoulders. He points to a part on the form that I entered the county but forgot to put in the "state". Like Im supposed to know exactly what I missed without him telling me. So I enter "MA" and hand the pen back to him. A few seconds later, he thanks the person on the other end of the NIRCS call and checks off a box labeled "proceed" on the form.
I jokingly said "Yeah! They like me today!" he then says "You're white."

If I wasn't halfway through the whole process, I would have left right there.

There is absolutely no excuse for this behavior.

Last edited:
Skydiveguy- I would share your experience with Carl. I have been there many times and had great service. I had crap service once. I called Carl and explained to him what happened. He took care of it.

Went here a couple weeks ago and it will most likely be my last visit.

While I appreciate the "karma" giveaways, etc... it doesn't make up for poor service.

I had a discount coupon from MFS that I was planning on using that gave $25 off plus a free mag with Sig purchase...
While I was awaiting my LTC to arrive, I was continually calling them to get an ETA/put a deposit on a hard to get Sig Sauer P238. Every time I called I was either met with "we're out" or "we have been waiting for them to come in" etc.... I understand that distribution is not their fault, but I bought at another place that miraculously had one in stock for weeks. Id still be waiting if I was holding out for FS to get one in.

Moving on, I had set aside some time to make a trip up there and was planning on picking up either a GSG-522 or a S&W M&P15-22 (depending on what was in stock).
I emailed them about stock on the GSG and received a response 2 days later saying they were out of stock. No problem, I am new to guns and figure the 15-22 will be a better gun to get me used to the AR platform and function anyways.

Arriving at the store the next day, all was normal. 4 or 5 clerks standing around waiting to help and a couple even asked if they could help me out. I was still soaking the place in and looking at ammo prices to compare with my local shops (they are more expensive on all the ammo I looked at, contrary to what everyone claims), but when I was finally ready to wrap things up, I got a clerks attention and told him I wanted to purchase a M&P15-22.....

He says "You sure? Thats something a kid would buy" in a very condescending tone. I said "Yes, I'm new to rifles, Ive done my research and Ive decided to buy the M&P15-22 since its very identical to the 5.56 version and is going to be much cheaper to shoot until I am ready to make the step up to one".
Im then told that "You might want to look at a 1022, They've been around forever and you can get a lot of accessories for them". I said "I know, but I dont want one of those today".
He then starts the paperwork process and goes and gets the gun. When I finish the paperwork (before he fills out the gun info part) he tries again to sell me something else, a Ruger SR-22 and hands it to me. It was nice but not what I wanted. He said "Thats what I'd get, if I were going to get a .22" . At this point, I'm getting aggravated and just want to leave.
He then tells me that the M&P15-22's 10 round mags can be "broken" to accept 22 rounds and that if I get caught, just tell them that "you didn't know it was broken".
He then asks if I was transporting this in a trunk. I mentioned I was was using a Jeep. He then sighed and proceeded to open the cable lock and lock it up. I asked "is that because theres no trunk"? He replies "yes", which is 100% wrong as that lock is only good for storage and not transport (which he should know).
I then notice a GSG on the shelf and ask "Is that a GSG-522?" "yes" he replies. Hmmm... I wonder how they were out the night before and had them on the shelf the first thing the next morning...

He finishes the paperwork and then calls it in. While he's on the phone, he turns the paperwork around and hands me the pen again. I cant understand what he wants so I shrug my shoulders. He points to a part on the form that I entered the county but forgot to put in the "state". Like Im supposed to know exactly what I missed without him telling me. So I enter "MA" and hand the pen back to him. A few seconds later, he thanks the person on the other end of the NIRCS call and checks off a box labeled "proceed" on the form.
I jokingly said "Yeah! They like me today!" he then says "You're white."

If I wasn't halfway through the whole process, I would have left right there.

There is absolutely no excuse for this behavior.

wow, [rofl]

Skydive guy, definitely tell Carl about your experience. I don't shop that much at FS and don't kiss their ass the way some do , but your interaction with the clerk sounded horrible and you should not have been treated that way. The 15-22 is a great rifle and is not a kids rifle. Sure any 22 rifle is suitable for a kid but making assumptions makes him look like an a**h***. And with the whole "white" thing, you are new to the gun world and will soon realize there are a lot of older gun guys who are very ignorant and racist. They probably have sons and they too are most likely the same way. It's no excuse but I have heard similar stuff like this in many shops. Good luck with your next gun shop experience.

Back
Top Bottom