• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Foxboro Gun Show April 2 & 3

What's the admission price? And why is that so hard to find?

These shows are usually $12 or $11 with this.

all-coupon%20w-background.gif

I'll be going so I can take advantage of the Mansfield F&G deal. Maybe I'll get to meet Len [laugh]

What's the admission price? And why is that so hard to find?

I think she's embarrassed that it is so high!

I'll be at the table at least part of the time on Sat morning. My Wife will be at the table most of the time. I do like to wander around and see if anything interests me however.

I went to the last Foxboro show as my first one, didn't buy anything, just kicking tires. This weekend, I plan on picking up something that goes boom, but have a quick question. Are items sold at shows taxed?

I went to the last Foxboro show as my first one, didn't buy anything, just kicking tires. This weekend, I plan on picking up something that goes boom, but have a quick question. Are items sold at shows taxed?

Legally yes. Sometimes you can negotiate an OTD price with a vendor and as some would say "cash is king"!

Legally yes. Sometimes you can negotiate an OTD price with a vendor and as some would say "cash is king"!

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I just recently got bit by the P938 bug, and if I find an edge/rainbow for the right price (heck, maybe even for a not so great price), it's mine.

Driving past Demetri's Route 1, Foxboro, I saw the sign:

Gun Show April 2 & 3rd. I missed the one in February.

Any reviews? Is it worth the trip?

http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/fox/FOXBORO.htm

I made a New Year's resolution after the last Foxboro show to avoid a gun show for a least a year. At least in our area. If I come upon a gun show somewhere in free America if/when I travel, I might as well give it a shot, but frankly - nothing to look for here. Prices are ridiculous, unless you look for some WWI rifle or memorabilia. Or perhaps a pin for your AR15 built, in which case you can save the $11 ticket and buy it online.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I just recently got bit by the P938 bug, and if I find an edge/rainbow for the right price (heck, maybe even for a not so great price), it's mine.

KNOW your prices at places like Four Seasons, etc. in advance. Most prices at gun show are ABOVE what you can buy it for retail at places with high volume such as Four Seasons. Don't get suckered into paying more than you should for what you want.

I always look at gun shows only as a place to see lots of stuff and mingle with people I know that I run into at the shows. In 40 years I've bought only 3 or 4 guns at gun shows . . . lots of hot sauce though FTW [laugh].

Exactly. Don't assume because it's a gunshow that the prices for guns are good - usually the opposite is true. Gartman Arms is down the street from the Foxboro show - their prices aren't as low as Four Seasons, but they are very competitive and always have a good supply of Sigs on hand. Stop by and see them, then go to the show and get some hot sauce.

Thanks, I've never heard of the place, but I will be sure to do that. I plan on going to a LGS during my break here at work today, to see what they can do for me, as I would rather support local. Maybe between this shop and Gartman, I may already own the 938 before Saturday. Then I will be on the lookout for a shotgun...

Yeah, I know about the "deals" at these shows. I found most of the prices laughable (ex. 1300 for a Garand...). I neglected the hot sauce last time, but I will not be making THAT mistake again.

It's funny, I must have driven by Gartman a hundred times in my ten years in the area, and it never occurred that it was a gun shop. From the outside it struck me as a light manufacturing/machine job shop, so I never paid attention, even though it says bought and sold guns right on the damn sign! I guess some of us need to be led by the nose...

I have only been going there for the past few months, but from what I'm told your impression of it was pretty accurate prior to the recent make-over and management change. I stop in there whenever Im in the area.

It was a gun shop as long as I remember and I actually enjoyed the old shop compared to the new one. The old shop was like stepping into a museum and the owner was a good gunsmith and would talk for hours even if you weren't buying anything. The last time i went in the new shop, he had taken all his 5.56 ammo off the shelf since he thought the prices were going up, he figured he would hold it and then put it back when the prices got higher. That is his right as a store owner but not the type of guy that i will give business to.

I live minutes from here and want to drop by on Saturday. But I recall a thread last time saying it's a cluster f--- trying to park around there. Want to do some knife browsing and a search for a Nazi Walther p38 I saw in Plymouth that I've been tracking. But it's probably not worth the hassle and aggravation.

As I recall, there was a good amount of snow on the ground, which impacted parking. I got there around 10:00 AM and parking was okay. There was also no line to get in.

I live minutes from here and want to drop by on Saturday. But I recall a thread last time saying it's a cluster f--- trying to park around there. Want to do some knife browsing and a search for a Nazi Walther p38 I saw in Plymouth that I've been tracking. But it's probably not worth the hassle and aggravation.

It's funny, I must have driven by Gartman a hundred times in my ten years in the area, and it never occurred that it was a gun shop. From the outside it struck me as a light manufacturing/machine job shop, so I never paid attention, even though it says bought and sold guns right on the damn sign! I guess some of us need to be led by the nose...

I was there today...nice shop lots of inventory decent to good pricing and friendly staff...

Yea, I thought that last time but when I got there the entire back area of the lot was empty at like 2 or 3pm. It was not nearly as bad as I had expected. And yes, the snow took up some of the area as well.

I remember seeing someone post about a $100 flat rate membership deal for Mansfield Fish and Game that's going to be offered at this show. Is that still true?

I remember seeing someone post about a $100 flat rate membership deal for Mansfield Fish and Game that's going to be offered at this show. Is that still true?

Yes, this will be the last opportunity for this promotion. Look for the "gun show loophole" hanging from a 5' high frame over the table.

I can't say for certain. We did allow "walk-ins" in March to get the same deal, but I don't recall if the BOD decided to do the same thing for April.

If you find out please let me know. My Daughter is looking for a club to join but not sure if she can make the show this weekend. She is not yet licensed but has taken the course with her BF and is going through the process now.
She can see the Franklin club from her new place but already doesn't like them. They are driving by yelling things out the window at her and doing burnouts in front of her house. Needless to say, I am not to happy to hear about this either. [angry]

If you find out please let me know. My Daughter is looking for a club to join but not sure if she can make the show this weekend. She is not yet licensed but has taken the course with her BF and is going through the process now.
She can see the Franklin club from her new place but already doesn't like them. They are driving by yelling things out the window at her and doing burnouts in front of her house. Needless to say, I am not to happy to hear about this either. [angry]

Ed, the decision was made Wednesday evening to allow walk-ins at the April 6th meeting to get the gun show special as well, but that is the end of the deal.

I may try to check this out tomorrow. I missed the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom